problems deregistering

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Jun 2016 10:37 AM by mark292 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hello,
I'm checking forums to see if anyone has experince of the following.

I'm leaving Spain in a couple of weeks:
First I went to the social security and they said I didn't need to deregister. I find this strange. It only occured to me when I got home that they will still have my Spanish address recorded but I won't be living here.

1. Can anyone tell me if they have deregistered from social security and what is supposed to happen?

I also went to extranjaria. I wanted to deregister my residencia. The policeman there said I didn't need to do anything with it I just keep the same NIE. I understand you keep the NIE forever etc, but that didn't solve the question of me wanting to register that I am leaving Spain and will not be resident anymore, surely that needs to be recorded somehow with them.
The problem was he really didn't seem sure when I queried it. You know that feeling you get when they just seem to want you to buzz off.
When I got home I had a look on the internet and have found several posts on forums saying you do have to deregister the NIE. A lady on another forum told me I have to fill in form EX18 and ticking "BAJA POR CESE". I downloaded the form and looking at it I can't see where to put my new address or anything.

2. Could anyone who has done this process, or knows about it, tell me how to fill it in and what I should get when I hand the form in please? (Logic tells me I should get a non-resident certificate with my NIE on it).

thankyou

Like 0      
03 Jun 2016 1:52 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I just helped a non  EU citizen de-register (baja)  so she had a Residencia, and  her husband who had EU Citizen Registration.. 

As you were told:  Complete the EX18 (Ex19 for non EU citizens) hand that in, your original passport and a copy. 

It really is as simple as that,  The people I helped, it was just a few days ago, were told they would get non-resident’s certificates too, but we are waiting to see.  If you have a bank account, you will need that cert and then change your account to non-resident. If you do not produce the cert, in due course Hacienda will freeze the account.

Like 0      
03 Jun 2016 3:03 PM by mark292 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thanks John,

Where will they send the non-resident certificates? Do you still have to have an address in Spain for them to get sent to?

appreciate the response, cheers

Like 0      
03 Jun 2016 3:07 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I would expect that you,  or someone you gave authority to, would have to pick them up at the police station.-

Like 0      
03 Jun 2016 3:33 PM by mark292 Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Right you are thanks.

Hopefully someone will come along who knows what's supposed to happen with the social security.

Like 0      
05 Jun 2016 7:49 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I can't even sign out of the seg.soc website easily, I have to clear my cache, cookies and entire browsing history or stay forever logged in, so God only knows how you de-register with them! It's possible to put yourself on "baja" (if you want to stop paying autonomo for example) but actually de-registering? No idea, sorry! I'm not sure I'd worry about it. Assuming you're returning to the UK, you should have no problem registering for NHS just by proving you're now resident in the UK - I don't think you'll be required to prove you're no longer on the Spanish health system.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Flight Compensation - 6 posts
Santiago De La Ribera - 2 posts
Collecting nie number - 3 posts
New Rental Rules, info re tenants to police - 0 posts
Buying a Property With Squatters in It? - 22 posts
Making a Power of Attorney (Poder) in Spain. - 1 posts
Swimming Pool Rules - 8 posts
Will Other Spanish Regions follow Barcelona - 15 posts
Rentals Question - 4 posts
Brittany Ferries - 0 posts
FOR SALE - Household Misc Items - 0 posts
Semi New Spinning Bike for Sale - 0 posts
Making a Will in Spain - 10 posts
Lawyer required - 11 posts
Reliable estate agent in Costa Calida/South Costa Blanca - 2 posts
Insure a Quad Trecking business - 7 posts
Spanish Residencia for Americanos - 4 posts
IT ALL STARTED AT EYEONSPAIN! CostaLuz-Decastro VICTORY AT THE SUPREME COURT FOR OFF PLAN BUYERS - 32 posts
Urbanisation turns out to be built on rustic land... buy or run ? - 8 posts
HELP WITH FINDING SCHOOLS NEAR ESTEPONA. - 0 posts
Experimento linguístico para mi tesis - 0 posts
Ladies Hairdresser in Estepona/Manilva - 0 posts
Golf Developments With Heated Swimming Pools - 12 posts
LON TERM RENTAL - 0 posts
Osteoarthritis in knees and spain - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x