Any ideas for property in Villamartin area, Orihuela Costa.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 May 2016 4:37 AM by Dolses67 Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Going to be moving to our property in Villamartin area after living in Australia. Just need advice / ideas and recommendations for the following:

1. Satellite installation 

2. Furniture stores - inside and out

3. Electrical stores - mainly big screen TV's

4. Painting of property mainly outside

5. Car dealerships - probably used

Happy to travel so doesn't have to be on the door step. Also if anybody has satellite with Sky, could somebody give me some idea of the cost per month for this as having lived out of the UK and Spain for 10 years have no idea now.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards Rob.

Like 0      
11 May 2016 9:09 AM by Dolses67 Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

Just trying again.

Like 0      
11 May 2016 9:25 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Going to be moving to our property in Villamartin area after living in Australia. Just need advice / ideas and recommendations for the following:

1. Satellite installation 

Several in the area. You will need a minimum of 1.4m dish but best for a 1.9m to be safe. Look at local chat sites for the Torrevieja area and there are plenty of recommendations.

2. Furniture stores - inside and out

Hnos Garcia in Torrevieja is very good. Go along the road by Iceland in the centre and there are loads of furniture stores to meet all tastes and prices.

3. Electrical stores - mainly big screen TV's

Zenia Boulevard is just down the road. Has massive Media Markt (like PC World/Currys in UK) and AlCampo supermarket, both with huge stocks.

4. Painting of property mainly outside

Again, local chat sites with lots of recommendations.

5. Car dealerships - probably used

There is a used car dealership by the garden centre in Villamartin. Also on the same road by Iceland as mentioned are all the main car dealerships and they have used car offers.

Happy to travel so doesn't have to be on the door step. Also if anybody has satellite with Sky, could somebody give me some idea of the cost per month for this as having lived out of the UK and Spain for 10 years have no idea now.

Sky TV is only available in Spain with a card. Either one brought from UK or a card sharing company. Both tecnically illegal (or against the T&C of Sky) so don't connect the phone or tell Sky your new address as it will be blocked. Lots of channels are being blocked by Sky. Freesat is available as is Spanish TV which shows a lot of English programmes and you can change the language to the original version. Mainly America shows.

Thanking you in anticipation.

Regards Rob.

Like 0      
11 May 2016 1:20 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

Satalight dish is old technology best to get the internet Android box cost around 50 euro. Furniture you have DFS and Ikea my first choice would be Ikea they supply everything for the home and deliver. Electrical all the big outlets and supper market's. are on the same site as Ikea Painting and odd jobs men just ask around . Car dealers no shortage of dealerships new and secondhand you will probably pass by atleast 10 driving from the airport.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 11/05/2016.

Like 0      
11 May 2016 8:02 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

you can get things on freesat that you can't get on the internet. BBC Scotland TV and radio for example.

Like 0      
11 May 2016 8:36 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

Johnmcmanon try getting a up to date android TV box from eBay these can be bought for around £40 for a fully loaded box all you need is a broad band connection and you can watch TV from any country in the world I had two sat dishes on my villa and took them down 3 years ago ,I do not use a dish on my property back in the UK  I use a android box or failing that you can have a 7 foot wok bolted to you're villa and get ripped of by a out dated satalight personally I didn't think anyone had these systems fitted.

Like 0      
11 May 2016 8:45 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

After a couple of weeks we didn't quite throw the Android box in the bin but it is in the Electronic gadget graveyard over the wardrobe. Poor quality picture, buffering, no just pressing a button to change channels and it got a pain in the proverbial. "put it on ITV" - go out of full screen, try and get the mouse to move up and down to the one you require, click and wait while "tuning" then scroll across to full screen, click on that, wait for buffering. Right at a good spot in what you're watching in pretty poor quality the little circle goes around with "buffering" or "timed out, retune" and so on. Oh, no, it was actually ITV2 I wanted......do it all over again. 

No thanks, simply click a button on the remote and get them straight away plus an EPG that actually works. And all in glorious HD without paying filmon the extra money, a simple hard drive attachment for one click recording, picture in picture if you want and all for a one off price.

Like 0      
11 May 2016 9:12 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

Mariedave sounds like you have a poor internet connection ,and a old android box try a xgody box with at least a quad core processor with built in hard drive the new boxes are the size of a cigarette packet, all the early boxes are only dual core ,that suffer from buffering take my advise dump the wok and start watching real tv from any part of the world and all the latest  movie's for free.😁.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

entire Apartment contents for Sale Marbella excellent furniture and condition - 1 posts
Camposol Sector C - 13 posts
Good-cond CAR WANTED - 120 CV upwards. - 0 posts
GE Money have sold their mortgage book to OTAGAZ Gestion Hipotecaria - 51 posts
winter let around Malaga near coast. - 4 posts
Attention of EOS team re spam messages - 5 posts
hihic card - 1 posts
power of attorney - 9 posts
long term rentals - 8 posts
Legal tip 1383.A SPANISH BANK REPOSSESSING YOUR SPANISH HOME?  DO NOT PANIC - 0 posts
Proof of uk residency required...bank says info required from British embassy? - 20 posts
A UK with a euro account - 3 posts
Communion and confirmations - 0 posts
CCTV IN A Community - 30 posts
New to the board - Yorkshire family looking to re locate - 1 posts
Life and work in spain - 4 posts
Used 2015 Lexus LX 570 4WD - 0 posts
Childs seats help - 1 posts
Do You Spain - too good to be true? - 12 posts
Almunecar rastro - 0 posts
How difficult is it to install additional electric wall sockets in Spain? - 0 posts
Renfe train tickets - 14 posts
Case won against Banks in Eurohouse developments - 7 posts
Laura Perth - 3 posts
Victory against Eurohouse banks - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x