Almoradi

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Sep 2007 6:31 PM by Ricardo y Renee Star rating in Bedford/ Daya Nueva. 28 posts Send private message

Ricardo y Renee´s avatar
Hi Morerosado
Lo siento, not into footie.
Went to market to buy wife some shorts from particular vendor who of course wasn't there due to rain.
Had menu del dia at Indian in Rojales Euros 9-50, thought I had managed cheap day out, then drove past new furniture store on Daya Nueva ind Est, Furniture Zone and landed up buying leather recliner sofa.
Delivered today.
Just had menu del dia at the YOYO in DN, ready to try it out in front of telly
Then it's up to our bullring for the running of the bulls at 11-00 tonight.
Where are you living?
Ricardo

Like 0      
26 Sep 2007 6:45 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I'm not really into footie Ricardo but "Georgia" who posts in forum told us he was playing in it (he & his family live Algorfa) & as we were going to be out there we got kinda cajoled into going & good job too, it was a real fun time. I'm not saying it wasn't serious but whenever Georgia fancied a cigarette he went off for one.  The mayor of Daya Vieja played for the Spanish side & a big name from Alicante was the referee.

I know of Furniture Zone. http://www.furniture-zone.eu/  We called last Saturday but it had closed, 1pm I think, so another time.

Currently we are non residents living in the UK but after March, we could move out to outside of Guardamar where we have a house. We completed two & a half years ago.

I'm not into the "bull thing" at all, far too upsetting, I feel. However, each to their own.

Like 0      
26 Sep 2007 7:42 PM by Ricardo y Renee Star rating in Bedford/ Daya Nueva. 28 posts Send private message

Ricardo y Renee´s avatar
Hi Morerosado ( what is your real name?)
OK on footie, us too.
We are not into bull fights, but every year in Daya Nueva at Fiesta time they have something for the kids and it's a bit of fun where the bulls chase the people.
Just off to the pasadoble competition
Ricardo

Like 0      
26 Sep 2007 8:06 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi folks, we went into Almoradi a few times, it is a lovely place love the market.    More I bet the football match was great Roy would have loved that we must get out more next time we go but some how time just seems to fly.  We did go into Algorfa but we did not explore very much will have to do that next time.  But it is a lovely place.   Pat

Like 0      
26 Sep 2007 9:14 PM by EVLou Star rating. 145 posts Send private message

Hi Ricardo,

We spent some time in Daya Nueva on Saturday...sat in for a drink at the bar with the big screen TV..   Trying to escape from the rain. We were absolutely drenched.  It seems a lovely town. cheers, Carol

Like 0      
27 Sep 2007 7:19 PM by Ricardo y Renee Star rating in Bedford/ Daya Nueva. 28 posts Send private message

Ricardo y Renee´s avatar
Hi Carol
I think you must mean the Imanyo, run by Antonio. When we bought here about 4 years ago it was jsut a Spanish bar, now a bit more British don't you think? The owner is a lovely guy and runs it with his wife and brother in law who is English. We use the YOYO which is opposite for menu del dia, 8 Euros and VERY good value for money.
The village has grown over the last few years and many of the residents do not want any more, they voted in a new independent mayor this year as he promised to slow it down, it was shock for the PP.
W travel back and forth to the UK so still use it as a holiday home.
Where do you live?
Ricardo

Like 0      
27 Sep 2007 7:23 PM by Ricardo y Renee Star rating in Bedford/ Daya Nueva. 28 posts Send private message

Ricardo y Renee´s avatar
Hi Pat and Roy
Just drove through Formentera on way to Benijofar, lots of new flats going up, are you in one of those?
Where is a good place to eat there, like to try new venues
Ricardo

Like 0      
27 Sep 2007 7:37 PM by thehalls Star rating in Lomas de Cabo Roig, .... 47 posts Send private message

Hi Ricardo - we are also from Bedford. We own at Lomas de Cabo Roig (Playa Golf) and will be having a 2 week break there - from next Friday, 5th. Can't wait. 

Like 0      
28 Sep 2007 9:31 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Ricardo Y Renee,  Their is a few eating places in Formentera One the Trasgu, Candy Bar,  their has been a few more opened since we have last been their so we will find out over on the 7thOct. We are not on the main road we are a turning off Virgen Del Carmen.  We are lucky as a lot of our neighbours are residents, but we are still going backwards and forwards like yourselves, we are no that far from you Hemel Hempstead.      I have been told do not know if it is true that the building has now been stopped in the village as infrastructure will not be able to cope.     Regards Pat

Like 0      
30 Sep 2007 6:14 PM by Ricardo y Renee Star rating in Bedford/ Daya Nueva. 28 posts Send private message

Ricardo y Renee´s avatar
Hi Pat and Roy
That is interesting ref the restaurants, must stop off and have a look round one day, it looks like a typical Spanish village like ours.
We have a new mayor who sya that he will put a stop to any more developments that have not been given approval..............however, let's see :-)
There seem to be more flats in Formentera, seem very good value for money.
Just having my 1st G&T , then off to the town square for dinner
Have a good trip
Ricardo

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Reputable lawyers in Mallorca ? - 3 posts
Building and Contents Insurance Cover. - 15 posts
NO WATER!! - 0 posts
Travensa Builders - 0 posts
cheap return flights to Barcelona Aug 2008? - 6 posts
Regular Payments To Spain - 32 posts
Frustrated ! - 3 posts
NIE numbers for children - 11 posts
new owners at Jardines Del Mar Costa Del Sol - 1 posts
Opticians - 5 posts
Schooling Almoradi - 2 posts
Broadband on the Costa Blanca - 3 posts
Bill - 2 posts
Furniture for sale - 0 posts
security grills - 2 posts
jacuzzi yes or no - 6 posts
Satellite dishes and Spanish Law - 9 posts
House repossesion! - 1 posts
Packing - 2 posts
New Member with a query! - 8 posts
School in Duquesa - 4 posts
Solicitor in Torevieja - 1 posts
nota simple - 3 posts
Property Insurance - 14 posts
skype - 14 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 50

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x