Buying a car to keep in Spain...

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
31 Jan 2016 9:28 PM by MillyC Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

Hi All

We are looking to buy an apartment in Spain and are wondering about buying a small run around to leave at the property for us to use when we visit.  Has anyone already done this? if so what do we need to be aware of please? is it best to just enhance your own British insurance to cover anytime abroad ? what about insurance for the vehicle, whilst it is in Spain and we are back in the UK?

Any information, would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sue and Paul

Like 0      
01 Feb 2016 8:36 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I am not sure exactly what you thinking of, but in your situation I would suggest buy a Spanish Reg car and insure it in Spain.

Like 0      
13 Feb 2016 3:46 PM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

Hi MillyC, I have a car in spain for the last 15 Year's just a few things to watch out for, the first car I bought was a Cut ans Shut, the second was Clocked, so I think it is very important to buy a new one a keep it for the duration of your time in the Costa, you can but a nice small car for about €9,999 not bad...... I bough a new one 4 Years ago, ......the best money I ever spent......

Like 0      
13 Feb 2016 4:34 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Plnety of good dealers to buy a car from shop around, set a budget, research as you would in UK

Why leave the car at the property? park it at the airport where it will be safe and save on taxis etc. many car parks offer annual contracts circa 300€ per year (less than 1€ per day!) multiple airports, no limts on how many times you come over, meet and greet, undercover options etc

would advise against leaving it at the property with a neighbour looking after it - so many stories including the neighbour using it constantly to renting it out to visitors etc.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

HELP REQ'D WITH A SURVEY FOR A HND - 3 posts
Transfering car from UK to Spain How to do it - 14 posts
Moving to spain - 12 posts
Parking at Gatwick Airport - Discount Code - 0 posts
intercontinental hotel al torre golf resort...re opening? - 1 posts
Printed plan of Cala Mosca Development - 0 posts
For sale Ovation Balladeer LX electro acoustic guitar - 0 posts
Job and renting info please? - 8 posts
TV content from 'home' - 5 posts
Donald Trump - 61 posts
Looking for advice on which estate agent to use..... - 7 posts
Buying Travel Insurance whilst living in Spain - 6 posts
Law 57/68 claims - 25 posts
Hi - new: moving from UK Sussex to Galicia in summer 2016. - 4 posts
Restrictions on driving with a Spanish DL. - 8 posts
Set up on-line electricity contract - 5 posts
Gringo Americans Seeking Advice (Por Favor) - 2 posts
Sam Brooks - 10 posts
Gas water heater - 3 posts
Long Term Car Rentals - 3 posts
Brittany Ferries Discount Codes - 2 posts
Banking - 2 posts
From Essex to Espana.. - 2 posts
compressed double mattress?? furniture delivery advice? - 1 posts
SPANISH REGISTERED LEFT HAND DRIVE CAR FOR SALE IN ENGLAND, TOYOTA COROLLA. - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x