Case Won

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Nov 2015 5:16 PM by manus1 Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

We are delighted to recovered our deposit from an off-plan development in Villamartin. The development wasn't finished in time so we decided that since we had a bank guarantee we should take legal action against Cam/Sabadell bank. Our solicitor at the time was against such action so we looked to Costaluz Lawyers.

Maria and her team took us on and even though we lost the initial executive decision, Maria appealed the the courts and we won our case and there was no appeal lodged by the bank

Spanish court system is very slow and I firmly believe that  this  is deliberate in order to discourage us and others like us taking legal action. It took over 6 years to recover our initial deposit and a small amount more - having now received a detailed breakdown of costs from Costaluz.

I know that there are many others out there in the same situation that we found ourselves in. Communication from Costaluz Lawyers was not great - even poor at times. However, Maria has had a good record of recovering deposits for her clients so my advice to those of you, who are still wondering if it will ever end, to persevere and hopefully all will be resolved to your satisfaction.

Again, I wish to thank Costaluz Lawyers for their efforts on our hehalf.

Manus1

Like 0      
22 Nov 2015 7:35 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Great news Manus,

Maria has been a long standing member of EOS and has always taken time out to help and give us all great advice over the years.

Well done Maria smiley

Like 0      
22 Nov 2015 8:07 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Always good to hear good news Manus, so well done to Maria and all the team at CostaLuz. :)

Also good to hear that the Bank did not appeal the decision.

Like 0      
23 Nov 2015 1:53 AM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

You are so right Candyfloss. Althought I do not post much now I do follow what is going on.

Well done Maria and team.

Patricia. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

HEALTH INSURANCE - 5 posts
IBI on static caravans - 5 posts
Back dated refuse collection taxes from La Linea - 2 posts
Moving to Denia - 7 posts
Electricty use - 20 posts
Moving House with a lot of pot plants - 0 posts
Cleaning Contract UK - 1 posts
Fibre Optic Suppliers in Spain - 5 posts
Goose - 4 posts
Looking for a perfect school! - 9 posts
International Black and White Association - 4 posts
Prescriptions posted from overseas or made in Seville - 1 posts
occupation licence - 21 posts
looking for work in the murcia area - 6 posts
Paris - 39 posts
looking to buy exercise equiptment - 0 posts
ELS clients files - how can anyone access their files now the firm has closed?? - 0 posts
A question for lawyers with regard to timeframe and processes involved in transference of monies following successful rulings (Ley 57/68) - 0 posts
AIC international lawyers in cabo cervera 03188 torrevieja-alicante - 1 posts
Great British Idioms - Do the Spanish have them - Do they understand or just think we are mad - 16 posts
is it worth me buying a car or just carrying on renting one - 16 posts
Car insurance - 15 posts
mar de plata mazarron - 11 posts
Fire Stick - in Spain - 5 posts
Problems with form 210 (wealth tax) for tax due 2015 - 25 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x