December driving from Santander to Murcia

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Nov 2015 11:31 AM by Birdgroup Star rating in Derbyshire. 4 posts Send private message

Hi

i have driven this route in summer but need to get a car over early december

has anyone driven over in Dec and if so

whats the roads like through the mountains 

thanks 

Like 0      
01 Nov 2015 2:02 PM by GB45 Star rating in Wiltshire and holida.... 130 posts Send private message

We have done it in early February, which I think is the coldest month in Spain. It was fine although there was snow on the ground. We didn't have any problems as the authorities have plenty of snow ploughs clearing the roads, as and when necessary.

Like 1      
02 Nov 2015 8:55 AM by KJL Star rating. 56 posts Send private message

I have driven down several times in Deember. The only time I had problems was in 2010 when it was bad in England and Northern France. Unfortunately I had an accident in Rouen and had to spend Christmas there but when I continued my journey after Christmas the roads south were no problem.

I generally don't use toll roads and from Calais go via Rouen, Tours, Poitiers, Bordeaux, Pau and the free tunnel under the Pyrenees at Canfranc and in Spain via Jaca, Huesca, Zararagoza, Teruel, Valencia, Murcia.

I have just booked my trip this weekend departing on the 5 December.

After posting this reply I have just seen you want to take the ferry to Santander. I have also done this route in December.. I would caution that the crossing can be quite rough at this time of year and on one occasion the crossing was cancelled twice as I was about to leave home for Portsmouth and it was finally cancelled completely and they offered me Portsmouth to Cherbourg which I eventully took as I could not get another competitive channel crossing at short notice. But I think that was the roughest ferry crossing I have ever had and couldn't stand up until the ship had docked.

This message was last edited by KJL on 02/11/2015.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Solicitors in Murcia/alicante - 14 posts
Call for greater regulation and reform - 0 posts
Do you have a car for sale? - 0 posts
Changing to interest only mortgage - 6 posts
EPC Company Recommendation Please - 2 posts
Estate Agent and Lawyer Recommendation Please - 0 posts
Form 720 Declarations, Action by Hacienda - 8 posts
Viva Airport Transfers - 1 posts
Don't forget to check French and Portuguese airports if you live near them. - 0 posts
New Supreme Court Decission if developer went bust - 0 posts
Car For Sale - 1 posts
You couldnt make it up - 7 posts
Reporting crimes anonymously in Spain - 7 posts
Some advice on where to move to in Spain (tax avoidance and much more) - 27 posts
Genius Bar at Apple Marbella - 4 posts
Reporting Burglaries to the Police - 2 posts
Ceramic Exterior Floor Tiles - 1 posts
Long Term Rental Agreement - 1 posts
Pose a question with Maria de Castro - 2 posts
Nokia 6410i Mobile Phone - 6 posts
Galicia - BBC / Sky / Filmon / Europa Network Reception - Advice - 5 posts
Estate agent fees..legal issue - 23 posts
Los Canovas, Murcia - 7 posts
HEATING OIL - 8 posts
Which Canary Island in February? - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x