How to do business with Spanish business owners/ companies?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Nov 2015 1:52 PM by MichelKo Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Hi all,

Just wondering whether you guys have any tips and tricks on doing business with Spanish companies? As I'm coming from the Netherlands, we are starting to target Spain as a new developed market. I really love and am a fan of Spain, but have no real insight on doing business with them on a professional level. I understand that language is a big factor. Thanks in advance all.

Warm regards,

Michel - Cloudtract

Like 0      
10 Nov 2015 4:31 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Learn to speak Spanish as good as a local, the great business idea that you have won't last long in Spain ,if it is a good way of making money within a month every one will be selling it that's the way it is in Spain good luck anyway.

Like 0      
10 Nov 2015 5:04 PM by MichelKo Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thank you for your feedback. I'll sign up for Spanish class :) #LetsDoWork

Like 0      
10 Nov 2015 5:59 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Your not selling windmills or blocks of cheese are you, only joking. Good Luck Whatever Your Selling

Like 1      
10 Nov 2015 5:59 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Post submitted twice.

This message was last edited by newworld on 10/11/2015.

Like 0      
10 Nov 2015 11:20 PM by jayce Star rating. 80 posts Send private message

Good Luck..........you will certainly need it !!!

Like 0      
11 Nov 2015 10:16 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Michael:

What type of need are you looking for? Way of relating/interacting? Legal?

Of course it is possible to do business ( and there are plenty of opportunities in Spain). I agree that there has been much corruption within the real estate area, mainly promoted by a wrong concept of finances--- which is a problem we share with the rest of the world---, but... of course it is possible to do business and do well in Spain. I can point you to right directions without any doubt.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
11 Nov 2015 11:44 AM by MichelKo Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Thanks for all the good luck wishes! No... no windmills newworld... But you should try our cheese though :).

I was mainly wondering for ways to interact. We developed a web-based contract management tool for SME businesses, called Cloudtract. Many SMEs waste money due to improper contract management. Not enough time, or not prioritizing their contracts. We experienced this ourselves and had to pay for an unwanted contract renewal of 40k... (IT-contract licence). There are solutions available, but not that simple or very expensive.

As we have a background with cloud based banking software development, we developed our own solution and are basically in the business of working smart by making contract management simple, safe and free! Feel free to sign up and check it out: Cloudtract.

In 6 months, we grew to over 1500 companies in 57 countries, and noticed intercultural differences and similarities quickly, among of which language.

As procedures may differ in countries (and companies), I was wondering how SMEs in Spain are managing finances, contracts and overall business administration and their mentality towards collaboration tools and the cloud. Of course the way to reach out to Spanish SMEs is also important for us to understand. Like, do they prefer email, in Spanish presumably? This because I also noticed a difference in competence of using English?

Learning much already!

Like 0      
11 Nov 2015 12:34 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Great job! Much necessary in Spain!

Possibly a good way to introduce yourself is through the Chamber of Commerces

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 13/11/2015.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

50 Year Old House Inspections - 2 posts
Non-EU family members do not need visa to enter UK, says European court - 25 posts
REFERENDUM ON UK MEMBERSHIP OF THE EU - 8 posts
Speed camera at Lorca - 0 posts
Supplying info about crimes, tax evasion etc. - 9 posts
Importing LHD car - 14 posts
No gas mains - 2 posts
Benalmadena - 11 posts
Possible purchase at Hacienda del Alamo (HDA) - Dilemna - 6 posts
banking problems - 1 posts
Changes to State pension age for women - 24 posts
Hi - Newbie from Wales. - 5 posts
Christmas Day Lunch near Mijas Golf/MIjas Costa - 3 posts
Compatability of bereavement pensions from Uk and Spain - 0 posts
December driving from Santander to Murcia - 2 posts
Solicitors in Murcia/alicante - 14 posts
Call for greater regulation and reform - 0 posts
Do you have a car for sale? - 0 posts
Changing to interest only mortgage - 6 posts
EPC Company Recommendation Please - 2 posts
Estate Agent and Lawyer Recommendation Please - 0 posts
Form 720 Declarations, Action by Hacienda - 8 posts
Viva Airport Transfers - 1 posts
Don't forget to check French and Portuguese airports if you live near them. - 0 posts
New Supreme Court Decission if developer went bust - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x