moving to spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Sep 2015 10:32 PM by bazzs Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

I read a lot of people saying stay in England. Don't move to spain. Y is that's  it's getting bad over he. Gas.electric. Food. Don't mention the council tax. £1200 a year.so y is every one moaning a bout Spain.

This message was last edited by bazzs on 23/09/2015.

This message was last edited by bazzs on 23/09/2015.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2015 10:55 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2328 posts Send private message

I read a lot of people saying stay in England. Don't move to spain. Y is that's  it's getting bad over he. Gas.electric. Food. Don't mention the council tax. £1200 a year.so y is every one moaning a bout Spain.

I think that when folk move to Spain, for an instance, the biggest thing is they struggle a bit with everyday problems which in the UK they take with a pinch of salt because we / they have grown up with them and take very little notice of them. Plenty of other good reasons will come out as this post goes on.

Like 0      
24 Sep 2015 4:42 PM by bazzs Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

We're the best places to live. Witch is close to supermarkets and shop. Doctor. Chemist ect. A want a villa  which is just out side of a town 

Like 0      
24 Sep 2015 5:26 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Have you any idea what part of Spain or a region  you would like to live ? then maybe we could suggest some towns.

Like 2      
24 Sep 2015 6:19 PM by bazzs Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Valencia.torrevieje.alicantie. Murcia. Plus the little towns.. But anywhere down the south coast

Like 0      
24 Sep 2015 6:56 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

None of those are down the south coast..

Like 0      
24 Sep 2015 7:17 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Like 0      
24 Sep 2015 7:42 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

All those areas are on the South East coast area with quite a long spread between them. Valencia to Murcia over 200 km.

Perhaps it may be best to book somewhere for a couple of weeks and look around. Perhaps base yourself in the middle (somewhere around Torrevieja) and there are good motorway links between the other places. Really, you need to decide what you actually want. Valencia is a big city which runs just like a city, Alicante not so big but still a city with all the businesses. Torrevieja (the poorest city in Spain, by the way) spread out and often includes the Orihuela Costa and has a population of around 100,000 rising to over half a million in the summer. Murcia is inland but has lots of coastal towns where people buy.

Some of the places can be ghost towns in the off season but packed to the gunwhales during July to September. Many of the areas you mention have lots of British (and other nationalities) living there which is no bad thing if you want to make friends.

There's also price. Valencia and environs are quite expensive as is Alicante itself. Guardamar through Torrevieja to Murcia are very cheap at the moment.

In fact, scrub my couple of weeks. Take a few holidays at a couple of weeks at a time. Also visit the Costa del Sol and look around. Whatever you do, don't rush in. We have had 3 properties in some of the areas you talk about. Whilst liking everyone of them, the first two were great for holidays but not for permanent living and we took over 6 years to find the area we finally finished up in. Quite a costly exercise when we take into account the falling property prices but ever increasing taxes (transfer tax for resale properties in the areas you mention is now 10% plus at least 2 or 3 percent more for legal fees - IVA (VAT) on new properties is the same). Best to look around a lot until you find what you want.

Best of luck in whatever you decide.

Like 0      
24 Sep 2015 8:00 PM by bazzs Star rating. 8 posts Send private message

Thanks for that info. Help a lot

Like 0      
03 Oct 2015 12:00 AM by DavidMutd Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi mates! let´s see is somebody can help me.. does anyone know playa patacona in Valencia? I´ve been there a week this month and i find it a great place where to live. I´m moving to Spain for sure during 2016 and i´m in love with this area. It´s about 10 minutes far in car from the centre of the city, you´ve got supermarkets, restaurants, beach ¨chiringuitos¨ like spaniards call them ..anda again , what i consider more important, being near to the third city of Spain. I´ve seen some lovely seafront apartments but before i do anything, i need opinions!

Like 2      
12 Jan 2016 3:12 PM by SvZanda Star rating in Valencia, Spain. 3 posts Send private message

SvZanda´s avatar

Hi David,

I live in Valencia I should say that Patacona beach is excellent choise! But even better is Port Saplaya! It is close to Valencia, like 7min by car, and it looks like small Venice!! It is amazing. Check it on google. And the apartments are not too expensive! When do you plan to move to Valencia? Let me know if you need any info ;)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Tax tax and more tax - 0 posts
Lost logbbook - 4 posts
Car Insurance - 16 posts
Why did you move to Spain? - 1 posts
1000 Euros per month - 37 posts
Renters insurance - 3 posts
Health Insurance - 1 posts
Hello all, moving to spain and rent long term, and pension advice please. - 6 posts
No insurance cover for holidays with multiple - 19 posts
We're to live in Spain - 0 posts
Switching to a Spanish driving licence - 20 posts
New replacement Law for Ley 57/68? - 8 posts
Aircon issue - 4 posts
Claims to the Justice Department - 0 posts
Still no deeds after over 10 years - 8 posts
box 4'6''x18" to go to quesada from uk any idea how much to send it or anyone traveling to rojales quesada in next 2-3weeks - 1 posts
Police in Greece Discover Arms in Humanitarian Aid for Immigrants - 3 posts
FREE kitchen cupboard from UGR La Tercia - 0 posts
Mahogany Bedroom Furniture UK - 0 posts
Kitchen cupboard UGR La Tercia apartment - 0 posts
Estate Agents fees and IVA - 5 posts
DISCRIMINATION AND INJUSTICE IN ESTEPONA TOWN HALL - 26 posts
Tapas. A Dying Art? - 9 posts
Motor Homes - 3 posts
Info on roof terrace - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 11

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x