Still no deeds after over 10 years

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Sep 2015 1:39 PM by fly380 Star rating in Las Filipinas, Orihu.... 253 posts Send private message

http://www.spanishsolutions.net/case-studies/clients-with-no-deeds-even-though-they-paid-for-their-property/  

Could we be nearing the end? I somehow doubt it but we are trying. If anyone wants to know the name of the agent, Lawyers, builder or ambulance chaser send me a pm. cheers Fly380.

Like 0      
17 Sep 2015 1:52 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

I would look into nullity of sale and attached mortgage.

Effects of nullity are retropositioning to original status: refund of paid amounts plus interests and handing back of property to buyer ( if he still exists).

Bank will have important enforcement rights on the property due to pending mortgage so at the end..... another house for the Bank which THEY will not be able to sell till FOL exists.

Losses for the Bank. Burden out of the individual person who was lied to the sale.

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 17/09/2015.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
17 Sep 2015 3:08 PM by bobaol Star rating. 2253 posts Send private message

bobaol´s avatar

Another year gone fly380. The never ending saga of the rip off agents/builders/solicitors.

Keep in there and, I seem to say this every year, best of luck and hope it all gets sorted soon. When I eventually got a nota simple for my flat there (cost me a fortune in court and solicitor fees) I found the mortgage the builder had taken out on the land had eventually been paid (would have been just as cheap for me to pay his bl&&y mortgage off) they hadn't changed the deeds at the registry so that cost me another €550 to take off the mortgage on the property that I never had.

I'd already paid €250 for an occupation license that was never issued and, to add insult to injury, the notary charged me yet another €250 as a future application for said license. Not sure it'd do any good to contact those people to try and get my 12 grand back nor the loss on the flat which I couldn't sell for over 4 years as no deeds/LFO in which time the price had dropped 50%. All in all, nearly 65 grand lost on that particular little foray in to the housing market.

Even after 6 years of being out of it, I still have to stop the missus putting a brick through the windows at Atlas or slashing their tyres when we see one of their vehicles which have, unfortunately, started appearing again.

Like 0      
18 Sep 2015 3:02 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Non issuance of deeds, licences, guarantees. Illegal builds and mortgages. Non compliance with existing law and planning regulations. Inconsistent  law enforcement  Lack of accountability and effective deterrents. Maladministration and an overstretched court and justice system. Unregulated Banks.

And all as a consequence of a system that fails to prevent abuse at source due to lack of effective monitoring, lack of effective independent regulatory bodies (including Bar Associations) to control and deter malpractice, corruption, collusion and instill moral authority fom the outset. Apologies for the rant! 

Like 1      
18 Sep 2015 11:08 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Bobaol: Did you use a conveyancing lawyer?

Ads: I am with you in many things you say but in regartds to Courts and Justice which I think are doing a very good and valuable work for consumers/ buyers protection and compensation.

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
18 Sep 2015 11:20 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

I understand what you are saying Maria, and please do not perceive this as criticism of those who are doing their level best to gain better accountability given the current system, but the timeframes to achieve full and consistent enforcement and compensation appear abusive and there is increasing need for methods to prevent failures at source rather than after the event.

Kind regards

This message was last edited by ads on 18/09/2015.

Like 0      
18 Sep 2015 12:05 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 1      
18 Sep 2015 12:43 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Thank you Maria but I note the following

You are attorney/lawyer/social group/particular

so would this not be better and more effective coming from the lawyers who have a wider knowledge of the clients' details and who are currently being subjected to abusive timeframes and thereby identify an increasing need for time constraints to be put in place on the various processes in law (for which many have little knowledge)?

Like 0      
18 Sep 2015 1:02 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Yes. We do use it

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

box 4'6''x18" to go to quesada from uk any idea how much to send it or anyone traveling to rojales quesada in next 2-3weeks - 1 posts
Police in Greece Discover Arms in Humanitarian Aid for Immigrants - 3 posts
FREE kitchen cupboard from UGR La Tercia - 0 posts
Mahogany Bedroom Furniture UK - 0 posts
Kitchen cupboard UGR La Tercia apartment - 0 posts
Estate Agents fees and IVA - 5 posts
DISCRIMINATION AND INJUSTICE IN ESTEPONA TOWN HALL - 26 posts
Tapas. A Dying Art? - 9 posts
Motor Homes - 3 posts
Info on roof terrace - 3 posts
No water - 3 posts
daydreamer51 - 3 posts
cheap golf - 5 posts
Successful car purchase in Torrevieja - 0 posts
Pilates - 1 posts
Are property prices really on the up in Spain? - 43 posts
Learning Spanish with "Play your Language" - 0 posts
Urgent - Please sign this petition to help an expat pensioner stay in her own home! - 0 posts
selling uk goods in benidorm - 17 posts
Presidency or Dictatorship! - 28 posts
Comunity Presidents and committees - 21 posts
Spanish tax after returning to the UK to live - 6 posts
For capital gains purposes, do they count the price paid including the IVA paid. - 5 posts
Procedure for transfering electricity and water account when selling ... - 2 posts
Electrical work - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x