Murcia Region Rental Wanted

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Aug 2015 11:14 AM by TonyGB Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

My wife and I are looking forward to spending several months in Spain and the Algarve this autumn/winter with a view to finding an ideal place/places to spend our winters.  After spending a week with friends near Zaragoza at the beginning of October, we want to spend some time in the Murcia region, a region we haven't researched as much as other Spanish areas, where we are hoping to rent an apartment for up to a month....at first. As a couple of very fit retirees who have always left every house/apartment we have lived/stayed in an excellent condition, we find the cleaning charges advertised with most places for rent are, for us, an uneccessary expense which we are reluctant to pay.  We always leave a place very clean and tidy (often more so than when we first entered) and ready for the next guests to just move in their belongings.  We wouldn't feel comfortable vacating a place otherwise.  We will even do small jobs that require attention!  Is there anyone on eyeonspain who feels they could trust us to look after and clean their apartment to a very high standard (including the oven and the bed linen/towels) and not break anything whilst we're there (in the unlikely event that we did, we would replace it)?  We do understand that there are folks that aren't particularly clean and tidy and are happy to pay someone else to clean up after them for a fee....but that's not us.  Also, at the back of our minds are the people we know, like my sister-in-law, who paid a damage deposit and didn't get it back even though she hadn't broken anything and had left the place immaculate!  The owner falsely accused her of damage (after the key holder had seen my sister out of the apartment with no complaints).  

By the way, after spending the past 12 years travelling to Spain and visiting many places (we even had our own place in a Spanish village for a couple of years) we don't insist on being in a Spanish community...even though my wife gets by very well using the Spanish language.  We are quite happy to be amongst English speaking folks! We aren't looking for anything exclusive or expensive....just a place with all the necessary living space and equipment.

Here's hoping!

Like 0      
26 Aug 2015 11:39 AM by fonziedas Star rating. 55 posts Send private message

hi and welcome to the forum,

when do you need a place in Murcia ? I have a very nice apartment in Roda Golf,

regards,

Like 0      
26 Aug 2015 12:31 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

I a not certain why you would object to paying what in most cases is a small amount to have a property cleaned after a departure, typically beyween €70 - €100.  I am certain that you would expect it cleaned before you arrive and in our case for example a typical clean is actually 2 cleans, one when people leave and the 2nd just prior to an arrival as the property may have been empty for some considerable time

I don't agree with owners that don't rteurn security deposit but these are not just to cover breakages but also bills becaise typically a long term rental is plus bills paid by the renter and it cam often takes weeks to get the final accounts when people leave

Being honest I would not advise a person to rent unless they were getting a good security deposit and of cppurse money to cover a clean

Like 0      
26 Aug 2015 6:39 PM by TonyGB Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Perhaps 70-100 euros is a small amount to some but, as pensioners, it isn't a small amount to us.  However, as I mentioned in my first post, we would leave a property very clean and tidy and there wouldn't be anything to clean.  Hence, we would be paying a cleaner to do nothing.  We have encountered this situation more than once. We leave a place as good as we find it (sometimes better) out of respect and pride, not because we object to paying for a cleaner where a cleaner is necessary. Nevertheless, I do understand your point of view.  We are asking someone to trust us to do what we say we'll do.  However, when it comes to renting, trust is a two-way thing.  The owners trust the renter to treat their home with respect and the renter trusts the property to be as advertised...also, that the owner/rental company will not overcharge for cleaning or utilities and will always hand back the security deposit asap when deserved. Not every Company is as trustworthy as yourselves.

By the way, I am not entirely happy with the idea that I could be paying more than is necessary to refresh a place that has been left empty for some considerable time.  It is hardly the renters' fault if this is the case.

Thank you for your welcome, fonziedas.  We will check out Roda Golf and get back to you asap.

Like 0      
26 Aug 2015 7:27 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Rude - Inciting **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 8/26/2015 9:51:00 PM.

Like 3      
26 Aug 2015 7:57 PM by TonyGB Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

** EDITED - reply to previous 'edited' post**

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 8/26/2015 9:53:00 PM.

Like 0      
26 Aug 2015 8:15 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

** EDITED - reply to previous 'edited' post **

This message was last edited by newworld on 26/08/2015.

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 8/26/2015 9:55:00 PM.

Like 5      
26 Aug 2015 8:53 PM by Jarvi Star rating in Halifax UK and Sucin.... 757 posts Send private message

** EDITED - reply to previous 'edited' post **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 8/26/2015 9:55:00 PM.

Like 1      
26 Aug 2015 9:56 PM by eos_moderators Star rating in España. 173 posts Send private message

eos_moderators´s avatar

Please keep on thread and avoid unnecessary antagonising comments to other members please.

Thank you

Like 0      
27 Aug 2015 8:55 AM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

Whenever I log into this forum I am reminded of the Monty Python sketch 'Is this the right room for an argument?' frown

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
27 Aug 2015 10:40 PM by hugh_man Star rating in Kent/Roda . 1593 posts Send private message

hugh_man´s avatar

No it isn't. ;)

Like 0      
28 Aug 2015 8:43 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

Do you know whats really odd, somebody comes on here seeks advice, winds people up and then deactivates their account, really odd

Sometimes I wonder why we post

Like 3      
28 Aug 2015 12:02 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

Forums are strange places, they turn cowards into heros, dwarfs into giants and introverts into extroverts, I've long since given up attempting to understand some of their members.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Cover for electric boiler on balcony required - 0 posts
Valencia car hire companies that won't rip me off! - 6 posts
Getting out of long term contract early - help! - 14 posts
help needed - 11 posts
Long term rental wanted Marbella San Pedro benahavis or Estepona area. - 0 posts
Clueless - 7 posts
What would you do differently? - 114 posts
PLAYING C.D. OR D.V.D. ON A COMPUTER - 3 posts
Tabarca Island - 1 posts
Cyclone Android X4 for Sale - 0 posts
Can I ask... - 13 posts
Maths Question - 9 posts
Bipolar - 1 posts
Furniture set for sale - 0 posts
Hi everyone I am new and thinking of moving to Spain - 21 posts
Garden Planters - 0 posts
Fishing advice! Help! - 0 posts
tax - 4 posts
Ski jobs - 0 posts
Help me to check the company in MURCIA - 5 posts
Smoking In Spain - 8 posts
Unaminity votes - 13 posts
Dog barking - 13 posts
Long term/annual car parking at Alicante & Murcia airports - 3 posts
Hi hoping to move to spain - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x