Tabarca Island

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Aug 2015 1:12 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

had a question from soem holiday makers about trips to Tabarca Island - I have never been

I know you can get ferries from Torrevieja, Alicante, Santa Pola and I have heard of small boat taxis

Have found prices for main ferries (glass bottom boats) but not small boat taxis anyone know how much

Other questions

Anyone been?

How busy is it this time of year?

Is it a day trip or can you stay overnight and if so is it worth it?

Any other info would be helpfulsmiley

Like 0      
23 Aug 2015 11:09 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

We have been to Tarbarca several times over the years - a really beautiful place and well worth visiting! We normally take the water taxis from Santa Pola (in the marina) and if I remember right the fare is 15euros return per person - although I believe this increases slightly in the high season. There are several cafes/restaurants in the village but they do tend to be more pricey than the mainland due to transport costs. Also a couple of 'touristy' shops and a very nice Ibizan boutique - my wife usually buys something from there, so it can't be too bad! You really must visit the church, too, which is currently undergoing restoration (for about the last twenty years).During the summer season there can be up to a thousand visitors a day, but the permanent population is less than 90 souls! You can do it in a day, but I wholeheartedly recommend an overnight stay. When the sun goes down and the last boat has left the peace is fantastic; then get up at 8 and just wander around in the sun all by yourself - fantastic! You can look up the Boutique Hotel Tarbarca, but it is what it is, and the prices are a bit steep. We have used Hostal Masin on the main street and it is a very nice, basic hosal which charges 50euros per night for a double room B&B. They don't have a web-site but you will find references to them on t'internet if you Google.Take plenty of sun oil!!!

Apart from a fork lift truck and a builder's dumper, the only vehicle on the island is an old 5cwt pick-up; after nearly 50 years in road haulage, my ambition is now to become a long-distance lorry driver on Tarbarca!

Steve 

This message was last edited by Sten46 on 24/08/2015.

This message was last edited by Sten46 on 24/08/2015.

Steve.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Cyclone Android X4 for Sale - 0 posts
Can I ask... - 13 posts
Maths Question - 9 posts
Bipolar - 1 posts
Furniture set for sale - 0 posts
Hi everyone I am new and thinking of moving to Spain - 21 posts
Garden Planters - 0 posts
Fishing advice! Help! - 0 posts
tax - 4 posts
Ski jobs - 0 posts
Help me to check the company in MURCIA - 5 posts
Smoking In Spain - 8 posts
Unaminity votes - 13 posts
Dog barking - 13 posts
Long term/annual car parking at Alicante & Murcia airports - 3 posts
Hi hoping to move to spain - 4 posts
Hispano-Suiza - 3 posts
Cars for sale - 3 posts
Closing an account with Caixa Catalunya from the UK - 0 posts
Exporting car from Spain to UK on behalf of my Grandad - 3 posts
exchanging driving licences - 11 posts
Would you shop anyone? - 56 posts
sublet property - 1 posts
Complaints book/Hoja de reclamaciones - 8 posts
heating your home in the winter - 21 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x