NIE

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Jul 2015 11:40 AM by clg1972 Star rating. 49 posts Send private message

Hi,

I would like to get my NIE whilst in Spain (but due to costs would like to do this myself). Is there anywhere near Fuengirola where I could get this done and how long this may take? If it takes longer than 2 weeks, I'll probably just go to the Spanish Consulate here in London.

Thanks,

Clare

Like 0      
08 Jul 2015 9:48 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

If you are in the area covered by Fuengirola (includes Mijas) then you can do it at the National Police Station in Fuengirola.  Just go in Mon to Fri 9 am until 1 pm,  get the application forms and the bank payment slip, currently 10.60 € euros I think,  make an appointment and that’s it.   There is even an English guy, volunteer,  to help you too. 

It is a very simple process and certainly no one would need a lawyer etc to assist.

PS There are also volunteers every weekday morning to assist with denuncias (crime reports) or other crime related matters/qestions. The service was set up by an English guy 15 years ago, and is still going strong.

Like 0      
08 Jul 2015 10:04 AM by clg1972 Star rating. 49 posts Send private message

Great info...thanks John.

Like 0      
08 Jul 2015 12:54 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

I think you need a photo too

Like 0      
08 Jul 2015 6:29 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

When you go in and make the appointment (that procedure is probably not available in most offices)  and pick up the application forms,  you will be told what you need.    I am pretty certain you do not need a photo,  as there is none on the NIE cert which you will receive. 

You will need your original Passport and a copy of that.

Like 0      
08 Jul 2015 10:52 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

I needed a photo when I applied

Like 0      
09 Jul 2015 9:08 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

John,   this is the Government web page. No mention of a Photo, however,  as I said,  Clare will get the list of requirements (in English) when she goes to pick up the application form (EX-15) and makes her appointment.

You may be getting confused with the EU Registration process.

http://www.interior.gob.es/web/servicios-al-ciudadano/extranjeria/ciudadanos-de-la-union-europea/numero-de-identidad-de-extranjero-nie-

Extract:-

Para la asignación del citado número deberán aportar los siguientes documentos:

Impreso-solicitud normalizado (EX-15), debidamente cumplimentado y firmado por el extranjero

Original y copia del pasaporte completo, o documento de identidad, o título de viaje o cédula de inscripción en vigor.

Comunicación de las causas económicas, profesionales o sociales que justifican la solicitud.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 09/07/2015.

Like 0      
09 Jul 2015 11:18 AM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

I still needed a photo. This was in Torreviecho 3 years ago. Just saying.

Like 0      
09 Jul 2015 11:37 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

In searching re johnMac's post, I found this which may be helpful to Clare amd others. 

It is the EX-18 (NIE and EU Registration form) in English.

http://extranjeros.empleo.gob.es/es/ModelosSolicitudes/Mod_solicitudes2/18-Certificado_Residencia_comunitaria_EN.pdf

Like 0      
09 Jul 2015 4:14 PM by clg1972 Star rating. 49 posts Send private message

Many thanks :)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

I need a fence putting up!!! - 0 posts
experience with bb4s internet - 0 posts
What is 'Normal' TV in Spain? - 13 posts
job wanted - 4 posts
advice needed - 0 posts
New in Camposol - 4 posts
New to Spain - 0 posts
help....is it doable driving to murcia from uk with 2 drivers & no stop over - 13 posts
How together from Los alcazares to seville - 2 posts
Local Doctors in Spain - 9 posts
Spanish law regarding renting out property short term - 2 posts
Corgi Registered Gas Fitter - Benalmadena - 5 posts
Metal grills and gate refurbishment - 1 posts
Duquesa to Puerto Banus Transport - 1 posts
Can anyone recommend a gardening/fencing service in Duquesa? - 0 posts
Estate Agent Jargon Explained - 0 posts
Ryanair/Hertz - 1 posts
Ralphy - 0 posts
IF WE COULD JUST FIGURE OUT WHO'S CAUSING THE PROBLEM?? > - 24 posts
Moors & Christians / Moros y Cristianos Festivals (any experts on here?) - 0 posts
NOW TV Box - 1 posts
Cucumber Gin in Spain - 2 posts
9 people hurt in Benidorm bombing by ETA today - 1 posts
Need blood test done - 13 posts
Thomas Cook Bonus for CEO - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x