Granada City Centre Traffic Fines

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Jun 2015 4:32 PM by broph Star rating. 147 posts Send private message

We live in UK but are currently on holiday in Spain until 03rd July. Yesterday we drove into Granda for three night stop over and while searching for our hotel I found myself on the Gran Via which is marked exclusively for Bus /Taxi/ Motos.

eventually found hotel and parking.

my question is two fold :-

1. Am I likely to receieve a ticket and fine through the post ( our car is Spanish and registered to our Spanish address but we are currently non residents. )

2. How long does it take the authorities to issue the ticket because if I've gone back to UK I fear an unanswered fine will grow to a big future problem when we return in September.

any information or advice is appreciated.

regards

Ken

Like 0      
23 Jun 2015 5:54 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Lets hope you weren't seen broph.

As you probably realise there are two ways you could get caught, either by camara or since the updtaed traffic laws came into place last year, police can now process the offence just by seeing you and getting your car registration plate.

Here is the DGT electronic office page where you can check for and pay fines, you will probably need a electronic signature, maybe your gestor can help with this if you are unsure.

Like 0      
24 Jun 2015 10:04 AM by scollins Star rating in London. 53 posts Send private message

Check your booking with the hotel - if the hotel is in a traffic restricted area and offers parking, then my experience elsewhere ( Cordoba) is that on arrival you give your registration number to the hotel and the hotel advises the traffic dept so when the car enters/leaves a restricted zone it doesn't get a ticket. This does depend on the nature of the restriction but it might be worth a look at you booking/hotel details to see if there is any reference to car parking. But it does sound like you drove along a traffic prohibited street to reach the hotel which could be reached by some other route that is not restricted so I suspect you may be sent a penalty notice. 

Like 0      
24 Jun 2015 6:07 PM by broph Star rating. 147 posts Send private message

Thank you for your responses. You have given me useful information . I don't have a problem paying for breaking a traffic law. My concern is that I might not be in Spain if or when the penalty notice comes through and the authority thinks I'm ignoring it and they then increase the seriousness of the penalty.

I will check out the leads that you have given me. 

Many thanks

Ken

Like 0      
02 Jul 2015 2:35 PM by semo Star rating in Ireland. 84 posts Send private message

My husband did the same thing beginning of May.  Blames the sat nav lol.  We were in a hire car and to date have received no ticket.  The receptionist at the hotel indicated that it would be a 30 euro fine. We did stop and ask police directions to the hotel that they obligingly gave - no mention of how we got where we were.  I'll post if we get one.

Like 0      
02 Jul 2015 2:58 PM by broph Star rating. 147 posts Send private message

Thanks for all your responses. I will post info when it's been resolved one way or other. Regards Ken

Like 0      
02 Jul 2015 7:17 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

Massively off topic, but I recall during a trip to Cartagena that very close to the old submarine was a sign saying Museo, which I translated to museum, on striding forward up the drive I was greeted by two Spanish guys in naval uniform carrying automatic weapons, I decided to give them the benefit of the doubt. surprise  

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Never again will I book through Do You Spain! - 5 posts
Greek Crisis - 0 posts
We're losing our postal service - 3 posts
NO WORK.....IS SOCIAL SECURITY AVAILABLE? - 3 posts
buses from malaga airport to marbella on Saturday - 1 posts
Is Covera ever opening ? - 2 posts
Repairs to Westminster - 17 posts
Visiting Gibraltar? - 2 posts
Electricity Charges - 7 posts
Demolition Order - 4 posts
Beware The Cowboy Builders Are Back - 23 posts
Rent or Buy - 6 posts
moving to spain - 10 posts
Astra 2G latest updates - 1 posts
Music Jams - 0 posts
Inconsistent Judicial Rulings and recovery of legal costs and interest (Bank/Insurer claims) - 0 posts
Electricty to be charged by the hour - 2 posts
Foreign Asset Declaration Model 720: - 50 posts
Help!! Employer has not paid me or my tax, or his!! - 4 posts
Spanish Lawyer - 6 posts
Holmes car registration service Marbella - 2 posts
Andrew - 5 posts
Buying white goods in Malaga. - 5 posts
Selling property of deceased person - 4 posts
Deposits on car rental - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x