Electricty to be charged by the hour

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Jun 2015 8:37 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I just read this. I have no idea if it is correct.

ELECTRICITY for homes and small businesses will be charged by the hour from July 1, meaning peak and off-peak rates will apply to everyone and not just those who have applied for the so-called 'white tariff' where costs differ throughout the day and night.

Full story here:-  

http://www.thinkspain.com/news-spain/25992/electricity-charged-by-the-hour-from-july

Like 0      
18 Jun 2015 11:56 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

We've been told it's when properties have smart meters fitted. I know a lot already have but everyone is to have them fitted by October 2018.  The monthly billing will start from July and the tariff for time of day and power used will start (in our area) from October this year.

We've also been told the rental for the smart meter will increase despite them not needing people to read the meters.

Again, no idea if this is correct or not but our smart meters are due to be fitted in September as we had a warning notice on the community bulletin board. Apparently some people have had their supply interrupted whilst doing it and holiday makers have come back to find it all tripped out and spoiled goods in the freezers.

Like 0      
18 Jun 2015 12:21 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

When our son lived with us I was tempted to have the electricity meter relocaled to the ceiling, we could have then used it as a fan. cheeky 

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 2      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Foreign Asset Declaration Model 720: - 50 posts
Help!! Employer has not paid me or my tax, or his!! - 4 posts
Spanish Lawyer - 6 posts
Holmes car registration service Marbella - 2 posts
Andrew - 5 posts
Buying white goods in Malaga. - 5 posts
Selling property of deceased person - 4 posts
Deposits on car rental - 4 posts
Cleaning Service in Salou - 0 posts
Making a crime report in Spain to National Police - 10 posts
Cheap car rental option St Javier area - 4 posts
Ban cyclists ! - 32 posts
washing cars on the street - 1 posts
So we have decided to take the plunge - 10 posts
No win no fee - 1 posts
san juan de los terreros - 2 posts
COCKROACHES IN VALENCIA - 7 posts
Serena Golf apartments - 3 posts
Inter Rent Car Hire Murcia., Stay Away Warning - 13 posts
Buying a Car - 2 posts
No Community Statutes !!?? - 6 posts
Police station Cartagena - 5 posts
Mijas Costa Boardwalk - 8 posts
confused - 6 posts
Driving from uk to alicante - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x