Exact Change Kiosk at Malaga Airport: Avoid

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 May 2015 2:43 AM by Scottblue Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

I was at the Malaga Airport last week awaiting my flight to Madrid. An ATM machine had dispensed 50 and 100 euro notes, and much to my chagrin none of the stores I visited in the terminal were able to provide change. 

So I visited the Exact Change kiosk, and asked one of the clerks to change a 50 euro note into smaller denominations. He refused, saying he wouldn't unless I used his 'services'. No other customers were anywhere near, so it wasn't a question of scarce resources. He simply was too lazy to assist. The situation is akin to restaurants the refuse to provide a glass of water unless you purchase something on the menu.

As I left, I could hear the clerk laughing at me with his colleagues. 

Obviously not the end of the world, but astonishingly rude. Others have claimed on this forum that the Exact Change Kiosk ripped them off....based on my experience, that wouldn't be surprising. 

Avoid. 

This message was last edited by Scottblue on 30/05/2015.

Like 0      
30 May 2015 10:03 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Scott. 

What is the Exact Change Kiosk ? 

I mean what type of business is it ?

The situation is akin to restaurants that refuse to provide a glass of water unless you purchase something on the menu.

If If I were running a business I don't think I would be inclined to provide a free service for a non-customer.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 30/05/2015.

Like 0      
30 May 2015 10:18 AM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

The situation is akin to restaurants that refuse to provide a glass of water unless you purchase something on the menu.

If If I were running a business I don't think I would be inclined to provide a free service for a non-customer.

Surely that's the way to turn a non-customer into a customer, even if it doesn't, do a good deed, help someone out, it costs nothing. 

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you. [Matthew 7:12] 

Like 0      
30 May 2015 10:44 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

TeamGB, As you may know,  I have been a volunteer freely assisting people in Spain for over 15 years.  During that time I have also recruited many others to do the same,  however, if I were running a business at an airport, I do not think I would be losing many potential customers by refusing travellers free services.

I used to know a guy who had a bar opposite a supermarket.  He was inundated with shoppers from the supermarket, where there were no toilets, using his facilities.   Eventually he put a lock on the toilet door and an ‘out of order sign’.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 30/05/2015.

Like 0      
30 May 2015 4:01 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

go to a cafe buy a coffee or go to a shop and buy a packet of sweets then pay with a fifty and you will get change frown

Like 1      
02 Jun 2015 9:57 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

Some people just share the smallest of Woes on the Forum WHY WHY WHY 

Just wasted 1 minute reading this pointless thread

Love Hugh

Like 2      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Notice required for an EGM - 1 posts
Help - 2 posts
Clean up Fifa - 26 posts
end october- mid december rental sought - 2 posts
Pet insurance - 2 posts
Foriegn Holiday Complaints - Many From Spain - 0 posts
Norton's Phone & Broadband (aka Eurona & Broadband CB) - 1 posts
Anybody heading back to UK in a Van around June 13th - 0 posts
Hits Mobile new service for Expats or yearly Temporary Residents in Spain - 1 posts
Moving to Camposol - 31 posts
La Serena Golf Resort Murcia - 18 posts
Help - 2 posts
Diabetes prescriptions - 3 posts
Goodbye Android TV - Hello PC TV! - 20 posts
Mortgages Spain - 4 posts
Artistic Gymnastics Costa del Sol - 2 posts
HI all - 5 posts
Hi I'm lewis...LOOKING T - 1 posts
Starting a car rental business - 11 posts
Hey - 3 posts
Protective sealant for new swimming pool coping stones - 1 posts
Previous tenant requesting details - 5 posts
GnG - 0 posts
certificate of antiquity - 1 posts
Itv for car estepona - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x