UK TV Progrmmes

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Jun 2015 1:28 PM by jinxy Star rating. 68 posts Send private message

Can anyone recommend a reliable set top box (or whatever the correct name is) to get UK programmes?  Would like to be able to get subtitles and record programmes if poss. I live in the Duquesa area. Thanks in advance.

Like 0      
01 Jun 2015 3:07 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

If you have got the internet you can install a android TV box.

Like 1      
01 Jun 2015 4:52 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

If you have a satellite dish then Humax do a very reliable freesat receiver. You'd need a separate hard disk recorder if you want to record. Also Sky boxes to get the free to air channels. Try to avoid the Euro satellite boxes. They will get all the channels but the Electronic Programme Guides aren't very good, some just giving you what's on now and next. Any UK freesat box will do.

If no dish, then internet TV with an android box but very prone to buffering and stopping unless you have a good, reliable internet connection. 

Like 1      
02 Jun 2015 10:53 AM by haydngj Star rating in ALGORFA. 403 posts Send private message

haydngj´s avatar

Humax also do a box that you can record on too we had one sent over from the uk by a well known internet shopping company

Like 0      
04 Jun 2015 2:28 PM by jinxy Star rating. 68 posts Send private message

Hi, yes we have a Humax but it is the UK channels I want to watch. Zenmate was a good bet but they have withdrawn their services. Film On not suitable as they do not have subtitles and YouTube only do voice recognition which are hopeless. Thanks for replying.

Like 0      
04 Jun 2015 4:25 PM by haydngj Star rating in ALGORFA. 403 posts Send private message

haydngj´s avatar

We get all the uk channels on our humax recorder. The only reason I bought it was to record all those bloody soaps for her in doors to watch when ever she wants to. A god send for me I must say.

Like 0      
04 Jun 2015 9:50 PM by carl9 Star rating. 136 posts Send private message

Guys is it true that the new satellite is moving into final position in the next few weeks and we won't be able to get any UK TV in Spain even with our 1.85 metre dish? Presently we are still getting the UK stations

Regards,, Carl

This message was last edited by carl9 on 04/06/2015.

Like 0      
04 Jun 2015 10:52 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Not according to satandpcguy who posts sometimes. Simply the one up there is failing and 2G is going to replace it. Don't know if any change to the footprint.

You don't put where you are in Spain but if you're getting it now you should be OK.

Like 0      
04 Jun 2015 11:06 PM by carl9 Star rating. 136 posts Send private message

Thanks Marie, we're in Murcia near the capital.

regards, Carl

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Olvera properties or alficasa? - 1 posts
Debt question relating to the management company - 5 posts
Surplus Books - 1 posts
AGM or lack of it. - 5 posts
Exact Change Kiosk at Malaga Airport: Avoid - 5 posts
Notice required for an EGM - 1 posts
Help - 2 posts
Clean up Fifa - 26 posts
end october- mid december rental sought - 2 posts
Pet insurance - 2 posts
Foriegn Holiday Complaints - Many From Spain - 0 posts
Norton's Phone & Broadband (aka Eurona & Broadband CB) - 1 posts
Anybody heading back to UK in a Van around June 13th - 0 posts
Hits Mobile new service for Expats or yearly Temporary Residents in Spain - 1 posts
Moving to Camposol - 31 posts
La Serena Golf Resort Murcia - 18 posts
Help - 2 posts
Diabetes prescriptions - 3 posts
Goodbye Android TV - Hello PC TV! - 20 posts
Mortgages Spain - 4 posts
Artistic Gymnastics Costa del Sol - 2 posts
HI all - 5 posts
Hi I'm lewis...LOOKING T - 1 posts
Starting a car rental business - 11 posts
Hey - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x