Property Tax

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Jun 2015 2:02 PM by Sandra.61 Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi guys. Wonder if anyone out there can help. Both of my parents are living part time in Spain. They are  in their 70's. They have just found out that they have being paying property tax on a property that they no longer own for the past 5 years. Can anyone help me to help them as they are a little confused & dont know where or who to turn to. Thank you.

embed

Like 0      
04 Jun 2015 2:12 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Can anyone help me to help them as they are a little confused & dont know where or who to turn to. Thank you.

Solicitor.

Like 0      
04 Jun 2015 6:46 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

You need to be a little more specific if you expect any helpful answers here.

What do you mean by "property tax"? To whom have they been paying it? Presumably it's been getting paid by direct debit from their bank account, so perhaps the first point of help may be their bank, who should be able to explain to them what "tax" it is. If it's local rates, known as IBI, then they need to go to the town hall with proof that they sold the property (deed of sale) to get this tax switched to the new owners. And then cancel any direct debits!

If it's non-resident tax paid to the tax department (Hacienda) then I suggest they contact whoever handled the sale for them, or their legal representative in Spain, because someone must be submitting a 210 tax declaration on their behalf for that to happen.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Are you moving to Spain? - 0 posts
UK TV Progrmmes - 8 posts
Olvera properties or alficasa? - 1 posts
Debt question relating to the management company - 5 posts
Surplus Books - 1 posts
AGM or lack of it. - 5 posts
Exact Change Kiosk at Malaga Airport: Avoid - 5 posts
Notice required for an EGM - 1 posts
Help - 2 posts
Clean up Fifa - 26 posts
end october- mid december rental sought - 2 posts
Pet insurance - 2 posts
Foriegn Holiday Complaints - Many From Spain - 0 posts
Norton's Phone & Broadband (aka Eurona & Broadband CB) - 1 posts
Anybody heading back to UK in a Van around June 13th - 0 posts
Hits Mobile new service for Expats or yearly Temporary Residents in Spain - 1 posts
Moving to Camposol - 31 posts
La Serena Golf Resort Murcia - 18 posts
Help - 2 posts
Diabetes prescriptions - 3 posts
Goodbye Android TV - Hello PC TV! - 20 posts
Mortgages Spain - 4 posts
Artistic Gymnastics Costa del Sol - 2 posts
HI all - 5 posts
Hi I'm lewis...LOOKING T - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x