Artistic Gymnastics Costa del Sol

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 May 2015 11:16 AM by shaun2410 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hello All,

My name is Shaun Wallace, I have recently bought an apartment in Nerja and I am looking for potential investors, coaches and generally energetic sporty people who would like to get involved with starting an Artistic Gymnastics Club on the Costa del Sol.

I cannot see a high level men’s and women’s artistic gymnastics club on the cost. I am an ex British gymnast and still have good connections to the sport. I am looking for people with a similar passion for the sport for advice, help and potentially investment if I can find the right partner.

Here is my ambition – To start a grass roots club, recreational gymnastics that can grow to an elite club. I would also like the club to have a diverse base in the broader sport - rhythmic gymnastics, ballet, dance, amateur pole, circuits for adults, a small weights room, palates, gym fun birthday parties, gym tot crèche....  

The aim, no less is to build the Costa del Sols flag ship gymnastics club. Hold elite competition and international train camps.

Please can people comment on the need and potential success for such a club and also get in contact if you would like to be involved.

Kind regards,

Shaun

body p

Like 0      
25 May 2015 11:57 AM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

Hi Shaun

First of all welcome to EOS. I hope you find what you are looking for. Unfortunately being on the Costa del Sol I can't help you much. I am in Valencia and my daughter does Artisitic Gymnastics and Ballet and did Rythmic Gymnastics for five years, and all I can say is that the clubs are very busy, I would say Rythmic gymnastics and Ballet are the most popular. My daughter's Rythmic gymnastic club compete on a national level and were very successful in the recent National Championships. I don't know what students pay where you are but in Valencia the maxmium would be 35/euros a month and €50 for ballet. In Artistic gymnastics and Ballet that gets my daughter 2 hours a week, which is nothing and in Rythmic Gymnastics that got her 6-8 hours a week depending on competitions. As you say you are an ex-British gymnast I assume you mean National team, which may allow you to charge a premium.  The clubs are all working well but the profit margins are very tight. You would almost definitely need extra services/offerings, as you mentioned: train camps etc, to make a decent living, if you need to of course, I have no idea what your situation is.

Anyway the best of luck, if you have a large population of young children in the area you will have a possibility of building something. Good Luck!

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
31 Jan 2018 6:17 PM by Shaolin69 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi Shaun,

Just moved to Frigiliana a day ago - totally with you about building up a gymnastics program in th area... there seems to be nothing at all! Gymnast for the past 26 years, would still like to train myself, have coached all ages and levels but am mostly into adult gymnastics. Are you still in the area, have you given up on the gym thing? Hope to hear from you,

A.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

HI all - 5 posts
Hi I'm lewis...LOOKING T - 1 posts
Starting a car rental business - 11 posts
Hey - 3 posts
Protective sealant for new swimming pool coping stones - 1 posts
Previous tenant requesting details - 5 posts
GnG - 0 posts
certificate of antiquity - 1 posts
Itv for car estepona - 4 posts
Atlas Property Advertising Spanish Property For Sale On UK TV . - 1 posts
Paying SUMA on behalf of a UK resident - 2 posts
Non Resident Bank Accounts - 0 posts
metal juliet balcony - 3 posts
Routes from Almeria to Eastern France - 3 posts
UK CROWN PENSION TO BE DECLARED IN SPAIN THIS YEAR - 90 posts
Help! - 1 posts
Cashing in a pension. - 13 posts
Looking for people who can rent an apartment - 0 posts
Recommendations for a good Aircon instalment company Formentera/Rojales/Quesada area? - 3 posts
Using Small uk trailers in Spain - 0 posts
bathroom floor tiles - 1 posts
Lottery for president - 20 posts
Septic Tanks - 0 posts
planning permission ? - 15 posts
Avoiding high bank charges when moving large sums of money out of your bank. - 15 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x