Notice required for an EGM

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 May 2015 10:58 PM by technodec Star rating in Staffordshire &River.... 19 posts Send private message

Can some one please quantify the legal requirements for the time that has to be given to call an EGM.

I have been told by my administrationcompany that it is 15 days but this has not been the case in the past.

I am a newly elected President (English) and do not want to fall foul of Spanish H.P. Law.

Like 0      
29 May 2015 11:16 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Owners’ Assemblies (AGM’s and EGM’s)

At least once a year an AGM will be called to approve the budget and accounts. An EGM may additionally be called at anytime, needing 25% of the unit owners’ quotas.

The notification must be given with a minimum of 3 days’ notice. This creates practical problems to non-residents owning second homes in Spain. Therefore, communities with a high number of non-resident owners may include in their Bylaws more realistic notices of, say, 14 days and to be notified by e-mail in addition to placing it on the Community’s Notice Board. There’s freedom and flexibility to rule on this as each community deems fit in accordance to their own needs and circumstances. Logic should prevail.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Help - 2 posts
Clean up Fifa - 26 posts
end october- mid december rental sought - 2 posts
Pet insurance - 2 posts
Foriegn Holiday Complaints - Many From Spain - 0 posts
Norton's Phone & Broadband (aka Eurona & Broadband CB) - 1 posts
Anybody heading back to UK in a Van around June 13th - 0 posts
Hits Mobile new service for Expats or yearly Temporary Residents in Spain - 1 posts
Moving to Camposol - 31 posts
La Serena Golf Resort Murcia - 18 posts
Help - 2 posts
Diabetes prescriptions - 3 posts
Goodbye Android TV - Hello PC TV! - 20 posts
Mortgages Spain - 4 posts
Artistic Gymnastics Costa del Sol - 2 posts
HI all - 5 posts
Hi I'm lewis...LOOKING T - 1 posts
Starting a car rental business - 11 posts
Hey - 3 posts
Protective sealant for new swimming pool coping stones - 1 posts
Previous tenant requesting details - 5 posts
GnG - 0 posts
certificate of antiquity - 1 posts
Itv for car estepona - 4 posts
Atlas Property Advertising Spanish Property For Sale On UK TV . - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x