Mortgages Spain

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
25 May 2015 10:52 PM by andrewjeff Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi all,
I Stopped paying my morgtage back in 2007 as I had personal difficulties and to cut a very long story short I went back to my home country UK, thinking that it would be enough to settle morgtage accounts. Latley I have been reading different stories on papers and I have realised that this is not the case and I could still have something pending with the Spanish bank, its almost 9 years now and ive heard nothing from them, is my morgtage now clear ? is there anything I can do about it to find out if I still owe money to the bank ? 

Like 0      
26 May 2015 12:41 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

You can do a free credit check on line just answer a few questions and that's it, or you could try getting in touch with the bank or the new owners and ask them how much the property was sold  for   could well be that the bank is owning you money.

Like 1      
28 May 2015 9:59 AM by amogles Star rating in El Campello (holiday.... 174 posts Send private message

From what I'be heard, with all the takeovers and mergers that the banks have been going through, they haven't got around to evaluating their backlog of dormant dossiers, and if you're lucky they maybe never will. If you've changed addresses they may not even be able or willing to track you down. Banks can sometimes by more incomeptent than you would think. So maybe its better not to wake sleeping dogs and not to ask.

Normally you cannot just walk away from a mortgage. So just by selling the house and leaving the country you do not walk away from your responsibilities.

Like 0      
28 May 2015 11:55 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

There will be a satatute of limitations on this debt. How long depends if any proceedings have been started or not.

Like 0      
13 Jun 2015 6:13 PM by seafront Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

Contact grupo platinum estates fovr mortgage assistance and information. You can find them online at there looking up grupo platinum

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Artistic Gymnastics Costa del Sol - 2 posts
HI all - 5 posts
Hi I'm lewis...LOOKING T - 1 posts
Starting a car rental business - 11 posts
Hey - 3 posts
Protective sealant for new swimming pool coping stones - 1 posts
Previous tenant requesting details - 5 posts
GnG - 0 posts
certificate of antiquity - 1 posts
Itv for car estepona - 4 posts
Atlas Property Advertising Spanish Property For Sale On UK TV . - 1 posts
Paying SUMA on behalf of a UK resident - 2 posts
Non Resident Bank Accounts - 0 posts
metal juliet balcony - 3 posts
Routes from Almeria to Eastern France - 3 posts
UK CROWN PENSION TO BE DECLARED IN SPAIN THIS YEAR - 90 posts
Help! - 1 posts
Cashing in a pension. - 13 posts
Looking for people who can rent an apartment - 0 posts
Recommendations for a good Aircon instalment company Formentera/Rojales/Quesada area? - 3 posts
Using Small uk trailers in Spain - 0 posts
bathroom floor tiles - 1 posts
Lottery for president - 20 posts
Septic Tanks - 0 posts
planning permission ? - 15 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x