Problem Posting using an Android Tablet

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Apr 2015 2:15 PM by KJL Star rating. 56 posts Send private message

I have a Samsung tablet running Android 4.0.4 and a Galaxy Note 2 running Android 4.4.2 which I use when in Spain to avoid lugging a laptop over there.

However, although I can view Eye on Spain on my Android devices neither of them will allow me to reply to posts using them. Has anybody else had problems or are the administrators aware of the problem.

Like 0      
16 Apr 2015 5:43 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1934 posts Send private message

try logging in with you password and log in name with the tablet you intend taking with you.make sure you have turned on the cookies in your web browser

This message was last edited by windtalker on 16/04/2015.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2015 9:41 AM by KJL Star rating. 56 posts Send private message

Thanks for your help. I was logged in. I am not sure about the cookies setting. 

But I have just had a Eureka moment. On my tablet and phone I usually use the Opera Mini browser to reduce data usage. However after reading your reply I thought I would try looking at the site using Chrome and as you can see from this post the problem has been resolved. 

Thanks for inspiring me.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2015 11:05 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I use an iPad & find I sometimes experience problems doing certain tasks. I use Safari as my main browser, Chrome is my 2nd option if Safari doesn't seem to let me do/see something then, if all else fails I use Puffin browser

For example I blog on EOS for charities for rescued dogs in Spain including the one in my signature & I need to add embed codes for any Youtube videos the charity makes so they display on the blog. I've found I can only access the code from Puffin. 

I don't know if the above has any bearing on the question but it may help someone. 

This message was last edited by morerosado on 17/04/2015.

Like 0      
17 Apr 2015 6:50 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

Hi there!

To be able to reply to a post or publish a blog post you will need to make sure you have your web browser set to "DESKTOP MODE (vista escritorio) " otherwise the text editor will not appear.

Once the txt editor is visible you should be home sailing!

if you have any further problems just pm me

Ian

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
22 Apr 2015 12:08 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar

Hi there, we have managed to update the site over the past few days and clear up this problem. Now, even if you do not select desktop mode a simple text box will appear enabling you to write simple text. However if you want the fully loaded text editor you will need to move the "desktop mode" on your mobile device.

Thanks

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
22 Apr 2015 2:53 PM by KJL Star rating. 56 posts Send private message

Thanks very much for your help with this problem. I had got round it by using my chrome browser but just to show your update has worked I am posting this using the Opera Mini browser.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hi Everyone, - 3 posts
NEW TO ALICANTE CITY/MODEL AIRCRAFT - 1 posts
cost to clean and empty a septic tank in Murcia - 1 posts
amadeus IT = Bankia ??????? - 0 posts
Help for renting - 17 posts
Does anyone know of a translator near San Javier? - 0 posts
where is the nearest ITV Garage in Bilbao? - 1 posts
Re purchasing a car in Spain - 2 posts
Experiences from people who are renting their properties in GB to fund life in Spain please! - 29 posts
What happens if I do nothing? - 12 posts
Lawyer needed in Los Alcazares - 13 posts
Visitors - 3 posts
Do I have to pay the sales commission if I pull out of the sale? - 33 posts
help with moving - 0 posts
Alhambra del mar - 0 posts
Buying an apartment in Rafal, Alicante - 4 posts
MAG250 - 24 posts
Medication - 12 posts
Car hire at Alicante and Murcia - 17 posts
retired scottish couple with dog seek long term rental southern spain - 8 posts
accomadation - 0 posts
I have a question - 1 posts
Where to get tyres for a Ford Transit in Barcelona - 4 posts
Healthcare, How Would They Know? - 11 posts
Relocating to Spain - 18 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x