guarantees on electrical goods.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Nov 2014 6:25 AM by elraso Star rating. 39 posts Send private message

My friend bought a T.V.  from a large Supermarket in Torrevieja 14 months ago it clearly states on the box that it has a Two Year Guarantee. The TV stood on a narrow stand held by six screws ,these sheared off and as a result the TV  tippled over and smashed. The friend returned to the store with the original reciept ,and the paperwork,was told to ring a number in Madrid. The person in Madrid said that they would not replace  the TV.,with him reasoning  that if the screws  were going to shear off they would have gone in the first weeks of use( dont exactly know  how he came to that conclusion) the question i ask Forum  members is there a trading standards or someone that you can go to in Spain to get your buyers rights enforced ,or the best way to achieve this

Like 0      
29 Nov 2014 8:01 AM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi Elraso

I came across this website today. Maybe other Forum users have other suggestions for you.

http://www.janetanscombe.com/complaining-about-poor-service

Good Luck

This message was last edited by nigel188 on 29/11/2014.

Nigel

Like 0      
29 Nov 2014 8:36 AM by elraso Star rating. 39 posts Send private message

Thanks Nigel the link for the OMIC trading standards in Torrevieja is torrevieja.es/sal/ayuntamiento/consumo/OMIC   Cached

Like 0      
29 Nov 2014 9:39 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I have a certain amount of engineering background.   I find it implausible that 6 screws would shear off as describe.

However, that said,  every establishment in Spain by law must have Complaints Forms (Hojas de reclamación).  Ask for the forms, and no matter what they say complete them.   If after 10 days you have not had your problem rectified to your satisfaction, proceed with the system.  It is very simple for the consumer and a really big problem for the other party.

Like 0      
29 Nov 2014 11:09 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

I fail to see how sheared screws would be covered under a warranty for a TV, does the warranty clearly cover the stand and the screws? Who fit the screws and are the stand / screws actually covered by the warranty etc.

However if the screws were supplied with the TV for the stand then there may possibily be a case in causality- known legally as event and effect (i.e. consequence of the event). May be diffcult to prove

I can see how screws would shear if they were of a low quality and affected by moisture, salt, heat, cold or any other elements that may be in the atmosphere. or even any long term stress. All 6 screws at once would appear to be a rare event in the world of probabilities

** EDITED - inciting**

Many apologies but I fail to understand why this was edited by the modertaor for inciting - I did not name anyone or incite anyone specifically (implied yes!) or cause offence and all I was doing was pointing out that I have checked my spelling as someone sent me a PM regarding some spelling mistakes I made on a previous post suggesting I may be embarrased or get some offensive  comments.  Maybe thiswill be edited and I should have sent a PM to the modertaor but this is not the first time this has happened - is there some favourtism going on here?

This message was last edited by Tadd1966 on 29/11/2014.

This message was last edited by Tadd1966 on 29/11/2014.
This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 11/29/2014 11:23:00 AM.

Like 2      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

UK LEAVING THE EU - 73 posts
Black Friday - 7 posts
The Future in Spain? - 11 posts
What are the best state schools in Malaga? - 0 posts
Help with window sizes/room sizes @ Condado Alhama - 0 posts
searching for a town to start a Bed and Breakfast - 1 posts
Taking your lawyer to court - 1 posts
used cars - 14 posts
Mifi box to take to spain do they work .? - 0 posts
What do you guys do in Spain? - 28 posts
Rainbows over Andalucia - 0 posts
Weather in January and getting internet - 0 posts
over 50k property in partners non redisent name can it avoid new tax laws? - 10 posts
More no news about Corvera and Paramount - 52 posts
Lawyers - 0 posts
where to buy (Costa Maresme/Brava) - 2 posts
thinking of buying hotel room - 16 posts
What is the average pct for foreigners for new property - 4 posts
NIE Numbers not registered with tax office??? - 0 posts
Tryng To Find Marc Koehler - 0 posts
language - 3 posts
Menara Beach Complex - 2 posts
SIP card and free health care wewe - 4 posts
Pyrenees in the winter - 1 posts
Pay as you go internet in Spain - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x