The cost of Electricity in Spain is really very expensive.......

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Nov 2014 7:28 AM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

Hi Guy's, The cost of Electricity is Spain is really gone up about 100%. I will just give you a breakdown of my bill it was €106 for 2 Months, There is a pie chart on the right hand side of the bill at the bottom of the second page, and it shows all the costs here is the breakdown. The cost of the Electricity I used was €45.22 the other costs were No1, Electricity Production cost €28.08, No 2. Cost of Transmission and Distribution grid €17.14. No 3. Tax Premiums and other items €59.43. No 4 Applied Taxes €23.20. No 5 Incentives for Renewable Energies Cogeneration and Waste €19.37 No 6 Other Regulated Costs Including Deficit Annuity €16.86 TOTAL BILL €106...what a rip off, I was down in Pilar at the Office with IBERDROLA and the said they had no control over all these costs and taxes.......I wonder is every bill the same have a look and please respond .............

Like 0      
08 Nov 2014 8:18 AM by casperruby Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

Hi there,

Im confused if your bill is €106 and you add all the costs you have stated together its a heck of a lot more or am I missing something

Like 0      
08 Nov 2014 8:25 AM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

That's what the pie chart says anyway........

Like 0      
08 Nov 2014 8:50 AM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

I to have received a Bill for 2 Months. My potencia is 6.928 for 3 Phase electricity and live in an Apartment Block. My Bill was for E135.92  broken down as follows:

Cost of Production          36.83

Incentives for Renewable Energy      24.38

Nigel

Like 0      
08 Nov 2014 8:50 AM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

I too have received a Bill for 2 Months. My potencia is 6.928 for 3 Phase electricity and live in an Apartment Block. My Bill was for E135.92  broken down as follows:

Cost of Production                                            36.83

Incentives for Renewable Energy                         24.38

Cost of Transport and Dist Networks                    21.59

Other Regulated Costs(inc Annuity of the Deficit)  21.24

Taxes Applied                                                    28.91

Equipment,Measurement and Control                    2.97

Total                                                                135.92 

So I am paying E 96.12 in various Taxes to have the Priviledge of having Electricity in my home. We are certainly being ripped off by the Government.How do we get these Bills reduced to a more reasonable level. Any Ideas please

Thanks

Nigel

This message was last edited by nigel188 on 08/11/2014.

Nigel

Like 0      
08 Nov 2014 8:52 AM by casperruby Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

And then they make threats about taxing solar panels it seems like the spanish 

Government doesn't want us to reduce greenhouse gases I just dont understand why?

This message was last edited by casperruby on 08/11/2014.

Like 0      
08 Nov 2014 9:11 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Dies this help

Like 0      
08 Nov 2014 9:25 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

Is the question being asked really about not paying taxes on electricity? Why not petition the government to stop taxing petrol as well, you'd have as much chance. After all, 62% of that is tax in UK.

At least in Spain the bill is open and breaks it down for what you are paying. In UK the bill also includes taxes and charges but aren't spelled out on your bill. Have a look at this page and see what you are charged for in UK.

And €135 for two months is €67.50 a month or just over 50 quid a month. Mine works out about €100 a month or £78. Considering I have no other gas or oil bill or whatever, I am quite content with that and it compares quite favourably to what they now pay in UK.

You can reduce it, however. Go to your supplier and ask for the voluntary green tax to be removed. As the name suggests, this is voluntary and you don't have to pay it. The compulsory green tax will still remain, though. Also check on the day/night tariff. If you use most electricity in the mornings (like putting the washing machine on, doing the ironing, have storage heaters and so on) this can save quite a bit. The cost from midnight to midday is reduced (depending on time of year) but goes up for the other times.

Like 0      
08 Nov 2014 9:36 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Before 'my friend' whoops for joy, I did try to edit the typo from ‘dies’  to ‘does’  but when I tried to re-post I got a message saying the post was too big.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 08/11/2014.

Like 0      
08 Nov 2014 9:36 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

once again people on here having a go at the Spanish govt when most govts around the world do exactly the same

if you do not like Spanish rules, taxes then go somewhere else to live, take a holiday elsewhere, sell up etc etc etc 

if you want to whinge about cost of living do it on a global basis or comparsion basis and don't focus on complaining about the country YOU choose to live in or own a property in etc.

prices go up, taxes go up that's life

A lot of things are still cheaper here but it will change

Edited to add this link

http://www.ukpower.co.uk/home_energy/average-energy-bill

Yes most UK houses have gas and electric where in Spain most are just electric

This message was last edited by Tadd1966 on 08/11/2014.

Like 1      
08 Nov 2014 1:22 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Tadd 1966- it's such a glib thing to say " if you don't like it, sell up, go home " etc etc, 

The point is we ARE here.many are not able to just move, for several reasons

Apparently Spanish electricity has gone up 100% between 2006 and 2012

The standing charges according to potencia are very high

That's something worth complaining about.

Wherever you are in the world, if the laws, taxes etc are high, unfair or whatever people have every right to complain-they're paying taxes in Spain( well, some are!!)

Do you think a hard up Spaniard doesn't moan, just shrugs his shoulders puts on another jumper, while turning off the heater?

Like 2      
08 Nov 2014 1:38 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Campo,

I think Tadd was making the point that as citizens with no vote in national elections, we have no power to influence the government. Thus we either have to put up with it or leave.

The idea that we should complain in the ex-pats’ media is in reality pointless as it cannot influence those with the power to change anything.  Those people don't read the (English) ex-pat media.

Occasionally when people write letters to the freebie papers about local problems,  I suggest that instead of telling  ‘us who know’ they should complain to the town hall / police or whatever.  I did just that regarding dogs in a children’s park where the law prohibits them. The police now know about the problem and now patrol and enforce the restriction.

Like 1      
08 Nov 2014 1:57 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

camposol

Some fair points but you always have the option to move you may create some excsues, you may lose some or even a lot of money, you may have kids in school, etc etc etc but you can always choose to move

to some extent johnzx is right but even thsoe of who have a vote will have little impact the cots of fuel for energy is rising globally - FACT and it is not just a Spanish govt problem the increase and curent prices in Spain are comparable with the UK as an example and ther will be a lot more to follow

hard up citzens across the world are complaing not just the Spanish even if you do live in spain even if you are a citizen

as for taxes on energy maybe this is a good way of getting around all those who do not pay taxes and put some money in the coffers or pay off national debts - thats life

yes some may end up paying twice but how many use non tax paying services or buy hooky goods

yes some poeple in the private utility companies are making money but again the long term price of privatisation and lack of looking forward, investing and managing govt (or nationally owned) assets efficiently (govt, managers and unions)

at the edn of the day the overall cost of living in Spain in still  cheaper than the UK for now

Like 0      
08 Nov 2014 2:04 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

A little tip for anyone with an electrically heated swimming pool. When staying at a friends newly built villa the sound of the pool heater was sending both of us crackers, so much so that it was spoiling our holiday, I figured out how to by pass the timing clock and swich it off 24/7.

Being a nosey bugger I couldn't help myself from attempting to figure out what was wrong with the free standing heater unit, and the penny finally dropped. It was positioned in permanent shade close to the patio behind a wall, the unit is a heat exchanger with a mains electric top up and a huge cooling fan, it should have been positioned where it benefitted from the most sunlight, the bottom of the garden would have been perfect. When I told my friend of my findings he replied that every weeks stay with the pool heater in use cost him circa €100 in power charges, and this was circa 10 years ago, god only knows how much it would cost today. surprise 

This message was last edited by crookesey on 08/11/2014.

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
08 Nov 2014 2:11 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

A pool heater is something nobody needs, an unecessary expense!

Like 1      
08 Nov 2014 2:15 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

Neither is a Ferrari, but it's whatever floats your boat, unless it's made illegal. wink

Like 1      
08 Nov 2014 2:18 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

If you have something as  unnecessary and expensive to run as a pool heater, then it is one occasion where you can't complain about the price of electricity!

Like 2      
08 Nov 2014 2:22 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Against forum rules **,it was fixed in the wrong place, a heat exchanger uses mainly sunlight, how much does that cost in Spain?

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 11/8/2014 3:45:00 PM.

Like 0      
08 Nov 2014 2:28 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Isn't this post about the cost of electricity in Spain?

Like 0      
08 Nov 2014 2:30 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1234 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Against forum rules **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 11/8/2014 3:45:00 PM.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Liabilities of the developer /promotor - 2 posts
Remembrance Day, Mil Palmeras - 0 posts
Gardening help and tips - 4 posts
blocking ads on filmon - 4 posts
DOES ANYONE KNOWS WHERE THE COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT COMPANY GETS THE OWNERS NAMES - 16 posts
Dodgy financial schemes - 22 posts
How can I delete my account? - 7 posts
Social club in the Alicante area at El Campello - 0 posts
Hire car annual insurance? - 4 posts
About to buy a holiday home near Elvira/cabopino - looking for someone to do a house survey? - 4 posts
Landed in Rojales... - 0 posts
Vangie - 2 posts
Help please - 2 posts
WARNING terrible drivers ahead... think about insurance cover ? - 27 posts
exchanging driving licences - 2 posts
Inconsiderate neighbours. - 21 posts
Benidorm Palace - Alternative?? - 1 posts
A Big Hike in Flight Costs? - 4 posts
ATM charges - 3 posts
Help needed - 0 posts
Unsolicited private messages - 3 posts
Moving to Spain...marbella, estepona or benalmadena? - 20 posts
210 form - NIE not recognised - 1 posts
How to find someones address in Spain? - 0 posts
Urbanizacions in the Denia area - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 28

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x