About to buy a holiday home near Elvira/cabopino - looking for someone to do a house survey?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
03 Nov 2014 12:54 PM by Jhickey Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi. I am new to this forum but finding it most helpful. We are just about to purchase a holiday home in the Elvira/Cabopino area and are currently knee high in the complexities of purchasing in Spain!! We are looking for a qualified surveyor to conduct a survey of the home before we sign contracts. Does anyone know of anybody that could help us as we are new to the area. Thanking you in advance. 

Like 0      
03 Nov 2014 1:34 PM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

I know that this sounds strange, but pop into the mini market in Dona Lola, Calahonda and have a word with Taggy (I think that his first name is Andy), he's lived in the area for years and is as bright as a button, if he doesn't know someone I'd be very surprised.

Good luck yes

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 0      
03 Nov 2014 9:38 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

You seem to be going about this purchase in the wrong way you should always survey the property for faults debts etc before involving the full costs of solicitors banks and notarys 

Has your solicitor not advised you to do this I guess you are a cash buyer you need to be careful or else someone may be running of with your hard earned cash

Hope this helps 

As for Crooksey go in a supermarket speak to a complete stranger who he does not know his name or position and ask his advice beggars belief

A confirmed numpty head 

Hope this helps

Love Hugh heart

Like 2      
03 Nov 2014 10:29 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

I know that this sounds strange, but pop into the mini market in Dona Lola, Calahonda and have a word with Taggy (I think that his first name is Andy), he's lived in the area for years and is as bright as a button, if he doesn't know someone I'd be very surprised.

Crooksey isn't telling the poster to ask advice of a complete stranger, just to speak to someone who it seems  knows many local people, such as a surveyor perhaps, or perhaps Taggy knows others who do know...Totally different to seeking or asking advice to a problem from a complete stranger.

Sometimes....It's not what you know....But who you know. 

Like 1      
04 Nov 2014 8:33 AM by Hephaestus Star rating in The Peak District Na.... 1230 posts Send private message

My apologies, I could have sworn that I said that if 'Taggy doesn't know somwone I would be very surprised', silly me. surprise

I'm Spartacus, well why not?

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Landed in Rojales... - 0 posts
Vangie - 2 posts
Help please - 2 posts
WARNING terrible drivers ahead... think about insurance cover ? - 27 posts
exchanging driving licences - 2 posts
Inconsiderate neighbours. - 21 posts
Benidorm Palace - Alternative?? - 1 posts
A Big Hike in Flight Costs? - 4 posts
ATM charges - 3 posts
Help needed - 0 posts
Unsolicited private messages - 3 posts
Moving to Spain...marbella, estepona or benalmadena? - 20 posts
210 form - NIE not recognised - 1 posts
How to find someones address in Spain? - 0 posts
Urbanizacions in the Denia area - 0 posts
United Golf, La Tercia - 7 posts
Spanish authorities arrest 51 top officials in anti corruption drive. - 3 posts
No electricity for 8 weeks. - 21 posts
how to activate a new mobile home sim card - 1 posts
Internet Provider - 0 posts
Posts - 0 posts
Car Tax - 20 posts
atlas choice - 0 posts
Rastro at Paloma Park, Benalmadena (Arroyo de la Miel) - 0 posts
Anybody live in Southampton with a drive way to rent - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x