DOES ANYONE KNOWS WHERE THE COMMUNITY MANAGEMENT COMPANY GETS THE OWNERS NAMES

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Nov 2014 8:37 PM by ukhcc1 Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

Hi Everyone,

does anyone knows hoe the community management companies gets the names of the owners, is it from the land registry, developpers , what paperworks do they require to set an owner file?

please let us know.

Like 1      
06 Nov 2014 3:36 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Interesting question. In my 40 years of property ownership in Spain that point has never occurred to me.

Like 0      
06 Nov 2014 4:01 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

If you mean the community administrators well they would have to know owner details to be able to collect charges, call meetings etc. They would receive their information from the owners themselves or maybe from a lawyer completing a purchase or even through the president. When properties in a community change hands it is normal for the administrators to be aware so the can apportion the community fees paid or not paid between the seller and the buyer on the completion date.

Like 1      
06 Nov 2014 4:47 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

Why are you asking this question 

Like 2      
07 Nov 2014 7:44 AM by lobin Star rating. 256 posts Send private message

The Administrators will get the names and contact details of the owners from either the owners themselves (or their represetatives)  and/or the sellers.  They need this information to send out the common charges as well as  notices for meetings and other communications.  Both buyer and seller have a direct interest in the Administrators having the correct information.  The sellers so they stop charging them community expenses and the buyers to make sure they get the desired information on community affairs.

Like 0      
07 Nov 2014 3:16 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I am not sure the OP's question has been answered.  I am pretty certain I can remember on a couple of occasions when both I and my son have bought that we have not supplied our names and as there were no agents nor solicitors involved I am now curious to know the definitive answer too .

Like 0      
07 Nov 2014 4:27 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Inciting **

This message was last edited by eos_moderators on 11/7/2014 5:22:00 PM.

Like 1      
07 Nov 2014 5:16 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar
Sorry, just seemed appropriate! smiley

U-boat Captain: Your name vill also go on the list! What is it?
Mainwaring: Don't tell him Pike!
U-boat Captain: Ahh Pike!

Like 0      
07 Nov 2014 5:37 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Excuse me for being naive but doesn't the town hall hold a list of all administrators of communities? I know ours gets regular updates from the town halls on various things. When you buy a property, the town hall will be advised of the new owners and will tell the administrators. How else could an administrator know where to send things like AGM minutes? How could you pay community fees to the administrator if they don't know who you are?

If I'm wrong and the town halls and administrators don't talk to each other, surely you are the one who has to tell them else how do you pay your community fees? And if you don't tell them, I'm pretty sure the administrator could get the information from either gestors, land registry or others involved. If you don't have community fees (because you live in a stone farmhouse somewhere in the middle of a field) then it won't apply to you.

Like 0      
07 Nov 2014 5:47 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Thanks Mariedave,    you are probably right.  Although I was  President of a community for a few years, but had never been registered, so we did things 'our way'.

Like 0      
07 Nov 2014 5:55 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

When you buy a property, the town hall will be advised of the new owners and will tell the administrators

Not sure which way round it happens mariedav, I think the administrators tell the town hall so they can issue IBI and basura bills. As a former president of our community, I know that our administrators have used the land registry in the past when for whatever reason the information has not been forthcoming.

As far as I'm aware, when buying a property, the Notary will only inform the land registry

Like 0      
07 Nov 2014 6:55 PM by ukhcc1 Star rating. 48 posts Send private message

Hi Everyone that has TRIED to answer, but it seems to me that no one knows exactly how and who does what?

at the moment, it is a speculation that Notary, town hall, sellers , buyers, land registry etc...but nothing precise.

it would be nice to hear from someone that deals directly with the community adminstrators such a community president who can find out how the process is done or an administrator himself/herself.

for example, if a community of 24 properties that do not know each other and are from 10 different countries would like to  approach an administartor to manage thier community, how would they be able to contact  the 24 owners? hence the question?

your knowledge is appreciated

Like 0      
07 Nov 2014 11:49 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

for example, if a community of 24 properties that do not know each other and are from 10 different countries would like to  approach an administartor to manage thier community, how would they be able to contact  the 24 owners? hence the question?

Ahh, ok. So can only assume you want to get rid of your existing president and administrators? because assuming it's a established community the information you want is already held on record.

In this case the only way you will obtain owner details is via the land registry but this still wont give you contact details ie domicile address's (for non residents)  e-mail address's or phone numbers.

Like 0      
08 Nov 2014 7:24 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I had a friend who lived in a community which was controlled by the property company which had built it.  When they sold they had taken proxy voting rights from as many owners as they could and then installed family members as Administrator, president, and staff in the community at high wages.  When my friend wanted to contact the owners to get the existing ‘crew’ thrown out she was only able to get the owners’ list from a disgruntled member of staff whom she paid to ‘steal’ the info.

Uk  Hi Everyone that has TRIED to answer, but it seems to me that no one knows exactly how and who does what?

Slrry but you asked the wrong question, that was why you did not get the answer you were seeking

Like 0      
08 Nov 2014 8:22 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Who's kidding who here, you buy a house or two in Spain, or apartment or two,  perhaps even rent one, it possibly has a pool, lighting, maintenance etc etc, you have electricity, water, council tax plus all the other services that go with buying, you went though a notary, bought perhaps a car registered to your house address, opened up bank accounts to pay standing orders, everything,  no matter how bad the internet and world wide web services are for a foreign country...And you think your name is not known....Gimme a break please....But of course James Bond might just get away with it.

Like 0      
08 Nov 2014 8:23 AM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Sorry post doubled up so deleated second one.

This message was last edited by baz1946 on 08/11/2014.

Like 0      
16 Nov 2014 6:15 AM by growler Star rating in Birmingham & Benejúz.... 164 posts Send private message

I'm not sure whether or not this helps but the only way to be certain of getting up to date and 100% accurate ownership information is (fairly obviously) from the land registry. The 'Nota Simple' confirms the full address and owners name(s) along with brief details of any mortgages, attachments or easements.

In terms of finding out this information for yourself, the down-side is that although it only costs 9.02€ + IVA (per single record), you have to pre-register online and provide ALL your own personal details linked to your bank account - after which time you can search to your hearts content knowing that someone somewhere is able to dip into your funds easy peasy!

There is at least one alternative, to the 'official' government land registry site but it's a third-party so will be doing the above, on your behalf and charging you 45€ per record for the privilige!

A few random (and non-commercial links) that may be of interest..

http://www.registrodelapropiedad.org/en/nota_simple.jsp
Land Registry explanation of simple note (in english)

https://www.registradores.org/registroVirtual/altaAbonado.do?dispatch=init&destinoVolver=init.do
Land Registry online-registration page (in english) - shows you what info you'll need to provide

https://buyingahouse.registradores.org/static/sample.pdf
Sample pdf - shows you what a typical doc looks like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbeeztiTb0w
Someone explaining the process (over-dubbed in english)

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Dodgy financial schemes - 22 posts
How can I delete my account? - 7 posts
Social club in the Alicante area at El Campello - 0 posts
Hire car annual insurance? - 4 posts
About to buy a holiday home near Elvira/cabopino - looking for someone to do a house survey? - 4 posts
Landed in Rojales... - 0 posts
Vangie - 2 posts
Help please - 2 posts
WARNING terrible drivers ahead... think about insurance cover ? - 27 posts
exchanging driving licences - 2 posts
Inconsiderate neighbours. - 21 posts
Benidorm Palace - Alternative?? - 1 posts
A Big Hike in Flight Costs? - 4 posts
ATM charges - 3 posts
Help needed - 0 posts
Unsolicited private messages - 3 posts
Moving to Spain...marbella, estepona or benalmadena? - 20 posts
210 form - NIE not recognised - 1 posts
How to find someones address in Spain? - 0 posts
Urbanizacions in the Denia area - 0 posts
United Golf, La Tercia - 7 posts
Spanish authorities arrest 51 top officials in anti corruption drive. - 3 posts
No electricity for 8 weeks. - 21 posts
how to activate a new mobile home sim card - 1 posts
Internet Provider - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 17

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x