Polytunnels

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Sep 2014 6:49 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

In the interests of calming this thread, can I suggest you both might be right?

The E15 is denoted on BOTH the A7 and the AP7 as per google map below. The satellite picture is fairly upto date.

Yes there are "some" polytunnels near Aguilas, but certainly not clouds of them all the way to St Javier.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@37.4161184,-1.8061321,20649m/data=!3m1!1e3

I do being remember on the coast of Andalucia before getting to Cabo De Gato that the tunnels went down to the beach.

They are becoming more popular all over Spain, but I would not say Murcia has a particular problem with them.

Zoom in on the satellite picture and you will see the border and some "polys", as I said.

Saludos

Juan

Like 0      
15 Sep 2014 7:15 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Thank you Juan.  Never been anything but calm during this thread but nice to have it confirmed I am not insane after all...lol.

There was never a dispute, on my part , that Murcia doesn't have many  small poly tunnel farms spread about just that they were not the ones stretching for miles and miles like those located  in Andalucia and easily seen from the dual-carriageway even by someone almost blind.

Cheers

Like 0      
15 Sep 2014 9:46 PM by johnmcmahon Star rating. 335 posts Send private message

there are huge fields with polytunnels around St. Javier and San Pedro in Murcia. Some times they're removed when the seedlings are established.

acres and acres of them

Like 0      
16 Sep 2014 6:46 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

We've just been on a coach trip through Murcia so seated quite high up. Due to this thread I was looking for them. There are, indeed, acres and acres of them as soon as you go passed the sign Comunidad de Murcia just beyond the tunnel and the turn for San Javier. They continued right the way up San Cayetano and Balsicas, both sides of the road. They then petered out when we got on the A30 to Murcia but the land became extremely barren and brown especially round Corvera.. Nice green forests through the mountains heading into Murcia.

Other side of Murcia was grape vines and nectarines but no polytunnels. 

Funnily enough, our guide mentioned the polytunnels around Balsicas were owned by a British company which supplied Tesco and there were quite a few signs on the buildings in English calling it "The Garden of Murcia".

Like 0      
16 Sep 2014 6:55 PM by juansheetisplenty Star rating in Cartagena. 283 posts Send private message

juansheetisplenty´s avatar

Hope you took a Go Pro with you to prove to our colleagues on this forum...LOL! Hope you enjoyed the trip too.

Cheers

Juan

Like 0      
16 Sep 2014 7:24 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Considering we were visiting a bodega in Jumilla to watch the wine being made and copious amounts of free samples you may rest assured that we did, indeed, enjoy our trip.

Hic!

Like 0      
16 Sep 2014 7:28 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Mentioned tunnels in  Aguilas area and by San Javier, but admitted didn't know the latter area well so didn't know how extensive they were there.

However our discussion was about the Andalucian side of Murcia so any chance of anyone doing a coach trip on the next 10 years or so, blush, from Murcia City via E15 to Murcia/ Almeria, Andalucia border at Goñar. 

Like 0      
16 Sep 2014 7:35 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

If there are any wine bodegas in that area I will certainly volunteer to have a go. Purely in the interests of research, you understand.

Like 0      
16 Sep 2014 7:53 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Naturally. Unfortunately not even the locals grow grapes around here.

Like 0      
17 Sep 2014 8:22 AM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

Wow - been away a couple of days and the discussion has developed.  Thank you to those who have confirmed the acres and acres of tunnels.   And the signs on the roads.   The google map I could not get much out of, and anyway, a lot of the tunnels are pretty much covered in red dust, and might not even be visible from the air, though clearly visible from the road.    My observation was that the tunnels begin so abruptly once into Murcia, and are so extensive, I think they are being subsidised - I thought someone might be able to shed light, just out of interest.   What is evident, is that they have increased significantly in recent years (if it was years ago that Floella went up and down).   But that is three of us see acres and acres - just over the border into Murcia.   Dementia not setting in yet then.   

Like 0      
17 Sep 2014 9:06 AM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

Hmmm. Hardly.  

Thought this thread was about the Andalucian / Murcia border which you dispute despite map evidence and the posting Juan made about Cabo de Gato, Andalucia.       Mariedav was posting about what she saw on Murcia/Valencia border...some 100 +miles further north . An area I admitted I didn't know well. But I do know South Murcia well because I dont just pass  through  occasionally......I live there.

A constant change of goalposts to suit your frame of mind it seems.

Like 0      
17 Sep 2014 9:29 AM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

Well that is interesting.   A thread headed polytunnels is about a border!!  Nice interpretation. I believe mariedav were on a trip up and through Murcia, passing the sign at the side of the road which is the boundary marker between Andalucia and Murcia.    No change of goal posts - the title is polytunnels - the boundary exists.

But hey - if that is your way of getting through the day.

Like 0      
17 Sep 2014 9:30 AM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

I should have said - no change of goalposts OR THE SIGNS ON THE ROADS!!  (that is a joke - but true nevertheless)

Like 0      
17 Sep 2014 9:35 AM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

cheeky Oh , Roly, I can't stop laughing. Thanks for brightening my day. Over and out.

Like 0      
17 Sep 2014 9:39 AM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

Me too - that really is enough on polytunnels.  Unless anyone else can tell me whether they are being subsidised -just for interest?

Like 0      
17 Sep 2014 9:55 AM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 803 posts Send private message

You let me down.Roly,   you didn't mention boundaries......lol enjoy your day...

Like 0      
17 Sep 2014 10:23 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

@Roly

I believe mariedav were on a trip up and through Murcia, passing the sign at the side of the road which is the boundary marker between Andalucia and Murcia.

Nope, the boundary marker between Valencia and Murcia. I did say by San Javier.

Like 0      
17 Sep 2014 1:54 PM by acer Star rating. 1528 posts Send private message

Roly2,

You say "What is evident, is that they have increased significantly in recent years (if it was years ago that Floella went up and down).   But that is three of us see acres and acres - just over the border into Murcia.   Dementia not setting in yet then".  

I hope you're right re the self diagnosis, but not quite so sure about plastiphobia wink

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Victims of Rebecca Prior/Wells - 0 posts
Remove My Profile From This Site Please - 0 posts
spanish Mortgage Life Insurance Confusion Costs del Sol - 12 posts
SPECIAL OFFER ON PRICE UNTIL 01/01/2020 - 0 posts
Has anybody use these guys for breakdown cover. - 3 posts
Buying or putting a property into a UK ltd company - 5 posts
Denia - What can you tell me? - 1 posts
Best Software Photo Slideshow - 1 posts
FERAL CATS in Mazarron Area...a problem - 0 posts
Landlord wants to sell - 24 posts
Trying to rent a garage/storage space in San Javier region - 2 posts
New Flag after 18th Sept - 27 posts
Supreme Court and Bank liabilities 57/68 - 4 posts
Hidralia - Water bill question - 2 posts
Pension application - 0 posts
Even the weak Euro is strong. - 5 posts
APARTMENT WANTED FOR JAN 2015 - 0 posts
Setting up Electricity and Water Bill Payments Online - 4 posts
THERE'S A RAT ON MY TERRACE! - 18 posts
Illegal Buildings - Valencia - 16 posts
EMZ car hire booked via BCO - 0 posts
Missing Pipes - 3 posts
Trafico - 1 posts
Changing Bank Account for Community - 1 posts
Gas BBQ wanted - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 38

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x