Water connection

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Aug 2014 5:06 PM by Piggypat Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi All

We are shortly to move to Caudete to a house in the campo right in the middle of agricultural fields.  The house does not have water connected and our lawyer tells us that it will cost us Euros 9000.00 for the size of the property 15200m2.

We are confused as she could not tell us what this payment covers or if we have to build a reservoir or not.

Can anyone give us advice as to how this water supply usually works please??

Many thanks

Like 0      
27 Aug 2014 5:42 PM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

, Although I know very little about the subject, I know farmers in my area (Caceres) pay a premium (which might be the €9 000 your lawyer is talking about) in order to be allowed to draw water from nearby irrigation points - the water coming from canals/dams/rivers. Having "joined the scheme" you then get an allocation of water - which you have to keep paying for.

€9 000 would go a long way towards drilling a borehole which, with a solar submersible pump, would give you unlimited water in the future at no cost. The downside is that they would drill a dry hole, but a local sondeo company would be able to tell you what your chances are.

Like 1      
27 Aug 2014 6:18 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

I cannot believe some peoples naivety you buy a piece of scrubland in the middle of nowhere with no water and then have to pay 9000 euros for god knows what you must be of your rockers 

Love Hugh

I know its probably for the fairies that own the clouds

Like 1      
27 Aug 2014 6:47 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

I live in an agricultural area and, although fortunate enough to have mains water, for our garden we had to have irrigation water . This entailed installing a 5,000 litre depositer and pump and then join the local syndicate for irrigation water. For the 3 metre connection to our meter it cost us 3,000 euros. Total cost being about 7,000€

Could always have water delivered by tank but have to agree with previous poster anyone buying a property in Spain without some form of water supply is naive to say the least.

Like 1      
27 Aug 2014 7:05 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

You would not do it in the UK why are you doing it in Spain.

Like 1      
28 Aug 2014 2:43 AM by GuyT Star rating. 511 posts Send private message

If it's "in the middle of agricultural fields" there will be water nearby. Whether it's potable or not is a different matter. If floella's connection for his garden use cost €3 000, then I can understand a connection for 1,5 ha smallholding costing €9 000. But defiitely a borehole is first prize and will increase the value of your property. Looking at Caudete on google maps there are acequias all over the place. But people are right to say you must sort out water before buying, else you are a hostage to fortune.

Like 1      
28 Aug 2014 2:38 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

I hope the amount the lawyer has mentioned is correct because I've has properly investigated it.

Our connection charges for electricity, main and irrigation water were the product of someone's imagination and ended up costing 10x more even though pylons and water connections were only a couple of meters from boundary.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Car insurance - 1 posts
WANTED PELLET/FIRE BURNER - 0 posts
Weather in murcia end of September - 9 posts
Spanish Inheritance Tax - 32 posts
Advice needed ref roquetas de mar - 0 posts
tv with english channels - 13 posts
Anyone want a vehicle taking to UK in September? Free! - 0 posts
banco sabadel. - 26 posts
Helping with cost of living idea - 2 posts
needed second hand 1.9 metre satellite dish - 0 posts
tom8922 - 0 posts
Internal rules of a community - 4 posts
Court Fees - 21 posts
Axiom Victim Help - 0 posts
La Renta tax rate? - 7 posts
Wanted - ladies and mens golf clubs - 0 posts
Buying in Spain - 5 posts
UK Car or Spanish Car?? Would love some advice please. - 15 posts
condado de alhama - 3 posts
Sun blinds - 4 posts
Over 2 millions visits to El Blog de Maria - 0 posts
Is their a Royal Thai Embassy in Malaga? - 6 posts
Bowling - 2 posts
Marbella IBI and Basura 2014 - 0 posts
President by ballot - 13 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x