Spanish Inheritance Tax

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Sep 2014 12:28 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Someone made the point that non residents paid more IHT because  residents paid income tax Spain, (well, some of us do) and therefore deserved concessions

Any advantages that people had by becoming resident have disappeared.

This message was last edited by camposol on 07/09/2014.

Like 0      
07 Sep 2014 12:54 PM by norm de plume Star rating in North Tenerife and L.... 162 posts Send private message

Non residents pay income tax despite receiving no income!

Like 1      
07 Sep 2014 1:08 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

Yes, I appreciate non residents pay  rental or imputed income tax on their property( or they're supposed to) but residents pay far more in income tax ,pensions etc( or they're supposed to)

I'm all for rectifying injustices, and think it's great that the EU have listened, but I hope they sort out the regional IHT allowances, and IHT generally.

the result of your ruling could be that the regional allowances might be abolished, a decent state allowance set for all.The IBI  may be raised to realistic levels, no more charging mansions in the campo a silly amount, while a town house on a small plot pays 10 times as much.

that would be fairer 

Like 2      
07 Sep 2014 1:33 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

At least something has been done and we may see improvements thanks for the EU courts

The only way to get a complete fair system for everyone is we need to head for a fully integrated and united EU. Where every single EU citizen has the same rights, same liabilities and the best support when needed - remember we need to think about the majority and wht they want / need, not the minority which are in general made up of greed, corruption, selfishness and media based hype on nationlistic pride.

IHT is something I would wish to be totally abolished for spouses and the children of the deceased. Where there is no spouse or children then any others who benefit from an inheritance (friends, distant relatives, charities etc) should be taxed

Like 1      
07 Sep 2014 2:31 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

agreed-unfortunately the Spanish tax man is on a nice little earner here!

Like 0      
07 Sep 2014 2:52 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Like 0      
07 Sep 2014 6:29 PM by Kathyslad Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

Err, that was last year. 

Like 0      
08 Sep 2014 8:45 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Bernipops: 

- What was your father nationality and residency?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
08 Sep 2014 9:46 AM by Poedoe Star rating in Berkshire, England. 83 posts Send private message

My father's father were Scotish & his mother English

Like 0      
08 Sep 2014 1:08 PM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Err, that was last year. 

Oops! Apologiesblush

Like 0      
09 Sep 2014 9:39 AM by bernipops Star rating. 19 posts Send private message

For Maria: In response to your question - my husband and I are both spanish tax residents and my mother in law is British and died in the UK.  We were both named in her UK will and both paid tax on the inheritance in Spain.

Can we apply to get the tax back?

Thanks

Like 0      
09 Sep 2014 9:41 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Bernipops:

Yes, if you paid according to National  IHT rate instead of regional one.

Cheers

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Advice needed ref roquetas de mar - 0 posts
tv with english channels - 13 posts
Anyone want a vehicle taking to UK in September? Free! - 0 posts
banco sabadel. - 26 posts
Helping with cost of living idea - 2 posts
needed second hand 1.9 metre satellite dish - 0 posts
tom8922 - 0 posts
Internal rules of a community - 4 posts
Court Fees - 21 posts
Axiom Victim Help - 0 posts
La Renta tax rate? - 7 posts
Wanted - ladies and mens golf clubs - 0 posts
Buying in Spain - 5 posts
UK Car or Spanish Car?? Would love some advice please. - 15 posts
condado de alhama - 3 posts
Sun blinds - 4 posts
Over 2 millions visits to El Blog de Maria - 0 posts
Is their a Royal Thai Embassy in Malaga? - 6 posts
Bowling - 2 posts
Marbella IBI and Basura 2014 - 0 posts
President by ballot - 13 posts
Goods in Transit Insurance - 2 posts
WiFi internet Guardamar Community Costa Blanca - 0 posts
CABLE TV BENALMADENA - 0 posts
service??? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 33

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x