Recommended Holiday Villas on Costa Del Sol?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 Jul 2014 11:05 PM by theline Star rating. 84 posts Send private message

Hi,

My family are planning a family holiday next year in the south of Spain (for convienience, probably somewhere on the Costa del Sol). However, there's a lot of them coming (around 13-14 adults and 7-8 kids), and it appears that the options for places suitable to accomodate everyone are limited (and very expensive).

Can anyone here recommend me any places/companies that they have had good personal experiences with?

Thanks

Like 0      
23 Jul 2014 9:10 AM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

You seem surprised that accommodation to fit up to 22 people is "limited". or, indeed, expensive.

However, our neighbour's were in a similar situation a couple of years ago. They had to end up renting several houses in the same area. I think there were about 20 of them and they had 4 houses rented between them. It will also depend on what time of year you are coming. 3 bed houses can go for as little as 350 a month in Winter but 350 a week and more in the Summer.

Like 0      
06 Aug 2014 1:21 PM by theline Star rating. 84 posts Send private message

No, I'm not surprised that there's not a huge amount of places available (although I did expect there to be a few more options available than I've found).

I've found somewhere through ownersdirect which looks like it fits the bill, but I'm a bit concerned about putting down a 50% deposit (close to 3,000 euros) with an estate agency in Spain. I'd much prefer to use a reputable escrow service to act as a middleman for the transaction. Does anyone here know of any companies who offer this service for holiday rentals?

Like 0      
06 Aug 2014 1:37 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

You are better dealing with an owner direct and a 25% deposit down is the norm balance 4 weeks prior to arrival hope you have deep pockets you are going into millionaire country sorry billionaire country.

6000 euros a week it must be a very modest for that sort of money for 20 are you sure thats not per night send me the link i will tell you if its suitable.

Love Hugh

This message was last edited by hughjardon on 07/08/2014.

Like 1      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hello all - 0 posts
Zurich insurance - 6 posts
Wrought Iron gate wanted to keep dogs in! - 2 posts
police pension tax. - 12 posts
SPANISH CAR FOR SALE - 0 posts
Moving to Spain - 13 posts
Unpaid community fees at AGM - 13 posts
Going through the courts to get deposit back from developer - 4 posts
Bottle Fridge - 0 posts
Confused.com devious, or just plain ignorant? - 24 posts
Ship a car to Murcia - 16 posts
information - 9 posts
Claiming against Banks - 9 posts
Fancy buying a bar anyone ? - 5 posts
Taking Cat inside plane, to UK from Spain - 6 posts
Estate recommendation Playa Flamenca /Torreviejca area - 1 posts
L D Lines - 0 posts
Sky planner - 7 posts
Divorce and Spanish property - 12 posts
Return to Sender - 5 posts
The "shell suit" trash tourists have started to arrive!!!!!!!!! - 29 posts
Decision Made - Planning to Move to Spain - 15 posts
Yamaha 75 HP 4-Stroke Outboard Motor Engine - 0 posts
Excursions Business Query - 2 posts
Fire risk - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x