Excursions Business Query

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Jul 2014 12:14 by GeorgieB Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I'm considering setting up an excursions business in the Canaries taking people out of the main resorts to different parts and have a few queries that I hope somebody can help with. There are plenty of these businesses in operation but most are run by the larger coach companies and when I've been on them they feel a bit too controlled for my liking. I'd be using a 7 seater vehicle.

For the moment my main query is what licences would I need to operate, I know that the taxis need the SP licences but because I wouldn't be in direct competition with them what's needed for an excursions company (run as an autonomo). I've seen plenty of bike hire excursions and surfing excursions whereby clients are picked up and transported to other parts of the island and they don't have the SP licences on their minibuses so wondered what the criteria is?

I really hope that somebody can shed a bit of light on this for me and I'll be back with other queries along the way.




This message was last edited by GeorgieB on 12/07/2014.

Like 0      
13 Jul 2014 10:47 by windtalker Star rating. 1708 posts Send private message

If the business your are trying to set up involves getting a taxi licence then you can forget it taxi licences often change hands for 200,00 EU on the black market just ask around and you will soon get the big picture Spain has been ordered by the EU to deregulate the taxi service and allow more competition the Mafia that run the taxi businesses in  Spain have not done so yet.

Like 0      
15 Jul 2014 17:26 by GeorgieB Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

No, like I put in my original post I wouldn't be setting up or trying to set up as a taxi business. My query was what licences would I need to set up a small excursions business which would involve half / full day trips with stops along the way for photos, refreshments etc.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Fire risk - 0 posts
Using your EHIC in Spain - 0 posts
Website Maintenance - 3 posts
RAE 300 yrs and counting - 0 posts
moving to spain - 1 posts
Spanish customs? - 9 posts
Replacement for EHIC in Spain - 1 posts
Spain's latest scandal … Discovered by Gotham - 0 posts
Letting Agents Fined for illegal lets - 0 posts
Monthly phone internet access - 3 posts
noisey neighbours - 7 posts
Is Spain only for the wealthy now? - 28 posts
setting up bed and breakfast mallorca - 2 posts
Satellite tv booster - 5 posts
C.C.T.V. Yes or No - 9 posts
A mystery... Animal on roof lifting roof tiles to get at wasp nests? Any others have similar problem? - 4 posts
Corvera airport - 35 posts
Moving goods from UK to Spain - 21 posts
transferring money from spain to england. - 9 posts
Can UK medications be posted to a Spanish address? - 3 posts
Spanish say good riddance to departing Brit expats - 7 posts
How do I stand with evicting someone who has no contract and does not pay rent. - 19 posts
Spanish Deposit Account Question - 1 posts
Spain Fails Again - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x