Ship a car to Murcia

Currency exchange Spain
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Jul 2014 10:40 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Anybody shipped a car out to Murcia this year, what sort of price did you pay ?

Like 0      
18 Jul 2014 11:27 PM by randolph Star rating. 167 posts Send private message

Why not drive it out??

Like 0      
18 Jul 2014 11:52 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Its a long drive from Temple Sowerby Cumbria lol, i have done a few times portsmouth to santander but im not paying brittany ferry pries again ( in summer), been looking at going though France

Like 0      
18 Jul 2014 11:55 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Just found this on another forum---------around £50 ferry and say if you go via the west of France Paris/ Rouen / Pau around £35 in tolls and of course the hotels around £35 a night, go the eastern route and you will pay massive toll fees but quicker. I do it from Leeds regularly takes around 23 hours of easy driving.  Anybody got a better route ????

Like 0      
19 Jul 2014 8:37 AM by randolph Star rating. 167 posts Send private message

We used to live near Keswick!!! We used to catch the LD Lines ferry from Portsmouth to Le Harve.  It is an overnight Ferry and arrives in France  at 07.00.  This means you have a full day driving through France AND you miss out Paris!

Like 0      
19 Jul 2014 9:41 AM by magoo Star rating. 41 posts Send private message

We used AVL Logistics, think they are based in Preston but cover the whole of the UK and go as far as Mazzaron fortnightly. 

In May 2013 they charged around £650 + vat to pick it up from our door on a Monday and deliver it to our apartment on the following Saturday. At that price it was around 50% cheaper than driving it over and we also packed it with various fittings for our apartment so saved on any extra shipping costs

cheers

Like 0      
19 Jul 2014 9:42 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

Are you shipping it out to leave here?

If so then you will need to transfer to Spanish plates etc this has been covered many times on here

Like 0      
19 Jul 2014 10:03 AM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

No im not leaving it Spain will use it for a few months then will sell it.

Like 0      
19 Jul 2014 10:06 AM by Tadd1966 Star rating in Los Montesinos. 1754 posts Send private message

ok and good luck hope it all works out for you

Like 0      
20 Jul 2014 8:23 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

The cost of shiping a car over Approxamatley 650eu + 450eu for spanish plates + the cost of the ITV what a load of hassel for a few months I hired a car for 10 weeks it cost me 1000.eu .good luck.

This message was last edited by windtalker on 20/07/2014.

Like 0      
20 Jul 2014 10:26 AM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

windtalker Thanks for info, Can you tell me  what the 450 is for, is it if i was to change the cars plates permanently onto Spanish plates  ???

Like 0      
20 Jul 2014 10:47 AM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

it is easy to find out how much it cost to transfer a U.K plated car on to Spanish plates just about every free new paper that is aimed at the British expat is full of adverts with companies that will do this for you for a fee but remember you will not be able to have the transfer plates until 6 months after the car has been in Spain you will have to have proof of when you brought the car in to Spain this information I am giving you is what I have been told by people that have done what you are trying to do but I am sure there will be someone on this forum that has done this that will give you more info about this.

Like 0      
20 Jul 2014 11:56 AM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

OK cheers. i can see one problem i could have, (ive just took out car insurance)  ive gone with a company that gives me 3 months cover in Spain a years cover £220 i could have got it for £175  but that one only gave me 2 months cover in Spain. LV insurance would cover me for 180 days but wanted over £500 for the year. So if i only have cover for 3 months and ive got to wait 6 months before i could have change  to Spanish. Problem.Might be cheaper to buy a Spanish car again.

Like 0      
21 Jul 2014 4:51 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Had a quote today £600 plus vat same again if i brought it back, might as well put the cash towards a Spanish reg car and leave it in Spain. OR drive my UK car to Spain.

Like 1      
21 Jul 2014 9:16 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

1, You will get peanuts for RHD car in Spain unless you are fortunate to find a returning Brit buyer.

2, Matriculation can be organised the day after your arrival. It takes no longer than a month. This will cost about €1000 + headlights+ itv. If you wait 6 months you will have to have signed on a pardon and then you will incur import tax.

3. Must have owned the car for 6 months and you need all the paperwork + a letter from your insurance for length of time you have fully comprehensive cover.

4, Unless you want to use the car for more than a continuous  182 days then it is impractical to matriculate and not cost effective to have it shipped over.  Either drive it  over  and take your chance on selling it here or ditch it and start again.

Like 0      
21 Jul 2014 9:41 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Cheers for that info ,think i will drive it over,only paid £1000 for it its in mint cond 12 stamps in book 2001 Nissan Almera  71K miles,  1 owner, so i dont think i will lose to much money when i get rid. Only bought it last week so bit of a probem with the 6 months ownership.

Like 0      
21 Jul 2014 10:07 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

Owned for less than 6 months..then you will be unable to matriculate. So that problem is sorted.

I repeat..you cannot sell a Brit car in Spain ,unless it is to someone returning to UK. The indigenous folk are not permitted to own a RHD car except in v special circumstances and don't think a Nissan would apply.

There are companies here who advertise that  are willing to buy your car..for peanuts.. And then will then transport to UK to resell.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

information - 9 posts
Claiming against Banks - 9 posts
Fancy buying a bar anyone ? - 5 posts
Taking Cat inside plane, to UK from Spain - 6 posts
Estate recommendation Playa Flamenca /Torreviejca area - 1 posts
L D Lines - 0 posts
Sky planner - 7 posts
Divorce and Spanish property - 12 posts
Return to Sender - 5 posts
The "shell suit" trash tourists have started to arrive!!!!!!!!! - 29 posts
Decision Made - Planning to Move to Spain - 15 posts
Yamaha 75 HP 4-Stroke Outboard Motor Engine - 0 posts
Excursions Business Query - 2 posts
Fire risk - 0 posts
Using your EHIC in Spain - 0 posts
Website Maintenance - 3 posts
RAE 300 yrs and counting - 0 posts
moving to spain - 1 posts
Spanish customs? - 9 posts
Replacement for EHIC in Spain - 1 posts
Spain's latest scandal … Discovered by Gotham - 0 posts
Letting Agents Fined for illegal lets - 0 posts
Monthly phone internet access - 3 posts
noisey neighbours - 7 posts
Is Spain only for the wealthy now? - 28 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 17

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x