noisey neighbours

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Jul 2014 1:04 PM by dunny Star rating. 45 posts Send private message

Can anyone give me advice to my situiation i live on an urbansaition the house directly behind me is let out to holiday makers

last year the police were called out several times by myself and other neighbours.Well this morning it all started again from

3.00 till 4.00 shouting swearing i did go out and ask them to be quiet it did eventually stop. my president informed me that all i can do is keep

calling the police, surely there must be another way i am not for stopping fun but 3 in the morning is out of hand as i start work at 7 thanks for any help

body p

Like 1      
06 Jul 2014 2:59 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

You could make a denuncia, but you would be putting your head above the parapet, as the offenders will be informed who made the complaint.

Responses to this sort of post usually state " This is Spain" as if that excuses it. Often used in complaints of noisy dogs, of which there are many!

Can your President not use his authority to help?

Like 0      
06 Jul 2014 3:07 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar

The problem with a denuncia is that dunny is complaining about tenants who will presumably move out and the next rowdy lot move in I would have thought it is up to the president who should write to the owner to inform him there has been complaints 

Like 0      
06 Jul 2014 3:44 PM by nitram Star rating in castalla. 175 posts Send private message

camposol with all due respects Dunny has already put his head above the parapet by asking them to keep down the noise.

We have a similiar problem with our neighbour, though he is in his 70´s he acts like a 18 YO he screams at every little bit of Sport on t.v, the other night after going out he came back at 01.00 screaming at  a football match after a swift bang on the wall  and a scream from me to Shut Up he slammed  a door, he has fell out with a number of people  i wait and see if there is any repeat.

Go to the town hall and get a copy of the local by-law on Ordenanza Municpal Sobre Prevención DeLa Contaminación Acústica De ------- (your Town). This should tell you all the times and levels of sound.

All so speak to your President and Administartor and get them to send owners  a letter about these people´, reading different stories in papers a range of town halls are clamping down on all types of noise, and these complaints come from mainly Spanish people.

Though i say the above advice on what to do, our AGM is shortley and this will be brought  up, though people will think it´s a personnal thing as my wife is the President,

Dunny what town hall do you come under ¿

This message was last edited by nitram on 06/07/2014.

Like 0      
06 Jul 2014 4:16 PM by ob123 Star rating in Southern Ireland. 191 posts Send private message

I think you should contact the the owner of the property, the President would have his e-mail or landline number, the owner should also have rules printed out and put up inside his apartment to tell these people to act like adults and respect other people who live there long term in the complex.....

Like 1      
06 Jul 2014 5:20 PM by scubamike Star rating in Murcia province . 218 posts Send private message

scubamike´s avatar

I agree that an approach should be made to the owner via the administrator or president but we are all assuming that the house directly behind is part of the same communidad or any communidad 

Like 0      
07 Jul 2014 11:10 AM by dunny Star rating. 45 posts Send private message

Hi Guys

thanks for your help i spoke to the president again yesterday he had several complaints about the noise from several

owners he did go and see them and i asked for the guys e=mail at this point the president send he would send an e-mail

regarding the above it worked last night as no sound hope it keeps up

Thanks

body p

Like 2      
08 Jul 2014 3:35 PM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

We also have noisy neighbours in Spain but they are not usually of the human variety. A couple of years after we bought we noticed that a couple had moved in to a broken down dwelling on the farmland behind our apartment. It had previously been used by the local pigeon fanciers to house their birds. Oh dear, we thought, feeling quite sorry for them Now, every time we go back they have added more buildings and also animals. At first it was just 3 horses and numerous dogs. Then came all sorts of "birds"  Chickens, turkeys, ducks, geese but worst of all cockerells and peacocks (several of each). The noise during the day is bad enough but the nights are dreadful, particularly in the warm weather when we like to have the windows open. They screech before dawn and just keep going. We rarely manage to sleep beyond 5-6am and are often woken in the night as well. We hate to be whinging Brits but this really wasn't what we signed up for! It's not that we dislike the birds as some are really quite attractive, they are very free range and run all over the fields. We do dislike the flies though.

I don't think that our presiden (Spanish)  is particularly bothered but then he does live on the other side of the block! Any suggestions? BTW ear plugs make absolutely no difference.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Is Spain only for the wealthy now? - 28 posts
setting up bed and breakfast mallorca - 2 posts
Satellite tv booster - 5 posts
C.C.T.V. Yes or No - 9 posts
A mystery... Animal on roof lifting roof tiles to get at wasp nests? Any others have similar problem? - 4 posts
Corvera airport - 35 posts
Moving goods from UK to Spain - 21 posts
transferring money from spain to england. - 9 posts
ADVICE RE RENTING IN MURCIA/BOLNUEVO AREA FOR 6-12 MONTHS - 23 posts
Can UK medications be posted to a Spanish address? - 3 posts
Spanish say good riddance to departing Brit expats - 7 posts
How do I stand with evicting someone who has no contract and does not pay rent. - 19 posts
Spanish Deposit Account Question - 1 posts
Spain Fails Again - 0 posts
Engraving jewellery while you wait - 1 posts
Have you been "ripped off"? ... read the attached article - 14 posts
Estepona: English speaking doctor in Spanish Haelthcare System? - 1 posts
Endesa online form - Landline?!! - 2 posts
NEW CASE WON! againsg SGR and BBVA in Herrada del Tollo - 1 posts
Buying in Valencia - 3 posts
Native English teacher wanted - 0 posts
New Here & Greetings from Barcelona - 1 posts
Rental - 3 posts
WANTED: Illustration artists who can draw cute cats and / or dogs. $500 per project - 0 posts
Where to buy Udo's oil in Spain - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 8

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x