Another wierd question - this time electric

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 May 2014 10:26 AM by batbrit Star rating. 29 posts Send private message

OK so I understand there is a (quite high) standing charge for electric but as a non res I will not be staying there for 7 to 8 months so.....

1. Can I start the electric contract in September and end it in December or is it a year's contact?

2. Is there a connection fee thus not making this worthwhile?

3. Is I can start/stop the conttract at any time does it take ages for reconnection.

I do intend to move to Spain full time eventually and then rent the Apartment toma Spanish resident but

in the meantime I want to count the pennies! It will only be a 6 to 7 apartment block of small flats in Valencia. Another thing that confuses me: Someone said most of these blocks are not leasehold but you own part of the freehold so if there is no lift or maintainence company, who cleans the foyer, paints the entrance, repairs the outside locks, doorbells etc.....or do you arrange this with the other occupiers on an ad-hoc basis - or do they have a residence accociation. This is all a bit grey for me.

Like 0      
02 May 2014 10:33 AM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

I am no expert on electricy and have been with the same company for a very long time now, but I very much doubt it will be practical to have your electricity disconnected every time you leavethe apartment empty, nor economically sensible.   

I can though tell you that in any block of flats with any shared areas, there will be a management fee pretty much as in the UK set up so that all residents contribute.   If it is just a small number of apartments, then there is less likely to be hassle - so good luck. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Online 210 form - questions. - 6 posts
Online 2120 form - questions. - 0 posts
UK CGT - 5 posts
mobile gas & income tax - 4 posts
Tax on Bicycles? - 16 posts
Expat rates: Get out of Britannia before you lose out - 0 posts
Changes in healthcare from 1st of July 2014 - 2 posts
Crack down on badly behaved tourists this summer - 0 posts
Tax form 720 - 25 posts
They blocked my bank account! HELP Please. - 33 posts
UK assets - 3 posts
An Infestation of Grubby and Raucous Bags of Fur - 3 posts
Really green questions - but we all have to learn to walk before we run!!! - 2 posts
Applying for "residencia" in La Linea - 8 posts
No Nudity Please - We're British!....I wish - 7 posts
SPAIN HAS A ROBIN HOOD TOO - 0 posts
PRICES STILL FALLING IN SPAIN - 21 posts
Construction works in Spain Increased by 23.9% last February - 1 posts
Any Flight Booking Experts Here? - 4 posts
HAS ANYONE IN JEREZ GOT A SPANISH SECOND HAND CAR FOR SALE? - 0 posts
English version of Modalo 210 ... How do you get an original blank TAX from - 2 posts
Moving to Spain - 2 posts
URGENT 5 nights accommodation needed! - 0 posts
Banks debts - 1 posts
DOWNLOADING PHOTOS FROM LAPTOP TO A C.D.DISC. - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 2

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x