Online 210 form - questions.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 May 2014 10:10 AM by batbrit Star rating. 29 posts Send private message

Thanks boys. Just looking at Form 210 - sorry to ask the obvious but the form is a bit confusing. Some points I am unclear on:

Accural: I have not bought yet but if I just did now would I pay for the whole year or 1st Quarter, 2nd etc and what would the accural year be now 2014 or 2015? Do I click 'Grouping' (whatever that means) and what would be the accural date from, say, today?

INCOME TYPE: I do not have a Spanish income (in Spain) so would I choose 'exempt'?

210 R Income: Just a holiday home so what do I fill in here, all or just section 06 (I assume)?

Settlement: Tick 19 & 20?

Tax Rate Law (questions 21 to 31) Is this for me to fill out as it is double dutch!

Receipt number from previous self assessment: do I put n/a?

Choose the type of tax return: Love to put Zero Tax Payable but I assume this has to be TO DEPOSIT?

So then when I click validate & generate PDF am I taken to a payment  page or do I need to take/send in the printed PDF to spain?

Sorry for the questions but this will be a huge relief to me - I hate fines!!

Many thanks in advance.

David

Like 0      
02 May 2014 1:45 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Just buy first! You'll have many other things to worry about before you are required to pay this!

The way Spanish tax forms etc are it will have all changed before you need to submit your 210 or whatever they call it next year. You pay the tax a year in arrears. It used to be called the 214 form!

Like 1      
02 May 2014 2:57 PM by batbrit Star rating. 29 posts Send private message

That's what I thought. Things are a changing maybe. Do I need a Spanish bank aaccount before I buy or do I just BACS the funds from my Lloyds account to my Spanish solicitor to do the bits & bobs?

Like 0      
02 May 2014 3:23 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
You will require a NIE, & a bank account will be necessary as you need to pay utilities such as electricity & water by Direct Debit.

Like 0      
02 May 2014 4:05 PM by batbrit Star rating. 29 posts Send private message

But I can buy first then open the account as obviously I need a Spanish address to open the account. Catch 22?

Like 0      
05 May 2014 10:36 AM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

Maybe you are overthinking this whole process, batbrit. Find your house/flat or whatever. Start the buying process with a small deposit on perhaps a debit card/ credit card from your UK bank (mention to them that you will be using the card in Spain first). Open a Spanish Bank account with that address. You will get help from the estate agent/gestor. You may not even need to put down a deposit first as I very much doubt if someone else is going to come along and snap it up before you have transferred your money over to your bank account!

As more says, don't worry about the form 210, you can get the gestor to sort out all utilities, dd's and the tax for the first year or so. The non-resident tax is not overly expensive anyway, same with IBI.

Simple really!

Like 1      
05 May 2014 12:01 PM by batbrit Star rating. 29 posts Send private message

I think you're right, lol. Going there soon for a rekky - see what happens.

Peace

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Online 2120 form - questions. - 0 posts
UK CGT - 5 posts
mobile gas & income tax - 4 posts
Tax on Bicycles? - 16 posts
Expat rates: Get out of Britannia before you lose out - 0 posts
Changes in healthcare from 1st of July 2014 - 2 posts
Crack down on badly behaved tourists this summer - 0 posts
Tax form 720 - 25 posts
They blocked my bank account! HELP Please. - 33 posts
UK assets - 3 posts
An Infestation of Grubby and Raucous Bags of Fur - 3 posts
Really green questions - but we all have to learn to walk before we run!!! - 2 posts
Applying for "residencia" in La Linea - 8 posts
No Nudity Please - We're British!....I wish - 7 posts
SPAIN HAS A ROBIN HOOD TOO - 0 posts
PRICES STILL FALLING IN SPAIN - 21 posts
Construction works in Spain Increased by 23.9% last February - 1 posts
Any Flight Booking Experts Here? - 4 posts
HAS ANYONE IN JEREZ GOT A SPANISH SECOND HAND CAR FOR SALE? - 0 posts
English version of Modalo 210 ... How do you get an original blank TAX from - 2 posts
Moving to Spain - 2 posts
URGENT 5 nights accommodation needed! - 0 posts
Banks debts - 1 posts
DOWNLOADING PHOTOS FROM LAPTOP TO A C.D.DISC. - 5 posts
Long term rental?? - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x