documents needed to open a new bank account.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Mar 2014 4:57 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Hi,

I am a resident in spain.

Am not happy with my existing bank so wonder

if any one can recommend any decent banks.

also does anyone know what documents I will need

to take to open an account with another bank as I cannot 

remember what I took with me the last time I opened a new

bank account.

Have googled but cannot find any info telling me what documents

I need.

I presume

passport

.N.I.E.

residency( green paper.)

rental contract.

anything else !!!!!!!!!!!!

coolyes

Like 0      
05 Mar 2014 5:23 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1223 posts Send private message

That's about it.

Don't know what bank you are with at the moment but they all seem to be about the same but some do have higher charges. I would suggest avoid Bankinter as their charges were going up and up. Some of the banks give you offers when opening an account if that's what you want.

We were with Bankinter, closed that one due to the charges. We were then with both Cam bank and Bancaja. They are now Sabadell and Bankia. We stayed with Bancaja and got free banking if we put a certain amount in each month plus one free debit card. Since they changed to Bankia we still get free banking but they are now charging €19 a year for the debit card.

Pop into a couple and see what they offer. I believe Sabadell and Santander have accounts with no charges for residents but you either have to put a certain amount in each month, about 700 euro I believe, or have a certain amount in all the time, around 2000 euro or so.

Loads of people have come out of banks and gone to Rural but I think that's because they have the lowest charges for non-resident accounts. Don''t know what there deals are for residents, though.

The only other plus for us staying with Bankia was that they dealt with all the standing orders and it went without a hitch.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2014 5:30 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

i am with lloyds soon to be sabadell but do not want

to stay with sabadell.

thought of trying santander 

coolyes

Like 0      
05 Mar 2014 5:47 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Have tried Santander and Sabadell.

Santander have free banking if you pay in a pension. Sabadell nedds 700Euro per month paid in.

Prefer Sabadell as there are more cash machines around and i object to paying to get my own money from ATM

Your list of documents looks about right but also take a list of your standing orders and a copy of electric and water bills if applicable.

This message was last edited by ayrez on 05/03/2014.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2014 6:14 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

The EU Citizen Resident Cert (green Paper) has your NIE on it, so that and your Original Passport to prove your ID should be enough.

I am with Caja Mar, my pension is around 700 a month and they do not make any charges for  maintenance of the account, D/D’s  etc. which they pay just like a more ‘conventional bank’ 

But check around and ask questions about what each bank / caja charges for any service wich you might use, Do not assume they will charge a particular fee for anything. The manager in any bank can adjust all charges which they might normally make, so ask for what you want.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2014 8:56 AM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

thanks everyone for your replies

coolyes

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

senore dude - 2 posts
non-resident UK Licence/Spanish car - 12 posts
Please recommend me a property lawyer, Malaga area - 2 posts
Worst Drivers in Europe - 1 posts
metal runners for kitchen drawers - 8 posts
Best and cheapest way to get to Morocco from Marbella - 4 posts
Taking furniture to Spain in my own van - 3 posts
Agents renting property fees - 0 posts
Usufructs - 8 posts
Embedding a Youtube videos using iPad - 2 posts
confused about mag 250 - 16 posts
Unwanted computer downloads - 24 posts
Pau to Jaca - 3 posts
Blogs - 2 posts
buying a new car in Spain - 25 posts
Spanish border on the northern Moroccan coast - What's your opinion? - 0 posts
NIE-- IN MURCIA - 5 posts
Does anyone know the right way to go about this? - 5 posts
British expats in Spain urged to vote - 1 posts
email's - 5 posts
Malaga Car - 0 posts
UK CAR IN SPAIN --- HOW LONG - 3 posts
PASSPORT CHANGE - 13 posts
Community Accounts - 5 posts
Community Swimming Pool - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x