Satellite Receive for all European Channels

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Dec 2013 11:35 AM by kbr88 Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

I am looking for a satellite receive that I can use to pick up free to air German, Dutch, French channels via our Community dish.

I don't need recording capabilities and would prefer HDMI connection instead of SCART.

I have seen different models from Manhattan and others.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Like 0      
15 Dec 2013 1:21 PM by windtalker Star rating. 1935 posts Send private message

You will have to realine the dish to the satalights that are transmiting the programs you want to receive and then do a channel scan on the receiver.

Like 0      
15 Dec 2013 1:24 PM by kbr88 Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

just to clarify my question. i am looking for a receiver that can be used to pick up multiple free to air channels in europe.

the community dishes provide access to the satellites.

i am just looking for best value receiver that i can use to connect to the dish.

Like 0      
15 Jan 2014 8:05 AM by televisiontechnology Star rating in Costa Blanca South. 165 posts Send private message

We offer a number of satellite receivers designed to work worldwide. All FTA models will allow multiple satellite reception including option to connect to different or motorised dishes.

For a newly launched box with easy to use menu, review icecrypt or if you wish to have the option of Spanish terrestrial as well as satellite, the new wizard vote. More info on this link http://tvtech.sharepoint.com/Pages/satellitereceiverguidecostablancacalida.aspx

www.televisiontechnology.eu - Satellite TV, network telecomms, IPTV & community support.

www.facebook.com/televisiontechnology

Like 0      
11 Feb 2014 6:37 PM by granjero Star rating in lincs. 28 posts Send private message

I have a 1.2 m dish for free sat ,can this dish be used to receive sky with my box from the uk ?

Like 0      
11 Feb 2014 6:43 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Where is your property in Spain? There's a big difference between, say, Bilbao and Malaga.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2014 7:16 PM by granjero Star rating in lincs. 28 posts Send private message

It's in Martos province of jaen ,

Like 0      
11 Feb 2014 7:30 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Looks like the answer is no. BBC channels, ITV channels and the Ch4 ones have all moved to a different satellite. Sky ones will move over the next couple of weeks. Even people in that area with a 1.8 m dish are unable to receive them anymore. 

On the plus side for all those missing BBC1, BBC One Scotland HD, BBC One Wales HD, BBC Four HD, CBeebies HD and BBC News HD are  unaffected by the changes - these channels launched on Astra 2F last year, and will remain on that satellite.

If you select the channel in the 900 series you will be able to get those if you had them before.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2014 7:36 PM by granjero Star rating in lincs. 28 posts Send private message

I am currently on a fre sat box ,I take it that the 900 is the sky box , I was wondering if I take my sky box to Spain that I can watch sport etc without having to re allign my dish ? Thanks for your help

Like 0      
11 Feb 2014 7:43 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Ah, right. What you have to do is rescan your freesat channels and put in a Wales or Scotland postcode. That will then get you either BBC 1 Wales HD or BBC Scotland HD. Ch4 HD and BBC News HD should be on the same channels. Sorry, the 900 channels are just SD which can't be received/

You would be best waiting and asking someone in your area what reception they are getting. As said, all the BBC channels and ITV etc can no longer be received in your area. Sky may stay on the old 2F satellite so your Sky Box would work for Sports if you have the same box and card you are registered with in UK.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2014 7:43 PM by mariedav Star rating in Ciudad Quesada. 1222 posts Send private message

Ah, right. What you have to do is rescan your freesat channels and put in a Wales or Scotland postcode. That will then get you either BBC 1 Wales HD or BBC Scotland HD. Ch4 HD and BBC News HD should be on the same channels. Sorry, the 900 channels are just SD which can't be received/

You would be best waiting and asking someone in your area what reception they are getting. As said, all the BBC channels and ITV etc can no longer be received in your area. Sky may stay on the old 2F satellite so your Sky Box would work for Sports if you have the same box and card you are registered with in UK.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2014 7:55 PM by granjero Star rating in lincs. 28 posts Send private message

Are the Scottish and welsh channel staying where they are ?on the old sat , cheers you have been a great help

Like 0      
11 Feb 2014 8:37 PM by televisiontechnology Star rating in Costa Blanca South. 165 posts Send private message

Signal values have been moving around today. Looked to be stronger this morning but dropped off again. Also weather not helping matters.

Scotland & Wales BBC 1 HD are still on 2F

We found on 2E that the strongest seemed to be 10818 V 22200 which is BBC1 South, Southwest, Oxford & NI. Also BBC 2 NI  & BBC 3.

The problem is this advice can be areas specific, today engineers have thrown back a myriad of different readings in various areas, all of which seems to indicate that those that can receive the TV via the Astra satellites have taken a weakening of signal in general on the lower horizontal & vertical transponders where the BBC's are along with some of the BBC HD's.

At the moment it's still a little up in the air with too many reports and not enough time to process them. Also given changes were still being made earlier today, which hopefully will be the last of it and then over a few days a clearer picture of reception patterns can be ascertained.

For those in areas such as costa del sol or Almeria - there are only two solutions. Firstly an IPTV box (subscription free or premium content based) or and with NO guarantees attached, connect a receiver with the correct software to a 1 metre satellite dish pointing at Intelsat 907 @ 27 degrees west. Here you will find the back up BBC's & ITV's in HD

http://www.lyngsat.com/Intelsat-907.html review 11495 V for channels. This is encrypted by the BBC, however a software patch seems to have conveniently been made available to open this, on certain receivers. It works, the only question is for how long. They have not changed on the last 12 months. In truth a bit of a gamble, but if you already have a dish, it's €140 or so to get BBC's, ITV & 4 back.

www.televisiontechnology.eu - Satellite TV, network telecomms, IPTV & community support.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2014 9:05 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

Why you need TV in Spain I will never know 

There is so much more to see and do than sit in front of the Gogglebox

Me and Stu never realised until it went of this week how much we got Sucked into it 

My advice shove that Sat dish in the skip and start living your life

Love Hugh

Like 1      
11 Feb 2014 9:12 PM by televisiontechnology Star rating in Costa Blanca South. 165 posts Send private message

I'm inclined to agree with you Stu (even though it is my job). I'm exhausted after this, we are maintaining nearly 3000 people on the costas within our communities and private individuals - yours truly is attempting to field most of the queries while changes still ocurring. 

If it was up to me i'd just close my eyes and listen to some relaxing music. But unfortunately I need my job...

Like 0      
12 Feb 2014 8:01 AM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

Yes, I am going to take the opportunity to just get rid of the ugly dish that has been there for years and not worry.   Internet is pretty easy now anyway, and Spanish TV is not that bad!  

Like 0      
12 Feb 2014 7:47 PM by hughjardon Star rating in Jaywick Sands. 418 posts Send private message

hughjardon´s avatar

Actually loving having no TV me and Stu have been going to bed early but we wont be adding to the Spanish baby boom HA HA it would be a biological impossibility smiley

I hope the TV never comes back its so sad anyway we did watch the olympics an the russian channel thats it 

No more Big Brother for us just need to kick the Candy crush habit

Love Hugh

Like 0      
12 Feb 2014 9:59 PM by randolph Star rating. 167 posts Send private message

Reminds me of dieters who revel in their  self control until they have proved a point

then relax.......and regress!

This message was last edited by randolph on 12/02/2014.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

WHAT DO I NEED ? - 7 posts
Could impact on tourism - 23 posts
Costaluz Lawyers came through for me against BP/Aliseda - 20 posts
Euro Vegas Bites The Dust - 0 posts
Volunteers wanted in Orihuela Costa, Costa Blanca - 0 posts
Another Costaluz victory! - 16 posts
Is Spain Shit or Are we Poor Judges - 9 posts
Minutes go agm - 0 posts
holiday rental- owner responsibility - 1 posts
Income tax on UK State pensions in Spain - 30 posts
Does it feel like Christmas where you are? - 0 posts
NEW! Granada Appeal Court greatly applying Law 57/68 - 47 posts
Unemployment in Spain down, or is it ? - 4 posts
Storage? - 3 posts
driving a moped / scooter - 2 posts
Financial monsters, Financial killers. Good for Brussels - 0 posts
Spain goes further back to the Middle Ages - 6 posts
Aircon Servicing costs - 5 posts
EU fining Spanish Banks - 2 posts
If you want an Airport we got three to spare - 7 posts
coeficiente - 2 posts
Large Parking Space For Stretch Limo Needed - 0 posts
Iberdrola: standing orders and credits - 0 posts
9th of December-Bank Holiday - 3 posts
Saved by Extra Insurance thanks to... Firefly car Rental Alicante airport - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 18

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x