coeficiente

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
09 Dec 2013 2:13 PM by haydngj Star rating in ALGORFA. 403 posts Send private message

haydngj´s avatar

This is puzzeling me  how is the coeficiente calculated on an apartment and who would do the calculating?

Like 0      
09 Dec 2013 2:59 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

It’s the percentage of the constructed area, of the whole, which you own.    Simple put if you have 5% of the area you have a coefficient of 5%.   All the coefficients add up to 100% .   It is included on the escritura (maybe shown as CUOTA) and is determined when the plans are drawn.   That is why it is almost impossible to add to ones ‘constructed area’ as the percentage of all the owners would need to be changed. Say if one wanted to close off a passageway which only leads to your front door, so as to include it in your property.

Usually when there is a vote at the AGM the coefficients are added to see if the overall percentage has been obtained to pass the motion.

Some Communities just do a simple ‘one dwelling one vote’.  It depends on what the Statutes (rules) of the community show.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 09/12/2013.

Like 0      
09 Dec 2013 5:15 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

John's answer basically covers it - I presume the developer calculates the percentages, and they are included on the master deed for the entire property when registered at the land registry.

On a side note, I purchased an off-plan property some years ago, and noticed that the amount the administrator asked me to pay represented slightly more than my percentage of the total budget. On querying this, the admin told me he had discovered that the total cuotas came to 99.42% only, so the annual budget had to be adjusted slightly, and my resulting payment was slightly more accordingly! So, just for the sake of contradicting John, All the coefficients do not always add up to 100% !!! cheeky

Presumably the descrepancy on the deeds came about from rounding up the coefficients. It could only happen in Spain!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Large Parking Space For Stretch Limo Needed - 0 posts
Iberdrola: standing orders and credits - 0 posts
9th of December-Bank Holiday - 3 posts
Saved by Extra Insurance thanks to... Firefly car Rental Alicante airport - 9 posts
car mechanic - 0 posts
How do I open a teaching academy inland Spain - 6 posts
How can i trace the previous owners of our apartment? - 20 posts
Help prevent Mobile phone thefts / EMEI number - 2 posts
small Finca/Villa/Apartment forr very long term rental wanted.. - 0 posts
cancelling residencia - 14 posts
Law 57/68 explained - 6 posts
Lagos de Santa María and Supreme Court - 2 posts
Holiday let insurance company not paying out. - 35 posts
driving uk reg car in spain - 11 posts
Buying a used car from a dealership - 11 posts
Log Book - 9 posts
Returning hired car with too much fuel - 3 posts
Log burner flue pipes. - 0 posts
Kia dealers in Mazarron or Cartagena? - 3 posts
Aircon supplier/installer in Valencia - 0 posts
Good hardware store in Valencia - 3 posts
spanish inheritance tax - 9 posts
End of Year Accounts for Non Residential Living in Spain - 4 posts
DELETE a POST - 7 posts
Strong Wholemeal & White Flour - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x