Unemployment in Spain down, or is it ?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Dec 2013 1:15 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I saw in the news, the number of unemployed in Spain had fallen.  However, I just wondered if that meant more people have found work, or if more people have left Spain to seek work elsewhere.

In Spain I understand that young people who have never had a job, and long term unemployed,  are not included in the figures.  So the good news may not be what, at first sight, it appears to be. 

This message was last edited by johnzx on 11/12/2013.

Like 0      
11 Dec 2013 1:39 PM by eos_ian Star rating in Valencia. 506 posts Send private message

eos_ian´s avatar
Hi John

I believe the figures represent all people who are registered with the INEM regardless of age and length of unenployment but I may be mistaken.
I think employment is certainly on the rise but it will depend very much on where you live in the country, as the picture changes a lot from city to city. However the worry lies with the type of jobs that are being offered. Last month 36% of all new positions were in the hospitality sector and only 9% of those were full-time. Quality full time jobs are the problem and they will take longer to come, but my general feeling is that things are turning around and I don't think emigration has anything to do with it.

Ian :   EOS TEAM MEMBER 

www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/ianandspain.aspx

Like 0      
11 Dec 2013 5:22 PM by baz1946 Star rating. 2327 posts Send private message

Pretty sure the UK ministers did some "massaging' of figures a some years back when unemployment got a bit to high for they're liking, for instance anyone close to retiring age, say 60 years old with very little chance of finding work got took out of the "Looking for work" register and on to state pension, I know one person who nearly got this one, they also removed another fair chunk of the register by re-naming them something else other then unemployed persons, many students got took of, this included quite a few different descriptions, but in reality meant the same..."Your still unemployed" but all of a sudden unemployment figures started to look rosy again.

Now because it's gone high again they are just saying it's not as bad as the media makes it out to be.

Like 0      
11 Mar 2014 8:37 AM by Ali33Franzeo Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

The activity of the animal beings has become acutely active everywhere on this earth. Bodies do not get time to booty a blow for a while. With the accretion use of altered gadgets of Gps Jammer, the possibilities of accepting the aboriginal of blow accept absolutely finished. The adaptable phones or the corpuscle phones are some of these accessories that accumulate the bodies consistently in blow with the alfresco world. The adaptable building are additionally accessible about everywhere these canicule and due to this the accessibility of the Cell Phone Jammer has become alike added quick and authentic. Today, you cannot break out of ability of these adaptable building as their signals can bolt your about anywhere. The bearings of bodies who accord to altered business professions has become actual analytical of bug jammer as their authorities bolt them anywhere any moment.

Like 0      
11 Mar 2014 10:32 AM by xetog Star rating in Wiltshire/holiday ap.... 514 posts Send private message

Was this last post supposed to be in 'jokes'?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Storage? - 3 posts
driving a moped / scooter - 2 posts
Financial monsters, Financial killers. Good for Brussels - 0 posts
Spain goes further back to the Middle Ages - 6 posts
Aircon Servicing costs - 5 posts
EU fining Spanish Banks - 2 posts
If you want an Airport we got three to spare - 7 posts
coeficiente - 2 posts
Large Parking Space For Stretch Limo Needed - 0 posts
Iberdrola: standing orders and credits - 0 posts
9th of December-Bank Holiday - 3 posts
Saved by Extra Insurance thanks to... Firefly car Rental Alicante airport - 9 posts
car mechanic - 0 posts
How do I open a teaching academy inland Spain - 6 posts
How can i trace the previous owners of our apartment? - 20 posts
Help prevent Mobile phone thefts / EMEI number - 2 posts
small Finca/Villa/Apartment forr very long term rental wanted.. - 0 posts
cancelling residencia - 14 posts
Law 57/68 explained - 6 posts
Lagos de Santa María and Supreme Court - 2 posts
Holiday let insurance company not paying out. - 35 posts
driving uk reg car in spain - 11 posts
Buying a used car from a dealership - 11 posts
Log Book - 9 posts
Returning hired car with too much fuel - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x