New Spanish laws......

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Nov 2013 12:56 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Casper    . ......   say I had a very modest UK house .. valued at £250, 000 and say £2000 in my UK account and am living on a pension or income of £12,000 per year,  what would be my tax payable in Spain if I stayed over the six months

If you are tax resident in Spain (that might mean immediately if you came to live here, i.e. the 183 rule would be over-ridden by the other qualifications) you would not pay any tax on owning that house in the UK nor having that amount in the bank. You would pay some tax (maybe a few hundred) on the pension income and any other worldwide income.

Like 0      
17 Nov 2013 1:10 PM by Kathyslad Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

Based on the current exchange rate, and assuming you are over 65 ( but under 75) and single, or your partner has their own income , you would pay income tax of around €1300 (under 65 €1575). If you have a partner with no income of their own ( or below €3400), you can declare jointly. You then receive a further allowance of €3400, so with no income this would reduce the tax payable by €840.

In addition, assuming you are resident here, and assuming there is no rental income from from your UK property ( which is taxable in both the UK and Spain, but tax paid in the UK can be offset against spanish tax due). You will also be liable for the second homes tax. This is commonly known as the non-resident tax, but in fact is also payable by all fiscal residents in Spain on second properties.

Like 0      
17 Nov 2013 1:11 PM by Kathyslad Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

Based on the current exchange rate, and assuming you are over 65 ( but under 75) and single, or your partner has their own income , you would pay income tax of around €1300 (under 65 €1575). If you have a partner with no income of their own ( or below €3400), you can declare jointly. You then receive a further allowance of €3400, so with no income this would reduce the tax payable by €840.

In addition, assuming you are resident here, and assuming there is no rental income from from your UK property ( which is taxable in both the UK and Spain, but tax paid in the UK can be offset against spanish tax due). You will also be liable for the second homes tax. This is commonly known as the non-resident tax, but in fact is also payable by all fiscal residents in Spain on second properties.

Like 0      
17 Nov 2013 1:35 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Yes Kathyslad I forgot the second homes tax. 

Based on what we paid this year for a property in Philippines, a £250,000 would be about 450 euros.

On my UK OAP (single person plus a dependent allowance - wife) of about 12,000 euros I paid 770 euros having made a joint return

This message was last edited by johnzx on 17/11/2013.

Like 0      
17 Nov 2013 5:16 PM by casperruby Star rating. 165 posts Send private message

Thank you for your help in tax liability all said and done for all the benefits of living in spain then the tax burden is not worth living in the uk for over the six months for I'll pay the tax I would save double the tax in heating costs and umbrellas

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Public Parking in Guaro - 2 posts
Uploading a photo - 4 posts
Spanish/Gib border control not illegal. - 27 posts
CBL Abogados - 0 posts
car hire debit card - 4 posts
13 most wanted criminals living in Spain - 1 posts
DOERS SHE OR DOESN'T SHE - 3 posts
Growl! - 6 posts
Free Banking In Spain ? - 4 posts
telefonica moviestar router - 3 posts
Anybody driving down to Murcia end of Nov - 0 posts
Spanish Banks through the eye of the WSJ - 0 posts
Questionnaire on Tourist Brochures of the Region of Murcia - 11 posts
New by - 0 posts
Bank repossessions - 11 posts
PayPal and Ebay - 5 posts
Changing from english to spanish car - 6 posts
driving licence - 2 posts
Noah's ARC Christmas E-card is HERE! - 0 posts
Europa Network take unauthorized amounts from my bank - 3 posts
where & when can i buy this? - 1 posts
ECB cuts benchmark rate to 0.25% - 0 posts
New Year in Spain - 2 posts
SQUATTERS AND BARKING DOGS - 1 posts
residency in Spain - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 25

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x