Europa Network take unauthorized amounts from my bank

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Nov 2013 4:26 PM by Travlur Star rating in Galicia Spain / Vale.... 34 posts Send private message

Travlur´s avatar

I hereby recind everything nice I had to say about Europa Network. Be aware of what they do before you sign up with them.
My last invoice from them included a charge for a so called "Catch Up Service", €12.95
Here are the emails between myself and Europa; you be the judge; I say they are common crooks.
I have done this in chronological order;

Hello
What is this "catchup service"
Catchup Service
01/10/2013 to 31/10/2013
RSVP
Mark

Good afternoon Mark
Thank you for your email
I can confirm our catch up services in on our TV services you can scroll back to watch any channel up to 14 days
Kind regards
Dawn Crease
Customer Services

Hello
I did not order this.
I do not want this.
Please do not charge me for this or we will have a bitter disagreement.
Please confirm.
RSVP
Mark

If no immediate refund (today), I will instruct my lawyers to deal with it, and warn others on the various forums.

At this point I received a phone call from them, claiming they had sent me an email which stated that if I did not reply and say "I do not want it", I would thereafter be subscribed to this worthless rip-ff service. Thing is; a) I did not receive an email, b) this form of contract is not lawful (people need to say "I want it") .

Next email

Good afternoon Mr Austin
I can confirm i have sent your query over to our administration team with regards to a credit for the catch up TV, they will look in to your query as soon as they can
Kind regards
Dawn Crease
Customer Services

Dawn
It is not a query, it is formal demand for an immediate refund or face the consequences.
I recommend you get your MD involved immediately.
What you have done is disgusting and unlawful, if not illegal.
How dare you take my money without my permission for something I do not want and never agreed to.
Again,l the money had better be back in my account tonight, or tomorrow you will see a series of warnings on the Internet.
After that, I will give it to my lawyer in Spain.
Mark

No refund, no response.

I challenge their MD to come here and answer this assertions; Europa Networks, you are common thieves.

Like 0      
11 Dec 2013 1:45 PM by Travlur Star rating in Galicia Spain / Vale.... 34 posts Send private message

Travlur´s avatar

Update (11/12/2013): Europa have just called to say that they will refund the Catch Up service charge. I have asked them about the fact I bought their TV box on the basis that they advertise (on their own web site) many more channels are provided, and that I would not have bought the box for the small number of channels I now only receive. They say they will look into that. They have asked me to remove my various warnings / posts on forums, and I have said I will as long as I get my refund and there is a resolution to the number of TV channels I receive.

Like 0      
11 Dec 2013 2:49 PM by Travlur Star rating in Galicia Spain / Vale.... 34 posts Send private message

Travlur´s avatar

Europa have now credited me for the Catch Up service I never wanted and given me all the TV channels as advertised.

This message was last edited by Travlur on 18/06/2014.

Like 1      
18 Jun 2014 4:22 PM by Travlur Star rating in Galicia Spain / Vale.... 34 posts Send private message

Travlur´s avatar

PS Since the problems were resolved, I now have Europa at a second property and all is well to date.

This message was last edited by Travlur on 18/06/2014.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

where & when can i buy this? - 1 posts
ECB cuts benchmark rate to 0.25% - 0 posts
New Year in Spain - 2 posts
SQUATTERS AND BARKING DOGS - 1 posts
residency in Spain - 7 posts
Holiday rental properties wanted - 0 posts
Astra 28 degrees east new satellite free to air HD Channel. - 0 posts
Barcelona Notary Question - 4 posts
Reputable builders in san Javier area ,Murcia - 0 posts
Satellite dishes: community / municipality rules - 0 posts
URBANISATION COMMITTEE MEETINGS - 1 posts
San Jose contact required please - 2 posts
property survey - 2 posts
Legal tip 1061. Work with our team coach - 0 posts
Extra Fees to cover Shortfall due to Debtors - 33 posts
Squatters - 3 posts
Transferring U.S Dollars INTO Spain (La Caixa) - 10 posts
Looking for a campingsite in the south - 6 posts
Vista-del-Rey - 3 posts
MJV Winter Flights - Don't Believe Murcia Today! - 7 posts
satalite dish size to receive freesat in benidorm - 2 posts
New Healthcare Option for Those Without Cover - 19 posts
LONG TERM RENTAL VILLA WANTED - 0 posts
train to Granada - 6 posts
Villa/Apartment wanted for rent in or near Benelmadena - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x