telefonica moviestar router

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Nov 2013 2:13 PM by elraso Star rating. 39 posts Send private message

Can anyone help , i have changed to telefonica they have sent me a router, no english manual, i have managed to get the internet by using an ethernet cable as soon as i unplug it i lose the internet ,what i want is to set up the wireless connection. Telefonica i find impossible ,they have no technical person who speaks english ,the last company iwas with have always done it remotely ,iam already having misgivings about going to Telefonica,can anyone advise

Like 0      
12 Nov 2013 3:38 PM by nigel188 Star rating in Estepona. 656 posts Send private message

Hi

What kind of Router has Telefonica given you . Does it have a brand name. Then you can look on the Internet for an English Manual. Alternatively use the setup instructions as detailed on the website below. Make sure your wireless activity button is switched on First on your Laptop or Ipad or Desktop PC.

http://help2.talktalk.co.uk/getting-started/how-do-i-set-my-router-step-step-guide

Good Luck

Regards

Nigel

Like 0      
12 Nov 2013 4:54 PM by lobin Star rating. 256 posts Send private message

I have a Telefonica router.  As I understand it, most routers come with the wireless signal unactivated by default.  You have to activate it manually and until you do so, only the wired connection will be available.

In my router, to activate the WiFi signal, you have to press a very little hole on the back of the router for five seconds.  Do not activate for much longer because if you press it for ten seconds, instead of activating the Wifi signal, the router resets to default settings.  In fact, that is how you turn off the WiFi signal.

Once activated, you must now go to your computer's WiFi settings and assuming it is already activated, look for your router's name and then enter your router's passcode.  Normally in Telefonica routers, this is written on the underside of the router.

If this does not work, I suggest you tell us the brand name of your router and we can look to see if we can find a User Manual in English.  If the brand name is not written on the router itself, you can probably find it in the documents that came with it.

Like 0      
12 Nov 2013 5:37 PM by elraso Star rating. 39 posts Send private message

thank you for the two replies, i have taken it to a friend ,who has set it up the reply about not knocking the wi fi button was very relevant as i had done that and then it did not show in the network connections ,so thanks to both of you much appreciated

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Anybody driving down to Murcia end of Nov - 0 posts
Spanish Banks through the eye of the WSJ - 0 posts
Questionnaire on Tourist Brochures of the Region of Murcia - 11 posts
New by - 0 posts
Bank repossessions - 11 posts
PayPal and Ebay - 5 posts
Changing from english to spanish car - 6 posts
driving licence - 2 posts
Noah's ARC Christmas E-card is HERE! - 0 posts
Europa Network take unauthorized amounts from my bank - 3 posts
where & when can i buy this? - 1 posts
ECB cuts benchmark rate to 0.25% - 0 posts
New Year in Spain - 2 posts
SQUATTERS AND BARKING DOGS - 1 posts
residency in Spain - 7 posts
Holiday rental properties wanted - 0 posts
Astra 28 degrees east new satellite free to air HD Channel. - 0 posts
Barcelona Notary Question - 4 posts
Reputable builders in san Javier area ,Murcia - 0 posts
Satellite dishes: community / municipality rules - 0 posts
URBANISATION COMMITTEE MEETINGS - 1 posts
San Jose contact required please - 2 posts
property survey - 2 posts
Legal tip 1061. Work with our team coach - 0 posts
Extra Fees to cover Shortfall due to Debtors - 33 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x