Endesa

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
20 Oct 2013 5:00 PM by Sten46 Star rating in Hatton, Derbyshire &.... 243 posts Send private message

Over the last couple of years Endesa have been bringing mains gas into Almoradi. The take-up hasn’t been particularly large, but following a visit from their representative, and working out the cost relative to bottled gas, we decided to go ahead and have it installed. The installation was carried out swiftly and efficiently along with all of the other customers on this particular branch of the main by Jesfran Services on behalf of Endessa and I was presently surprised to be given a factura for ‘Installation to two points – 0 euros’!

On Friday last I received my first bill from Endessa for no gas + standing charge + ‘Dechos cotratac distribuidora’ + IVA, totalling 231.82 euros!

Steve

I managed to speak to an English-speaking operative at Endesa who informed me that this is the charge for ‘setting up a new contract’ and ‘you will never get this charge again’ – too bl**dy right I won’t!!! Nearly 232 euros for setting up a new contract is nothing short of gross extortion and sheer daylight robbery in my book!

My gripe is that this cost was NEVER mentioned at any stage of the meetings or discussions with Endesa, and had it been so, we would most definitely NOT have had mains gas installed as it makes it not cost-effective – we only have a gas boiler and hob and the convenience aspect was what interested us most,

Is anyone thinking of having mains gas, or has anyone come across this before? I could cancel the contract on the grounds that I have been misadvised by them by not being given full information, but I don’t really want to do this now, I am in two minds whether to tell the bank not to make the payment and see what happens!

Perhaps Jesfran should have said ‘we won’t charge you, but Endesa will’!

Steve.

Like 0      
21 Oct 2013 6:56 PM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

Maybe about 8 years ago natural gas was available to my building.  I use electricity and solar for water heating so I was interested, but as far as remember, none of my Spanish neighbours (who are by far the largest group) signed up as they said it was prohibitively expensive.

Like 0      
21 Oct 2013 7:18 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

My son has two properties in Spain which were re-sales.  On each, when I went to the water suppliers,  they said my son would be better to do as the Spanish do and leave the contracts in the existing names and just change to DD details to my son’s account, and thus save the high charges for new contacts.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Bar Restaurant for sale La Manga - 0 posts
Advice please - thinking of closing our bank account to avoid rip-off fees - 26 posts
Charity shop opening hours - 2 posts
Exclusivity with estate agent. - 86 posts
stopovers Madrid to Malaga - 2 posts
URGENT SALE - this week - 0 posts
Do we or don't we?! - 6 posts
Hello all at Eye on Spain - a little advice please? - 5 posts
The property market is being demolished ! - 6 posts
Arriving at Santander and driving to Murcia - 1 posts
How long does the purchase take to compete? - 22 posts
Taxi to St Javier Airport - 5 posts
translators - 1 posts
car ownership - 1 posts
solar panels - 2 posts
RESIDENCIA - The truth............... - 9 posts
Statute of limitation - 2 posts
More nonsense about abortion - 18 posts
Interenet Providers S. Costa Blanca - 2 posts
How many suitcase - 5 posts
Murcia Appeal Court asks Corvera to refund based on lack of advertised facilities - 4 posts
Endesa - 9 posts
Change to tax rate for non resident home owners?? - 48 posts
Four foot pedals - no handbrake. - 4 posts
Telefonica/Movistar the most useless company on this planet. - 18 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x