Statute of limitation

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
16 Oct 2013 3:22 PM by camposol Star rating in Camposol. 1406 posts Send private message

I know the statute of limitaion was abolished re the assets declaration, but does it apply in other areas of non payment of taxes? There is an argument about this on another forum, but no one seemed to know the facts.

Like 0      
16 Oct 2013 4:10 PM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

I understand that if one does get asked to pay a tax bill for 4 clear years, so that’s 5 in practice, then it is unenforceable.  However, if say the town hall sent a letter, albeit to an address which proved not to be correct, then they have started proceedings and in that case the four years does not apply.

As you say there is a different position re the asset declarations, but I seem to remember the wording was rather 'subtle’ so as to put that matter outside the 'four year rule.'  Something to effect that the undeclared asset would be considered as an asset acquired in the year that it is discovered. I am sure Kathyslad will be able to clarify that point.

Like 0      
17 Oct 2013 5:55 PM by kathyslad Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

Johnzx is correct with regard to the asset declaration, insofar as the statute of limitations applies from the date it is discovered. With regard to other general taxes (, it does read the same, i.e if you do not declare it, and they discover it, then its considered from then, but I wil have to reread the legislation, becuase it very complicated.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

More nonsense about abortion - 18 posts
Interenet Providers S. Costa Blanca - 2 posts
How many suitcase - 5 posts
Murcia Appeal Court asks Corvera to refund based on lack of advertised facilities - 4 posts
Endesa - 9 posts
Change to tax rate for non resident home owners?? - 48 posts
Four foot pedals - no handbrake. - 4 posts
Telefonica/Movistar the most useless company on this planet. - 18 posts
Bought a French car with the intention of taking it to Spain – not a straightforward process. - 3 posts
WANTED flat to share on Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Property Swap - 3 posts
Enter the b****y code - 3 posts
Malaga Car Hire - 4 posts
utilities and costings - 2 posts
trying to find a flight Search Engine - 5 posts
route Bilbao to costa del sol - 5 posts
Wer spricht deutsch? - 3 posts
Oh dear, this member hasn't provided any information yet - 41 posts
Denuncias - 11 posts
Anti social behaviour by tenants - 1 posts
COCKROACHES IN SPAIN SORTED OUT AND HOW - 0 posts
CostaLuz or MariadeCastro? - 5 posts
Los Alcazares: Looking for a Handyman, Plumber, Electrician - 1 posts
Garlic and Olive Oil - The Seventies and Eighties in Spain - 1 posts
Typhoid vaccination - possible from a private clinic? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x