Endesa

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
15 Oct 2013 3:14 PM by cidphillips Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Could anyone suggest where I can get a English translation of my Endesa Electric Contract.Just bought an apartment but have not been there all summer.Have just been over to visit for a couple of days and have found a letter/form headed " CONDICIONES PARTICULARES DEL CONTRATO DE SUMINISTRO ELECTRICO" before I fill it all and sign I would like to know exactly what the different sections say and mean.I have tried the telephone numbers and email address on the Endesa website but am having no joy what so ever...Help Anyone ?

Like 0      
15 Oct 2013 4:26 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

I would just google translation services Spanish to English and then add your home town.  You should be able to locate a local service who will do it for you for a very small fee.   They will also help you to fill it in. 

Like 0      
16 Oct 2013 7:54 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

If you scan the contract into your computer, then use an Optical Character Recognition (OCR) program, which will convert the image into a word document, you can then use an on line translations service (I use Bing Translator). The result is not perfect,  but usually very close.  And of course it is all free.

This message was last edited by johnzx on 16/10/2013.

Like 1      
16 Oct 2013 9:43 AM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

IMO free translators on line are great for newspaper stories or whatever, but not so good for forms and legal documents.  You can get a lot of jibberish.  But any of the on line translating sites will give you a general idea.   A good human translator will make sure you UNDERSTAND all aspects of the form.  Not sure that understanding what Endesa are saying will help you though!!!  Endesa will go its own sweet way whatever!!  Don't let that stop you enjoying your apartment  - and good luck.   

Like 1      
16 Oct 2013 11:47 AM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

I copied this from http://www.endesaonline.com/resourceses/Tarifa_Electrica_Plus.pdf

It is a section of a contract, and I used Bring Translations

Not a perfect translation, but  I think even for a person without much knowledge of Spanish they will probably understand what the meaning is.

Original:-

El abajo firmante solicita contratar con Endesa Energía, S.A. Unipersonal el suministro de gas natural, electricidad y los servicios adicionales especificados, de acuerdo con las condiciones particulares y generales, así como de la información específica del producto que se acompaña como anexo y, en consecuencia y tras su lectura previa, está de acuerdo con su contenido, por lo que da su conformidad expresa a la contratación así como al cambio de suministrador. A tal efecto autoriza expresamente a esta empresa a

realizar las gestiones oportunas para que pase a ser su nuevo suministrador de gas y electricidad entre las que se encuentran: a) la tramitación del acceso de terceros a la Red (ATR) y cambio de suministrador, así como resolución de su actual contrato; y b) los datos contenidos en el ‘Sistema de Intercambio de Información’ regulado en el artículo43.2.b) del RD 1434/2002 de 27 de diciembre y artículo 7 del RD 1435/2002 de 27 de diciembre o equivalente. Asimismo declara igualmente que los datos y la información reflejada en el presente documento son completos y veraces, disponiendo en todo caso de capacidad, representación suficiente y/o autorización expresa tanto para contratar compara hacer uso de la citada información y autorizando a Endesa Energía a efectuar las comprobaciones de los mismos, así como de la existencia de posible deuda por cualquier concepto, admitiendo que esta solicitud no implica la aceptación de Endesa Energía, debiendo asumir, el firmante las responsabilidades derivadas en caso contrario.

Raw Translation:-  

The signer requests a contract with Endesa Energia, S.A. Unipersonal the supply of natural gas, electricity and the additional services specified, in accordance with the General and particular conditions, as well as the specific product information attached as an annex, and as a result and after its previous reading, is in accordance with its content, so gives their express agreement to procurement as well as to the change of supplier. For this purpose expressly authorises the company to

(make appropriate efforts so it becomes your new supplier of gas and electricity, among which are: a) the processing of third-party access to the network (ATR) and change of supplier, as well as his current contract resolution; () and (b) the data contained in the 'system of exchange of information' regulated in the articulo43.2.b) of RD 1434 / 2002 of 27 December and article 7 of the RD 1435 / 2002 of 27 December or equivalent. Also declares also that the data and the information reflected in this document are complete and truthful, in any case capacity, sufficient representation and/or express permission both to hire compared to make use of the aforementioned information and authorizing Endesa energy to perform these checks, as well as of the existence of possible debt for any reason admitting that this application does not imply acceptance of the Endesa energy, and must assume, the signer the responsibilities arising in otherwise.

Like 1      
16 Oct 2013 12:49 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

Clear as mud to me elaineG  - might as well just sign.

Like 0      
16 Oct 2013 1:06 PM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

Roly2  Clear as mud to me ......

Well Roly, as I am sure you will have realised, so is the actual contract in the original Spanish, which like so many are written in unnecessarily complicated jargon, often difficult for the lay person to understand.

However, maybe because I can understand the original, and have knowledge of contractual agreements generally, I am able to understand the translation that much better than those who have no Spanish.

Nevertheless,  I think

The signer requests a contract with Endesa Energia, S.A. Unipersonal the supply of natural gas, electricity and the additional services specified, in accordance with the General and particular conditions, as well as the specific product information attached as an annex, and as a result and after its previous reading, is in accordance with its content, so gives their express agreement to procurement as well as to the change of supplier.

Albeit that they may need to look up a couple of words, e.g. Unipersonal -  a one person / private individual,  contract.

But I think it will make more sense to non Spanish speakers, than :

El abajo firmante solicita contratar con Endesa Energía, S.A. Unipersonal el suministro de gas natural, electricidad y los servicios adicionales especificados, de acuerdo con las condiciones particulares y generales, así como de la información específica del producto que se acompaña como anexo y, en consecuencia y tras su lectura previa, está de acuerdo con su contenido, por lo que da su conformidad expresa a la contratación así como al cambio de suministrador

This message was last edited by elaineG on 16/10/2013.

Like 0      
16 Oct 2013 1:12 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

Elaine - I am afraid you are barking up the wrong tree.  I am fluent in Spanish and have been for many years.   I am making the point that for a very small fee someone can get a proper translation, and also help to respond (in this case to fill in a form with confidence).    I don't use translation sites - I don't need to.   But I do know you are talking chalk and cheese when comparing a human translation service to any on line one.   

I didn't find the original contract extract too difficult to follow - must be my legal background. 

Like 0      
16 Oct 2013 2:06 PM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

But I do know you are talking chalk and cheese when comparing a human translation service to  with any on line one.

Roly,   I was not actually doing that. I was giving cidphilips (and others in similar situations)  an alternative. 

When he/she said, " Have just been over to visit for a couple of days" I understood that he/she is no longer in Spain and thus his/her ability to get  a professional translation maybe not that straightforward (otherwise they would probably have done it). 

The on-line route, far from perfect as I said, is I think useful for a person who has no Spanish.

This message was last edited by elaineG on 16/10/2013.

Like 0      
16 Oct 2013 2:10 PM by Roly2 Star rating in Almeria. 646 posts Send private message

We are not really disagreeing Elaine.   I was just pointing out that translation services (human ones) are very good, not expensive - and available anywhere in the UK.   And a google search would confirm that.   Personally, if I had concerns about a contract of any kind, and I did not speak the language, then I would get a proper translation.  That is all. 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Change to tax rate for non resident home owners?? - 48 posts
Four foot pedals - no handbrake. - 4 posts
Telefonica/Movistar the most useless company on this planet. - 18 posts
Bought a French car with the intention of taking it to Spain – not a straightforward process. - 3 posts
WANTED flat to share on Costa del Sol - 0 posts
Property Swap - 3 posts
Enter the b****y code - 3 posts
Malaga Car Hire - 4 posts
utilities and costings - 2 posts
trying to find a flight Search Engine - 5 posts
route Bilbao to costa del sol - 5 posts
Wer spricht deutsch? - 3 posts
Oh dear, this member hasn't provided any information yet - 41 posts
Denuncias - 11 posts
Anti social behaviour by tenants - 1 posts
COCKROACHES IN SPAIN SORTED OUT AND HOW - 0 posts
CostaLuz or MariadeCastro? - 5 posts
Los Alcazares: Looking for a Handyman, Plumber, Electrician - 1 posts
Garlic and Olive Oil - The Seventies and Eighties in Spain - 1 posts
Typhoid vaccination - possible from a private clinic? - 1 posts
thor TL1 500 - 0 posts
IF IT ISN’T BROKE DON’T FIX IT - 3 posts
easyJet Flights June-Sept - 0 posts
one way van hire move - 0 posts
Controversial but is it Truthful - 19 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x