trying to find a flight Search Engine

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Oct 2013 8:33 PM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 300 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

Hi,

Last year I used a website search engine to book flights to and from malaga, as far as I can remember, the website had the option of choosing 2 or 3 departure airports and then listed the the outbound flight in order of price seperately to the inbound flight, the flights were also listed for several dates.

The appeal of this site was that it listed the cheapest flight irrespective of the airline e.g. Jet2 cheapest outbound and Ryanair cheapest inbound (hope all of this is making sense so far?)

Has anyone else used this site, or knows the name of the site, because for the life of me I cannot remember the name or find it now.

kelju

Like 0      
13 Oct 2013 9:00 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Have you tried these 2    http://www.skyscanner.net/      and          http://www.kayak.co.uk/

Like 0      
13 Oct 2013 9:00 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

Have you tried these 2    http://www.skyscanner.net/      and          http://www.kayak.co.uk/

Like 0      
14 Oct 2013 3:16 PM by Lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

Lifeline´s avatar

I go on to these sites but invariably find they cost more than just going straight on to each airline.I would certainly always check Ryanair, Jet2, Easyjet, etc before relying on the info from search engines alone.

Daveil

Like 0      
14 Oct 2013 4:41 PM by kitchenman Star rating in Edinburgh & Jardines.... 64 posts Send private message

i use skyscanner all the time but only as a way of showing all available flights to my destination.one of the advantages of skyscanner it will also show all conections if there is no direct flight between departure airport and destination airport.

I have found in the past that i have saved money and got better flight times  by booking with 2 seperate airlines.

ie early morning flight out with easy jet and a early evening flight back with ryanair

but i do agree with Lifeline about booking direct with the airline as this is usualy cheaper

Jeff

This message was last edited by kitchenman on 14/10/2013.

Like 0      
14 Oct 2013 6:16 PM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 300 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

Thanks newworld, it was skyscanner that I used.

Jeff & lifeline, yes I do book with the airline, but as Jeff says, the advantage is being able to see who are the cheapest either way before going direct to the airlines website.

Thanks again

kelju

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

route Bilbao to costa del sol - 5 posts
Wer spricht deutsch? - 3 posts
Oh dear, this member hasn't provided any information yet - 41 posts
Denuncias - 11 posts
Anti social behaviour by tenants - 1 posts
COCKROACHES IN SPAIN SORTED OUT AND HOW - 0 posts
CostaLuz or MariadeCastro? - 5 posts
Los Alcazares: Looking for a Handyman, Plumber, Electrician - 1 posts
Garlic and Olive Oil - The Seventies and Eighties in Spain - 1 posts
Typhoid vaccination - possible from a private clinic? - 1 posts
thor TL1 500 - 0 posts
IF IT ISN’T BROKE DON’T FIX IT - 3 posts
easyJet Flights June-Sept - 0 posts
one way van hire move - 0 posts
Controversial but is it Truthful - 19 posts
Have you, or has anyone you know, left the UK to start a new life? - 4 posts
Wanted: Office Desk - 0 posts
Mother gored to death during bull-running. - 5 posts
Santander contact. - 7 posts
Golden Leaves Leaflet - 0 posts
Rental Income - Allowable Expenses - 20 posts
Eutelsat 28a & Astra 2F changes - 11 posts
New to site and need some advice please. - 4 posts
Iberdrola PPI Charge . Can we get rid ? - 11 posts
UK Probate - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x