Enter the b****y code

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Oct 2013 11:42 AM by Woodbug Star rating. 371 posts Send private message

Is it just me or does anybody else have problems deciphering the strange words that one needs to prove that a human is requesting information or wanting to buy on line? When this strange practice first started we were told that it was to stop robots and a single short word or a simple 2+2= addition was sufficient to prove the applicant was human.

Now, absurdly complicated hieroglyphics are displayed that humans (well this human anyway) can’t read or faithfully repeat, resulting in multiple attempts to get it right and as a result it causes me to log off any website with silly demands before I can buy a product.

Are the robots getting a better education now or am I entering my twilight years demonstrating a basic inability to copy an alien language into the space provided. Can any of you computer types tell me why this hurdle is necessary in order to conduct a basic level of business with most on-line companies? It’s easier to do an international online money transfer from Lloyds bank in UK than it is to fill these confounded boxes full of gobbledegook.

Like 8      
14 Oct 2013 11:54 AM by Fartharder Star rating in Loriguilla.. 172 posts Send private message

Fartharder´s avatar

Funny that this post should crop up right now.

Only ten minutes ago I was trying to access a page on the internet and had to reload the letters no less than six times before a readable combination came up.

Like 1      
14 Oct 2013 11:56 AM by haydngj Star rating in ALGORFA. 403 posts Send private message

haydngj´s avatar

verwell put i may say

Like 0      
14 Oct 2013 12:58 PM by ElviriaDreamer Star rating. 99 posts Send private message

ElviriaDreamer´s avatar

Aaaaaw Woodbug you have plenty of company!

I too struggle immensley with capatcha codes due to my poor eyesight...sometimes, I refresh for a new code repeatedly and still leave without bothering, as I just can't decipher the codes.

BUT, in todays age they are more "vital" than just necessary. Some would say a double edged sword.

Maybe in the next century there will be capatcha codes introduced for blind bats :)

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Malaga Car Hire - 4 posts
utilities and costings - 2 posts
trying to find a flight Search Engine - 5 posts
route Bilbao to costa del sol - 5 posts
Wer spricht deutsch? - 3 posts
Oh dear, this member hasn't provided any information yet - 41 posts
Denuncias - 11 posts
Anti social behaviour by tenants - 1 posts
COCKROACHES IN SPAIN SORTED OUT AND HOW - 0 posts
CostaLuz or MariadeCastro? - 5 posts
Los Alcazares: Looking for a Handyman, Plumber, Electrician - 1 posts
Garlic and Olive Oil - The Seventies and Eighties in Spain - 1 posts
Typhoid vaccination - possible from a private clinic? - 1 posts
thor TL1 500 - 0 posts
IF IT ISN’T BROKE DON’T FIX IT - 3 posts
easyJet Flights June-Sept - 0 posts
one way van hire move - 0 posts
Controversial but is it Truthful - 19 posts
Have you, or has anyone you know, left the UK to start a new life? - 4 posts
Wanted: Office Desk - 0 posts
Mother gored to death during bull-running. - 5 posts
Santander contact. - 7 posts
Golden Leaves Leaflet - 0 posts
Rental Income - Allowable Expenses - 20 posts
Eutelsat 28a & Astra 2F changes - 11 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x