Peter

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Sep 2013 11:14 AM by murcia4me Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi Everyone

Recently holidayed over at Hacienda Riquelme. Loved it there. The place looks great so we decided to seek out properties to buy and also hope that the Paramount build will also be an asset to the area and may increase property rentals and prices. On checking out the area online I found the " united golf resort". I know nothing of this reort and would love to hear about it . The owners I spoke to over at Hacienda loved there Apertments and praised the gardeners and security and although many bought when they were first built and had lost loads on the property.

Properties seem to be cheaper at United so I am just getting an insight into the place if anyone can help.

We are a family of 4 with our kids being 18 and 14. We would love to own and rent and probabley get over to use the property twice a year .

Peter

Like 0      
06 Sep 2013 11:24 AM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

Well Peter La Tercia is a disaster zone. Buildings collapsing due to poor construction, half the estate unsold and bank repossessed. Golf course closed, no security, crime almost every week, no services or shops, all closed down, massive debts and the few that bought won't pay community charges.

You would need to see a shrink if you bought there I don't care how cheap it is.

Like 0      
06 Sep 2013 12:56 PM by sox Star rating. 81 posts Send private message

I dont know where Micky finn get all his info from? , Yes there are problems due to the builder allegedly going bankrupt but fortunately the banks have taken over and things are slowly progressing, I agree one block of apartments (M22)  has suffered dramatic subsidence and will need to be  knocked down which I believe is in the hands of the insurers.  The banks also repossessed the golf course recently leading to its closure whilst they sort out a new owner, there is  night security  and the site has been crime free since this was reinstated, there are no massive debts and there has been great success in the selling of reposssessed apartments, I believe out of the 90 advertised more than 70 were sold in a very short space of time, there is also a very high percentage of owners that are fully paid up with community fees, Before people criticize sites perhaps they should go and visit them and speak to owners who I am sure would only be too willing to help, there was a shop on site but again due to the builders no longer owning the site the shop had to return to his other shop in La Tercia but does hope to return when the banks sort out ownership etc, there is also a wonderful social commitee with lots of activities going on and if you went to one of these I do not think you would find a dissatissified owner despite the aforementioned problems,there is also an on site gym, tennis courts, all weather football/basketball pitch and bowling green.

Like 0      
06 Sep 2013 1:55 PM by Mickyfinn Star rating in Spain and France. 1833 posts Send private message

In any given situation there are two sides to the coin. They whose interests lie in talking up the subject and they that see it as it actually is.

My knowlege of this development comes from talking to disgrunled residents, owners and people who were conned out of money. I also used to be a member of the golf club and enjoyed playing there.

It's currently a disaster. That is not to say that if millions were found to turn it around it could not be a success. The community spirit among a few residents living there who have no choice but to make the best of it is great. However people who are thinking about buying there should know the truth.

When the banks move in nothing is improved. They take what they can recover and then move on.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

CFPB concerned about reverse mortgag-es - 0 posts
best place to buy beach chairs and parasol in or near Los Alcazares - 0 posts
spanish postal service - 1 posts
Part time kitchen helper required - 0 posts
Waitress required. English as a first language. Fuengirola area - 0 posts
Spanish digital tv - 4 posts
gestor help - 3 posts
Tours - 5 posts
spainish sip card - 7 posts
Registering for healthcare - 3 posts
Spanish court suspends demolition of British couples home pending appeal to ECHR - 45 posts
Easyjet flights till 15/6/2014 are out this morning - 2 posts
Administration/Bankruptcy - 9 posts
Exchange Spanish car to a UK car - 1 posts
Are you going back to the UK? Wanting to? - 0 posts
When it comes to buying a property, whose side is the agent on? - 24 posts
Any Members of Eye on Spain who own/rent on Sol de Mar 1, Playa Flamenca? - 0 posts
bonjela - 7 posts
QUICK EASYJET QUESTION - 3 posts
NEW! Supreme Court and no mortgage in off plan businesses - 0 posts
Is it true? - 9 posts
new arrangements for prescriptions - 18 posts
Part exchange car - 9 posts
Domestic recycling bin - 0 posts
Domestic recycling bins - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x