question re delivery of items via amazon es if not home at the time

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Aug 2013 10:03 AM by KERRYB Star rating in Wales & Murcia. 113 posts Send private message

Hi

More advice needed:

We are thinking of buying some items from amazon es my question involves delivery if we are not home at the time.

Would they as in the UK, either

Leave round side of house, or sometimes even on front door step!

Leave with a neighbour

leave a card giving pick up options from an office

or try and redeliver

bearing in mind our spanish is currently very limited any phone calls to arrange re-delivery would be challenging at best!

Kerry

Like 0      
18 Aug 2013 10:43 AM by kathyslad Star rating. 329 posts Send private message

Deliveries from amazon are normally through MRW (www.mrw.es). They normally leave a card for you to call and they will redeilver. You can also go to your local office to collect. However, you will have to call, but even with limited spanish its possible to communicate. You should be okay if you quote the pacage number (which you get from Amazon) and google "please deliver tomorrow, or whenever". Having said that, you can track the delivery, and you can find out the day its out for delivery.

Like 0      
18 Aug 2013 11:07 AM by Mailpoint_Dave Star rating in Algorfa. 3 posts Send private message

Hi Kerry

Depending where you live

1.  Never ever, you do not want this. It is very high risk.

2. Only when pre arranged and still high risk.

3. Many couriers use e-mail but this is automatic and then you phone. As kathyslad said should be OK

4. Most need a phone call, however I have known them try again same day.

best option find a local store, usually internet and post, who may accept it for a small fee. They open most days, and unlike neighbours and friends, do not play golf/ walk, visit doctors and hospitals or simply pop out for a coffee.

The couriers are very good and helpful.

Like 0      
18 Aug 2013 11:14 AM by KERRYB Star rating in Wales & Murcia. 113 posts Send private message

Ok thanks for replies

We are going to try and time the delivery with our 2 week stay so plenty of time to sort any delivery issues

We are in Los alcazares by the way

Kerry

Like 0      
22 Aug 2013 1:43 PM by rockinrodders Star rating. 81 posts Send private message

All of our Amazon.es parcels are delivered by SEUR (www.seur.es). They usually send a despatch email with tracking number (This is from SEUR not the usual Amazon despatch notice). On there you can click the link and change delivery/address/date/add details. If you don't get one, go to Amazon.es get the tracking number and go to SEUR website and you may be able to do it on there. I think you can only change up until the day it is actually being delivered.

We're in Manilva, in the south CDS so may be different in other areas. When we used to order from amazon.co.uk they used to use MRW but since they stopped supersaver delivery and we're forced to use the spain site it has been SEUR all the way.

Like 0      
22 Aug 2013 2:01 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

If you trawl through other forums on the topic you will find that the service from the delivering courier can vary enormously from one area to another. Although our local MRW and Seur offices are barely a few streets away, my personal experience has been that they ring when the package is in their office, and if they can get away with it, try to get you to come and pick it up, to avoid having to bother delivering it at all!

Another warning: again, in my experience buying anything from amazon.es, they charge your (Spanish) card twice (although they say one charge is just a "test" payment), and refund one debit about a week later. Make sure you have sufficient funds in your account, or, for future purchases, consider asking your bank for a prepaid debit card and loading it with exactly the purchase amount. Or use a UK debit card - doesn't seem to happen then. surprise

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
24 Aug 2013 8:04 PM by KERRYB Star rating in Wales & Murcia. 113 posts Send private message

Thanks everyone for help and suggestions.

Has anyone used Argos.es which appears to be only home delivery

Like 0      
25 Aug 2013 9:12 AM by elaineG Star rating in Spain . 409 posts Send private message

Last time I had something delivered I was not at home.  The courier called me on my mobile.  I said I could be back in 15 mins.  He asked me where I was and then delivered the package to me in  the bar where I was having coffee

Like 0      
25 Aug 2013 7:57 PM by KERRYB Star rating in Wales & Murcia. 113 posts Send private message

Do you need to be able to speak fluent Spanish to speak to the courier?

Like 0      
26 Aug 2013 7:39 AM by Julianx Star rating in Spain. 61 posts Send private message

I guess it depends on the courier.  I live here so have made the effort to speak Spanish (sufficient for everyday living).

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Tony - 0 posts
First Aid in Spain - 1 posts
RYANAIR - 125 posts
Legal tip 1008. Foreign investments in Spain. Bit two - 0 posts
Legal tip 1006. Foreign investment in Spain. Bit one - 0 posts
seeking trustworthy letting agent almeria area - 0 posts
Law firm to get my money back from CBL and a developer in Spain - 3 posts
Cajamar bank - 6 posts
Each to their own I suppose - 8 posts
Car Information - 11 posts
Vuelta 2013 - 2 posts
FORD PUMA FOR SALE - 1 posts
Portugal makes unexpectedly dramatic exit from recession - could Spain follow suit? - 0 posts
Boat Trip - 6 posts
Foreign Office to complain to Madrid after Gibraltar motorists endure five hour delays - 0 posts
Importance of fencing in garden - 1 posts
IHT a query - 34 posts
Murcia supermarket opening times - 3 posts
Drip irrigation for garden, your views? - 3 posts
Help Re renting around El Chaparral, Torrevieja " - 0 posts
Help wanted - 0 posts
replacing a kindle. - 4 posts
NEAREST BEACH HOTELS/APARTMENTS TO ALMERIA AIRPORT - 0 posts
Crockery, glasses, etc. - Ikea or Supermarket? - 11 posts
Clubhouse Bar/Rest Eroski Centre - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x