the wonderful Spanish people

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Jul 2013 11:01 AM by haydngj Star rating in ALGORFA. 403 posts Send private message

haydngj´s avatar

A silly old fool lost his wallet with cash, credit cards ,cash cards Zip card and other cards in it. He had a phone call this morning from his gestores and a visit from the local police to tell him he had lost it, he had not even missed it. The police asked him to go to Torrevieja local police station to pick it up. The contents of the wallet were all there.

If anyone says that the Spanish are all corrupt I will give them what for.

yours truly is the silly old fool

Like 0      
29 Jul 2013 11:03 AM by I_Love_javea Star rating in Gibraltar / Morocco .... 125 posts Send private message

Well said! - glad you got your stuff back. There are plenty of good people of all nationalities out there.

Shiny happy people - where?

Like 0      
29 Jul 2013 11:13 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Excellent news!

Yes, most of people suffering corruption sare honorable, great, people-oriented people. Try the small towns and you will see it!

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
31 Jul 2013 11:03 PM by mac75 Star rating in Valencia. 414 posts Send private message

mac75´s avatar

As much as the Spanish are great people and do have a conscience, one of my most mind blowingly honorable experiences I had in London. I was  at a meeting in london and after I went round to my sister's house in a black cab, I got out of the taxi, paid and went into her house, about 15 minutes later I realised that I had left my briefcase in the cab, with money, passport, lap top and absolutely everything else of value, call me stupid but I got distracted obviously when greeting my sister. I had no idea which cab company it was, we called several, but no one could help, we walked down to the police station to report it, but I had no idea what the reg was or anything to help identify the cab, apart from the colour : black! After being in the police station for over half an hour, they took note and said they could help any more for the time being and suggested we called the lost property later on that day to see if it appeared. This was nightmare as I flying out the next morning and I didn't have my passport or my cards...however when we turned the corner there it was, my cab waiting outside the front door of my sister's house. He said he had been waiting for about 30 minutes to see if I turned up as he thought I might need my briefcase! I got it all back absolutley everything. He could have easily driven off and got away with it, he knew I was visiting and wasn't from the area as we had spoken before hand. Obviously I gave him healthy tip for going to all the effort, but admittedly I sincerley believed that I would never see it again and that there was no way I could trust a london cab driver, but I was pleasantly proved wrong, and I take my hat off to him, a true gentleman and an honorable person, the last of a kind....I hope not! So I say wonderful London cab drivers! 

A donde el corazón se inclina, el pie camina.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Starting a Business: Spain the World's 3rd Worst - 3 posts
Bicycle rack, GPS, and heater for sale - 3 posts
NIE - 5 posts
NIE - 1 posts
Mortgage with Ground Clause - 4 posts
A tale of woe - 4 posts
CAPITAL GAINS TAX - 5 posts
illegally chained Property in a Communual Area - 6 posts
illegally chained Property in a Communual Area - 0 posts
Selling Costs - 9 posts
CACI Facials / Beauty therapist Los Alcazares area - 1 posts
Swapping to Spanish licence will I retain my motorycle category? - 2 posts
Starting a new business - need some market research - 52 posts
President and Administrators - 9 posts
Do you Spain. No free cancellation fees and no email or replys whatsoever - 5 posts
Spain's Tourism is on the rise this year again thanks to British - 1 posts
sky changes for September - 1 posts
Shaving With Broken Glass - 13 posts
Buying a bed in spain or in the uk - 10 posts
Plan Pive-2 - 4 posts
Bank Guarantees - 2 posts
They go bust - we pay - 0 posts
Community Fees help please - 9 posts
Dumb Waiters - 10 posts
Gas Inspection - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x