Directions from Murcia airpot to Vera

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Jul 2007 12:00 AM by dealse Star rating in Welwyn Hertfordshire.... 64 posts Send private message

dealse´s avatar

I have always used Almeria airport, but in a couple of weeks i fly from Palma Mallorca with Air Berlin into Murcia. Does anyone have directions using the what i believe new AP7 from San Javier to Vera (Valle del Este final destination). Has anyone any comments on the time it will take by using this route? or is it quicker to go into Murcia?

The AP-7 does not appear on my Tom Tom so i am asuming its a new toll road...

Thanks

Simon

Like 0      
27 Jul 2007 8:51 AM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

We used the AP7 toll road in May driving from Near Alicante to Vera. If I remember rightly it was just over an hour from San Javier to Vera. It is a fantastic road. In the time we were on it  we hardly saw another car. I can't give you directions off the motorway but suffice to say that we got to Vera really easily by following the signs.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
28 Jul 2007 10:01 AM by dealse Star rating in Welwyn Hertfordshire.... 64 posts Send private message

dealse´s avatar

Thanks Noreen, one hour, thats encouraging.... thanks alot

Simon

Like 0      
28 Jul 2007 12:48 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

We used the new toll road a few weeks back (can't remember the number though as I was a passenger), very quick, easy and empty . I believe the toll is about 11 Euros and it took one hour 10 minutes from San Javier to Mojacar at not too quick a pace. Lovely road and great scenery!!

Mark

Like 0      
28 Jul 2007 1:01 PM by dealse Star rating in Welwyn Hertfordshire.... 64 posts Send private message

dealse´s avatar

Terrific, thanks Mark... wish i could find it on my TOM Tom... as i say its the first time that i will be using Murcia airport and dont know how easy it is to find directions, guess just look for sign to Almeria.

thanks

Like 0      
28 Jul 2007 2:15 PM by nfm2862 Star rating in Welling, Kent & Al A.... 1460 posts Send private message

nfm2862´s avatar

In May we travelled from Algorfa (near Alicante) to Vera and if I remeber rightly we picked up signs for Vera very soon along the route. We definitely picked them up before we hit Mar Menor/ Murcia. Almeria may be your first clue but you will pick Vera up very quickly.

Noreen

www.alandaluscarhire.com

www.vera-apartment.com

www.verathalassa.es 

Like 0      
28 Jul 2007 8:41 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Just go to Google Maps and get directions

New motorway now open so it is about 45 mins

Like 0      
28 Jul 2007 11:09 PM by dealse Star rating in Welwyn Hertfordshire.... 64 posts Send private message

dealse´s avatar

Brian, well done you have come up trumps... thanks

simon

Like 0      
28 Feb 2008 10:51 AM by davehall Star rating in Playa De Vera. 26 posts Send private message

Hi, Could any of you erstwhile memebrs advise on the exact directions for the return journey from Vera to to the toll entry point for the AP7.

I understand it is better signed now but I could do with a heads up to the exact route. I know you take the 3rd exit of the roundabout opposite the bullring in Vera but then after that I'm not sure of the exact route.

Any assistance will be much appreciated,

Gracias,

Dave

Like 0      
28 Feb 2008 11:21 AM by J&N Star rating in Nottinghamshire. 342 posts Send private message

J&N´s avatar

We've just come back from a stay at Valle del Este and we followed signs from Murcia airport for the N332, which then started to have the AP7/E15 Alemria shown. The toll cost us €11.80 and the hardest part was getting the right exit for Valle del Este, but we now know it is sign posted Vera and has a sevices sign. We travelled down at 9pm  and the road was absolutely empty, mind you even mid saturday morning, we've never seen more than 6 cars on it, fabulous road.

Can't help on coming back from Vera, as we took the coastal road back up to Cartagena and got onto the AP7 there, just because we had the time for the scenic route.

This message was last edited by J&N on 2/28/2008.

Jacqui

http://relocatetospain.blogspot.com our adventure from deciding to move to Spain to being here and moving back to the UK.

Like 0      
28 Feb 2008 2:00 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Depends on which 3rd exit? If coming from the Puerto Rey direction down the dual carriageway, I take the third exit (Wok Buffet on left and Vodafone shop on the right). It is signposted towards the motorway. Head straight down this road to the end (about 1 mile). Turn left at the T junction and you are heading towards the motorway. About 2- 3 miles, you will come to a small roundabout. Take the first exit and stay in the right hand lane as you only go up one junction. If you take the first junction, you come to the toll booths, then you stay on this road until you reach the other side of Cartagena.

This is the way I go.

Mark

Like 0      
28 Feb 2008 2:03 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I forgot to add. If you go to my website (click here), you will find a scanned copy of the toll road that I managed to get from the tol booths and it shows it all perfectly (nearly!!)

Mark

Like 0      
28 Feb 2008 3:43 PM by dealse Star rating in Welwyn Hertfordshire.... 64 posts Send private message

dealse´s avatar
i have used this new motorway quite a few times now, fantastic. when you reach the exit tolls at other end, keep left for San Javier airport, its not signposted from the end of toll for quite a while. if you are in a hurry (like i usually am) they dont check the time it has taken from Vera and then clobber you with a speeding ticket. I have done well over 200kpm and not got caught, dont take that as a given tho. I have never seen a police car on there but there has to be a first time

Like 0      
28 Feb 2008 3:50 PM by davehall Star rating in Playa De Vera. 26 posts Send private message

Mark, yep that 3rd exit (coming up the hill as you say). Is it now sign-posted at the relevant junctions etc?

Thanks,

Dave

Like 0      
28 Feb 2008 3:52 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Coming down from Puerto Rey, the motorway is signposted, but only at the exit off the roundabout, not on any sign boards beforehand (well it wasn't in half term week anyway!).

Mark

Like 0      
28 Feb 2008 3:52 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Aren't you clever, Mark, putting that on your site.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 2/28/2008.

Like 0      
28 Feb 2008 4:01 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

For our rentals More  (but also to help other forum members), to help them find the place.  I also have a few POI's for Tom Tom sat navs to put there, hopefully the file will increase but only a few restaurants and the like on there at the moment.

Mark

This message was last edited by Marksfish on 2/28/2008.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

beverley robinson - 2 posts
Glad to be here,hello everyone. - 11 posts
How to complain about a post - 2 posts
When is a pushy developer not a pushy developer? - 26 posts
New Build Mortgage Advice - 6 posts
Driving to Spain from the UK - 29 posts
Snagging List Recommendations - 3 posts
Novo Carthago beach and golf resort, Murcia - 4 posts
hi, just joined and need some help - 7 posts
Just Joined to say.. - 24 posts
Euro Exchange - 4 posts
Up Your Street Radio launches! - 8 posts
Hello, I'm new and need information about shipping pets to Spain - 2 posts
naomi - 4 posts
Punta Prima??? or somewhere else? - 4 posts
For Sale Yamaha Cygnus Motorscooter 125cc - 1 posts
Long term rental in Spain - 1 posts
Excellent video for forums - 6 posts
Another Disney Rumour or is it?? - 0 posts
enquiries on Manzana 5 - 0 posts
Over 200 posts - 22 posts
Pedrokav - 2 posts
restaurants in cuidad murcia - 0 posts
How Spanish are you ? - 15 posts
LIVING IN A CARAVAN - 15 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 17

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x